What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Winter??? At 43° North, outside?

Treevly

March 30th, I was getting stufff from my car and looked at the lawn to see its general condition, and my eye was caught by ..... a pot seedling!!! In October I had stashed temporarily a few plants in the tiny front garden, and perhaps a few seeds had fallen out. I decided to check the garden itself, and sure enough there were two bigger ones, about 4 and 3 inches. They must have broken ground around the first day of spring, 21 March, which was not very spring-like.

How the heck? The garden has mugo pines, and is protected from much of the wind, gets only afternoon sun. But sure as heck, these critters had taken root among the mugo pine bushes and I now have them is a friendly atmosphere - growing like heck!!! Very strong!!!

What are they? I'm not sure, but the father could only have been a Spitfire (Riot Seeds, not someone I dealt with, a hot Kush/Thai thing) and the mother a landrace Lebanese !!! What a combination!! It was an accident, the SF got my Leb pregnant. It happens.

I was astonished that a seed could take root so early !!! I will grow them out, they deserve it!