What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

&^#$&# Windows update!

B

Bud Bug

Ass just lost two hours of entering numbers into excel when I went to my other computer and windows automatically restarted my other machine after doing an update.

Yes I do normally save as I got but was just too busy to pay attention this time. Only if open office calc search function worked better I wouldn't have to start up windows in Virtualbox to use Excel.

Serves me right for using Windows.

Ramius

Veteran
That is very annoying, but that's why you should change your windows update settings to "notify me, but don't automatically download or install updates" for future reference :)

I agree with Ramius. Please don't blame the Operating System when the user is clearly to blame. Also, you should have set Excel to auto-save every 1 minute. Even if it's not set like, that there are most likely ways to recover the unsaved document if you took the time to look it up instead of bitch on a cannabis website. :joint:

Nicoli

Veteran
Been there done that. Auto-save. Also: don't leave open documents sitting around unattended. That's a no-no!

B

Bud Bug

That is very annoying, but that's why you should change your windows update settings to "notify me, but don't automatically download or install updates" for future reference :)

Well normally I don't use windows (I do have it in virtual box just in case) but had to this time as the oocalc search was pissing me of and it wouldn't loop through the document unless I hit yes when the end of search window popped up and its too fucking hot right now to read the the help file.

I still got 20 pages with 34 products of inventory count on each page to input. I have to go product by product and enter the count from inventory day. Thank god I only have to do this one per year but I'm thinking its best to pay my gf to enter it at home while I drink beer and watch a movie. :dance013:

Then I still have to go through my POS system and enter the new product count into that.

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
that sucks but as said before - with windows do not allow auto-updating and change your auto-save timings.

I will say this though - if your gonna be lazy about inputting data then you should expect stuff like this in the future. Its just part of it

Latest posts

Latest posts