What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Windows 10, Setting "Architecture/ Processor Type" to x86

St. Phatty

I'm trying to install Solidworks 2005 on Windows 10.

It gives me an error message, about Processor type.

Is there a way to make the installer "happy" so I can do the install ?

It's a 3 disc install.

Thanks for any info ! :angelshug:

goingrey

Try to start it with right mouse button -> "Troubleshoot compatibility". Sometimes that helps.

Three Berries

You can try this.

https://www.cadtek.com/running-solidworks-on-windows-10/

SOLIDWORKS Support Schedule
  • SOLIDWORKS 2015: Service Pack 5 (Previous SPs won’t be supported)
  • SOLIDWORKS 2016: Service Pack 0
SOLIDWORKS will be supported on Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise when these versions are released, which will be at some point over the next few weeks. As with all versions of SOLIDWORKS it will not be supported on the Home edition of Windows.

Running SOLIDWORKS on Windows 10 now

If you have already upgraded your OS and are experiencing any problems then there are a couple of options for you.
  • Running SOLIDWORKS in compatibility mode
  • Rollback your operating system to the previous version
Before discussing these two options it is worth noting that we have seen some customers run SOLIDWORKS on Windows 10 without any issues.

How to set compatibility mode:

To select this option find the ‘SLDWORKS’ application file in ‘C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp-2015\SOLIDWORKS’. Right click the file (when SOLIDWORKS is not running) select properties and there will be a tab labelled compatibility. From here you can select a version of Windows that SOLIDWORKS is compatible with.

Latest posts

Latest posts