What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wimbledon 2008

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What can I say. I may have just witnessed the greatest tennis match that has ever been. Unbelievable.

Rafael Nadal held off an incredible fightback from Roger Federer to win his first Wimbledon title and end the Swiss star's reign at the All England Club.

The Spaniard missed two championship points in the fourth set but recovered to win a dramatic rain-interrupted match 6-4 6-4 6-7 (3-7) 6-7 (8-10) 9-7.

_44809855_rafanew_282.jpg

Congratulations Nadal. You deserved it. Good month for Spainish sport eh? :joint:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
yeah i just finished watching it then, good match, one of the matches where you kinda wish it could be a draw as it was so even

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, I totally agree. Both players were brilliant today and although I wanted Federer to set a new record 6 wimbledon titles in a row (as this is his only shot at doing it), I think I wanted Rafa to win just that little bit more.

Both are champions though, gracious in victory and defeat. And a great sporting final in general.

Anyone else into tennis? I play a bit when I can. :joint:

Last edited:

trouble

Veteran
That was the greatest Wimbledon Men's single final I have ever witnessed!

What an sensational match! A spectacular ending to a prestigious tournament!

Nadal becomes the first to win the French Open & Wimbledon back to back since Borg did it in 1980.

........................................................................................................

Last edited:

PrinceOfPersia

Hey sammet and other tennis lovers. I saw the game, and i fully agree. That was the best game ever!. Today nadal became my favorite player, he stood up against the anhialator and won in the end! :)

REALLY high class performance from both of them. But nadal had the nerves right!

Im just wondering if any of u guys noticed how much power an energy both players had until last ball was played!? it really got me wondering how doped up theese guys are, in fact im convinced after wathing the game that theese guys are on epo or some kind of doping?! What do u guys think? " i know therewere breaks and stuff, but this was unseen?"

Sammet, nadal also made a record by winning. Something with being the first to take 3 grand slams in a row in one year or something :)..

I used to play alot of tennis when i lived in south africa, lovely sport!

Peace
Pop-

trouble

Veteran
PrinceOfPersia said:
Im just wondering if any of u guys noticed how much power an energy both players had until last ball was played!? it really got me wondering how doped up theese guys are, in fact im convinced after wathing the game that theese guys are on epo or some kind of doping?! What do u guys think? " i know therewere breaks and stuff, but this was unseen?"

The ITF (International Tennis Federation) has some of the toughest, if not the toughest, no-nosense anti-doping polices in all of professional sports. I seriously doubt that these guy's would be stupid enough to dope-up in the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world.

The power & energy that you refer to each player having late in the match is why their the best players in the world. Not to mention the rain delays and playing into the cooler evening temperatures. I'm not saying that doping doesn't take place in Professional Tennis, however, I doubt we witnessed any doping in todays mens final.

Last edited:

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
i just wish nadal stopped pulling his underwear out his ass all the time....lmfao

so fuc..ing annoying.....can't he wear some clothes like regular people...lol

i wouldn't want to shake hands with a motherfuc...er who picked his ass for 4 hours

but the match was killer to watch.....nonetheless

trouble

Veteran
southflorida said:
i just wish nadal stopped pulling his underwear out his ass all the time....lmfao

so fuc..ing annoying.....can't he wear some clothes like regular people...lol

i wouldn't want to shake hands with a motherfuc...er who picked his ass for 4 hours

SF, what were you doing watching Nadal's ass for 4 hours? You should have been watching the tennis ball!

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tremendous game! So evenly matched, providing for great drama! They have been doing this for awhile, but yesterday really was a new level! At 26 and 22, we should be witness to one of the greatest match-ups for a long time coming!

I applaud both these champions! :D:yes:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
what a wonderful match indeed :joint: I got to watch it all, including rain breaks and all, what a kick ass game all-together, k+ to everyone who enjoyed it :D
Peace

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
trouble said:
SF, what were you doing watching Nadal's ass for 4 hours? You should have been watching the tennis ball!

i always watch the tennis ball and match overrall.....plus I play tennis myself.....and this is something everyone in my family is annoyed at also....this mofo picking his ass....lmfao

doesn't make him a worse player....just an ass picker...lmfao

PrinceOfPersia

theres always a way!

theres always a way!

trouble said:
The ITF (International Tennis Federation) has some of the toughest, if not the toughest, no-nosense anti-doping polices in all of professional sports. I seriously doubt that these guy's would be stupid enough to dope-up in the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world.

The power & energy that you refer to each player having late in the match is why their the best players in the world. Not to mention the rain delays and playing into the cooler evening temperatures. I'm not saying that doping doesn't take place in Professional Tennis, however, I doubt we witnessed any doping in todays mens final.

Perhaps, But i never seen anyone in tennis in the same physical form. Just something i was wondering though. But its not about being stupid though its about the money and prestige! and with the money they have earned they could easily have the best doctors doing extremely well blood doping or other shit.. someones always smarter, dont rule it out :).

Anyways big probs to both of them for giving us such a nice ride.

Peace pop-