What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

will this be ok???

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi, im growing 6 Northern lights at the mo, all girls, 1 of them, is untopped, and extremely lanky, also seems less developed, if it takes longer than the rest of the plants to finish, it will interfere with the next lot, which are already seedlings now, what i want to know is, when most of my plants are done and cut, can i leave the other plant which is well into flowering now, 5 weeks flower, can i leave it in thew room with the new plants when the lights are switched back up to 18/6 for vegging the new ones. Will it ruin the plant, or does a cannabis plant have a sort of point of no return where flowering is concerned, do u think it will finish safely???

tokeAcola

Hey, 1st timer!

Putting a flowering plant under 18/6 could cause it to go hermie on ya or revert back to veg state. It'd be good to have a seperate veg area.

-- tAc

Rabbitt-420

Switching back that late will stress it alot.
I would try to give it enough time to finish flowering before throwing the new plants in there and switching the light back.
Or maybe you could flower the new plants as the other plant finishes.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
im in the process of building a whole seperate veg, mother, clone room, but its far from ready, and the plants only have a few weeks to got, some of them are already about 30% brown pistils, and its almost blinding, lol the lamp;ight reflecting on the trichomes(slight exaggerration but the plants t great), thanks tho, ill just hang on with the new 1s in the place they r until its all finished.

Once a plant has flowered, switching back to veg will mess it up for 3-4 weeks.

Sounds like your grow is progressing nicely. You are well on your way to felf-sufficiency.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
what i was intending to do was to put the new ones in to veg at the end of the current plants flowering 8 weeks, just a few extra days 4 the big NL, would the few days hurt is what i meant

deZerTomB

few days

few days

a few days could possiblybe enough to shock it into hermie.

here's an idea for those few days, just take her out of the light for 12 hours. A little high maintainence, but worth it, for a few days.

deZerTomB.

Latest posts

Latest posts