What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
...can hear right now the anti prop peeps snickering 'see muthafakers'!
and i believe some on this site chose to support the status quo knowing they were enabling continuation of prohibition.
several astute members' posts reveal the true nature of that travesty. yet few grasp the futility against the beast in this Crusade.
blood money...really any money(especially what the CBs are prestidigitating) causes these disconnects between all of us. wholesalers, retailers, consumers...all whining about the inequities of prohibition!
live within your means...rid yourself of debt, and be the fuck happy already! there is and always will be a market for whatever, even clearheaded trichs on special. someone who is better off fiscally will buy the best, while what is left will be snapped up by those less willing to part with what they shouldn't be spending on non-essentials to begin with.
live long and proper.

Last edited:

Sour Deez

...can hear right now the anti prop peeps snickering 'see muthafakers'!
and i believe some on this site chose to support the status quo knowing they were enabling continuation of prohibition.
several astute members' posts reveal the true nature of that travesty. yet few grasp the futility against the beast in this Crusade.
blood money...really any money(especially what the CBs are prestidigitating) causes these disconnects between all of us. wholesalers, retailers, consumers...all whining about the inequities of prohibition!
live within your means...rid yourself of debt, and be the fuck happy already! there is and always will be a market for whatever, even clearheaded trichs on special. someone who is better off fiscally will buy the best, while what is left will be snapped up by those less willing to part with what they shouldn't be spending on non-essentials to begin with.
live long and proper.

Shit thats all i have been seeing in my parts for awhile, i cant tell you the last time i saw any amber on the bud i got

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
things made from the motivation brought on by easy money will never have the value of things made from the motive of genuine passion

this is the difference between a backwoods/dutch master or the finest cuban cigar

on top of it most people who seek easy money lack conventional wisdom exasperating the severity of the business cycle, its very easy to see this happen as Cali lowers the bar to become the next BC

its greed is a bitch of a bridesmaids whose never really satisfied and never really fulfills

the rewards of passion however, now this is a whole different situation all together

kifmaster

Yes4Prop215 and Hydrosun, you guys know what it is.

Theres a shitload of factors in what price you are gonna get.

The packs going for 25 are going for 25 because nobody wants to smoke them. I havent seen a legit OG or Bubba pack go for less than 35 in socal. That shit people are offing for mid to low 2s, think about the retailer. Whoever is breaking it down, is gonna be lucky to get 250 a zip for some subpar shit, more likely 200, so their profit margins aren't that great. And for the guys moving these cheap packs outta state, they are risking fed time so they all wanna get PAID.

Grow good shit, network, and don't be desperate and you will get better than 25. Doesn't have to be OG just has to be well grown and manicured and fetching 3k shouldnt be a huge issue.

yea quality is slacking for the most part...alot of guys are like "why should i trim this up nice or run an extra week if im only getting 24 a lb"....etc....shit that used to sell for 32-36 all day.

prices basicaly dropped off about a grand give or take all over the place....east coast is no longer 55 its 45...cali is no longer 35 its 25...(indoors)

outdoors is whats fucking up the market...but most outdoors coming out right now is 7 month old weed that has lost some of its bag appeal. its been buried for the last half year and alot of folks are complaining it looks "old" even with those fancy nitrogen vac sealers....

but real talk, not making this up. i have seen good indoor bud sell for 4k in the past month here in CALI flood central. so i know for a FACT that if you have top quality elite hard to find strains you will do alrite. if you are growing some regular old green buds from greenhouse seeds or some shit, good luck getting more than 2400....

kifmaster

My point was to clarify a difference in the players in the market. A broker and a transport guys' roles are completely different, although many times transport guys also work as brokers.

Where did I ever say anything about any of those things being bad or evil? I didn't.

Because I used the word trafficker you assumed I was hating on the culture. When I was making a point that the people taking the risk to move the work are making the serious coin, not the guy's brokering packs from their buddies grow.

Sorry bro but you are just wrong here. Lashing on me for no reason. Its cool though I forgive you.
What the fuck is your point?

Is it bad for someone to grow cannabis? Is it bad for someone to smoke cannabis? Is it bad for someone to broker cannabis? Is it bad for someone to transport cannabis?

Are the shipping companies of the world traffickers and therefor felons in need of prison?

What is the true evil you see out there? Someone doing an honest job for an agreed upon price or at their own risk? Or is the real evil small minded fucks and PIGS that have nothing better to do than stick their fucking snouts in other peoples NON VIOLENT, NON HARMFUL business?

:joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
no, they are traffickers, or transporters. A broker or a middleman does nothing other than connect buyer and seller and collect a fee.

As soon as you move it any significant distance, you are now a trafficker, and your job is to get it there.

A broker rarely takes more than $1-200 a pack on bulk deals, whereas the transporter can easily make 2-3x that.

My point was to clearify a difference in the players in the market. A broker and a transport guys roles are completely different, although many times transport guys also work as brokers.

Where did I ever say anything about any of those things being bad or evil?

Because I used the word trafficker you assumed I was hating on the culture.

Sorry bro but you are just wrong here. Lashing on me for no reason. Its cool though I forgive you.

If as you say you meant nothing by your first post, but to correct the terms, lexicon, or vernacular used in this thread; why didn't you explain to us the difference between a broker and trafficker's rate of compensation or % of final consumer price?

The term you chose to use is one CREATED by the opposition to label honest people as criminals.

You imparted no wisdom or enlightenment when you said that transporters and brokers are different. You claimed a transporter makes 2 to 3x a broker, and I took this to be a shot at transporters as GREEDY. I've about lost my mind confronting the GREED argument, but that doesn't excuse me being uncivil.

I don't mean to lash out at you for no reason. I am sorry that I took your term trafficker in such an offended manner. I should not be so thin skinned and I should seek to reach a common vocabulary. Transporter seems a fine enough term, grower, smoker, consumer, distributer, broker, etc. These are all fine and good.

Trafficker, Dealer, Manufacturer of Marijuana, Smuggler, Pusher, Launderer, etc. are all terms created by the PIGS.

I'm done speaking the pigs language.

So I took your transporters make 2 or 3x more than brokers to mean that transporters are bad. Now I understand that you just meant to add that there are more players than growers, brokers, supplier, and smoker. There is also a transporter in many cases and the transporters get paid.

I have nothing in my heart but love for transporters because of them people in every part of the country can smoke, DESPITE the fucking federal government. We can't just OverGrow we also have to OverSupply the world.

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
From what I hear

From what I hear

If you grow top quality Headband, OG Kush, Or GDP you will have people waiting for the buds before they are harvested,
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It just has to be the best around. If You grow it, they will come!

Last edited:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea quality is slacking for the most part...alot of guys are like "why should i trim this up nice or run an extra week if im only getting 24 a lb"....etc....shit that used to sell for 32-36 all day.

prices basicaly dropped off about a grand give or take all over the place....east coast is no longer 55 its 45...cali is no longer 35 its 25...(indoors)

outdoors is whats fucking up the market...but most outdoors coming out right now is 7 month old weed that has lost some of its bag appeal. its been buried for the last half year and alot of folks are complaining it looks "old" even with those fancy nitrogen vac sealers

but real talk, not making this up. i have seen good indoor bud sell for 4k in the past month here in CALI flood central. so i know for a
FACT that if you have top quality elite hard to find strains you will do
alrite. if you are growing some regular old green buds from
greenhouse seeds or some shit, good luck getting more than 2400....

Yes;
I have mad respect for you....I know you live near me in Santa Cruz....and I grew up in Fresno...but 4k for outdoor in the central valley? If that's true my dank should got their instead of far east.....I am having a hard time believing you can get 4k a pack in central valley...but if you said it's so....well like I said....got mad respect for you brah.......looks like I got a start talking to some peeps in the valley then.....shrug

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
not to get too in depth,but WOW..

i can get legit top shelf shipped from the bay area for 25(not that i ever would receive illegal merchandise in the mail)tomorrow ifin i wanted it.
please don't tell my guys out west they can get 4k...pretty please?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Bay Area Dispensories

Bay Area Dispensories

Get certified by Harborside as Organic, and they also will give top dollar for top shelf weed. I think they offered $3500 per lb for the Headband, if certified by them. They need to check out your grow to make sure you are on the level. They also will buy clones for 6 bucks a pop.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get certified by Harborside as Organic, and they also will give top dollar for top shelf weed. I think they offered $3500 per lb for the Headband, if certified by them. They need to check out your grow to make sure you are on the level. They also will buy clones for 6 bucks a pop.

No offense dude but Harborside is a joke....I've met the owner ( or one of the owners we always believed he had investors).....I have not seen that price paid by them for a long time. I have a friend who works for them, he has told me they have bought outdoor and sold it as indoor though.....their not the compassionate hippies they try to be, their all about the Benjamins in my experience AND this is only my experience first hand.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Yes;
I have mad respect for you....I know you live near me in Santa Cruz....and I grew up in Fresno...but 4k for outdoor in the central valley? If that's true my dank should got their instead of far east.....I am having a hard time believing you can get 4k a pack in central valley...but if you said it's so....well like I said....got mad respect for you brah.......looks like I got a start talking to some peeps in the valley then.....shrug

you misread my post....not in the central valley. and it wasnt outdoors....the stuff selling for 4000 a LB in san francisco/oakland is a strain called Cookies its a mix of Cherry Pie and OG kush, very popular on the street. here some buds from the exact pound that sold for 4k, my buddy bought 3lb and sold out at 300 a zip within a week...luckily i got a jar on the house....i also saw some nice triple threats move for 38 a pop, some kind of purple/bubba/sour cross apparently...i get 3-32 for my OG kush but all my random green strains barely move at 160 an OZ...
picture.php

just checked b-trader for prices and good sour D, OG kush selling as high as 300 on a breakdown...3200 a LB pretty standard for the good strains. purple for 26-28....random green strains as low as 22....theres an add on b-trader for some blackberry kush very similar to mine selling for 32 a pop for a 3 pack in santa cruz.

dagnabit i dont know how the hell they are shiping it for 2500, its probably mid grade indoors. whoever is doing that is jewing themselves out of more profit....
'

i dont do any of the buying LBs/ breaking down BS, but i got a bunch of friends who do so i usually see prices and trends...

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
bro:
we may disagree on about EVERYTHING but FFS i know the difference between mids and top shelf...

Last edited:

kifmaster

Trust me hydrosun, we are on the same page. I've been in every position in the business, from smoker, to retailer, to broker, to transporter, to grower.

Never said anything about greed (boy do you like to jump the gun), a broker only makes $100 bones a pack bc they aren't taking a major risk as long as they know both parties.

No matter how good you are, a transporter is taking the bulk of the risk and therefore should be compensated well (even more risk than a grower IMO given they take security serious, more packs get caught on the road than at a grow house)

My point was to clarify that a broker doesn't necessarily have anything to do with transport.

I know quite a few brokers who have never left the state with work. They dont drive with weight and they dont invest capital. They simply connect out of town buyers with in-town suppliers.

The people funding the trips are the ones making the real coin, if you are putting up money for serious weight, you aren't doing it to feed everyone else, you are doing it bc the financial leverage gives you nice ROI.

I could have told you from personal experience and from friends experiences what brokers take and what TP guys take, but it wouldnt matter, everyone is gonna have a different situation. Transport isn't as standard as local prices are, I would rather pay 500 a unit to someone trustworthy who knows their game, than pay 100 a unit to someone with huge balls and no brain.

No hard feelings, just don't hate on Kifmaster (btw i need a new username i registered that when I was lurking and i think people assume NOOB)

If as you say you meant nothing by your first post, but to correct the terms, lexicon, or vernacular used in this thread; why didn't you explain to us the difference between a broker and trafficker's rate of compensation or % of final consumer price?

The term you chose to use is one CREATED by the opposition to label honest people as criminals.

You imparted no wisdom or enlightenment when you said that transporters and brokers are different. You claimed a transporter makes 2 to 3x a broker, and I took this to be a shot at transporters as GREEDY. I've about lost my mind confronting the GREED argument, but that doesn't excuse me being uncivil.

I don't mean to lash out at you for no reason. I am sorry that I took your term trafficker in such an offended manner. I should not be so thin skinned and I should seek to reach a common vocabulary. Transporter seems a fine enough term, grower, smoker, consumer, distributer, broker, etc. These are all fine and good.

Trafficker, Dealer, Manufacturer of Marijuana, Smuggler, Pusher, Launderer, etc. are all terms created by the PIGS.

I'm done speaking the pigs language.

So I took your transporters make 2 or 3x more than brokers to mean that transporters are bad. Now I understand that you just meant to add that there are more players than growers, brokers, supplier, and smoker. There is also a transporter in many cases and the transporters get paid.

I have nothing in my heart but love for transporters because of them people in every part of the country can smoke, DESPITE the fucking federal government. We can't just OverGrow we also have to OverSupply the world.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
No need or reason to hate you are the wiser and more reasonable man. I jumped to an uncivil conclusion based on my circumstances.

Economics work in ALL aspects of the universe just like physics. It is not greed or magic that allows a transporter to receive 2x a broker, it is instead the Value the transporter adds.

Long live all of us in the game!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
bro:
we may disagree on about EVERYTHING but FFS i know the difference between mids and top shelf...

so you are getting what i pictured for 4k for 2500? i highly doubt its "real" top shelf, 9 week buds with glasshouse frost.

i know what those packs look like, they have nice thrichome production and a decent smell...i recently bought a bunch of indoor blackberry kush with good frost that would probably sell for 50 an 8th in most dispensaries...got those for 2k a pop.....if a grower out here has something like that he could send out for 2500 so decent profit but hes jewing himself because they are easy 3s..

no way you are getting topshelf OG kush or Sour for 2500 shipped...if so post pics..and those growers must be pretty desperate.

kifmaster

I wish i was getting top shelf sour or og or chem for 25 local, cash in hand!

Im sure people are sending out decent indoor packs for 25 just bc of surplus, but why would you send it outta town risk getting it snagged / popped instead of taking it to socal and getting 32 easily from a club.

yes4prop215 knows what it is. Tossing the "top shelf" classification out too loosely. Shit half of the dispensaries in cali don't even carry true top shelf trees. Its like going to a bar asking for a top shelf vodka and getting smirnoff, its not bad but its not on par with grey goose or ketel one.

so you are getting what i pictured for 4k for 2500? i highly doubt its "real" top shelf, 9 week buds with glasshouse frost.

i know what those packs look like, they have nice thrichome production and a decent smell...i recently bought a bunch of indoor blackberry kush with good frost that would probably sell for 50 an 8th in most dispensaries...got those for 2k a pop.....if a grower out here has something like that he could send out for 2500 so decent profit but hes jewing himself because they are easy 3s..

no way you are getting topshelf OG kush or Sour for 2500 shipped...if so post pics..and those growers must be pretty desperate.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
It's belvedere.....
Like I said I would NEVER receive illegal merchandise through the mail!!
But if I did it may be so cheap because I would send my cash up front.
Or maybe because when the bills are due I could be counted upon to send the loot to pay them.
It could be because it's just a family rate(if the hypothetical were actual)
It could be it's just easier than coming down off the mountain and dealing with know it all fuckheads.
Who knows why imaginary people do the imaginary things they do.
Maybe I have been on this board for so long and can't tell the difference 'tween brick and top shelf?

Latest posts

Latest posts