What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

G

Growdsix

ya... I am back.

ya... I am back.

If the "mmj dispensary" treated it as a farmers market and had a set fee per day/week/month for a spot to "share" your wares... Whatever you want to call it ;) LOL

Could also have a monthly MMJ cup... The top of the list get the best spots in the place... And... You know what happens to the rest :tiphat:
last fri..registered at a coop in socal...walked into the back..and saw plants almost ready for harvest..they even had the local sheriffs that checked the crop and were following the attorney generals guildlines to the letter...they dont buy any outside meds..everything is tested..and taxes paid. oh and it starts at 5 a g.:wave:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
last fri..registered at a coop in socal...walked into the back..and saw plants almost ready for harvest..they even had the local sheriffs that checked the crop and were following the attorney generals guildlines to the letter...they dont buy any outside meds..everything is tested..and taxes paid. oh and it starts at 5 a g.:wave:

At 5 a gram, and paying for the sheriff, following the NOW governors guidelines these guys have to be growing some really bunk genetics by the ton.

However the fact that some D's do have $140oz at retail is further evidence of price decline.

:joint:

D

decarboxylator

At 5 a gram, and paying for the sheriff, following the NOW governors guidelines these guys have to be growing some really bunk genetics by the ton.

However the fact that some D's do have $140oz at retail is further evidence of price decline.

the d's are getting their own warehouse grows set up. This is fact. That is where the less expensive herb comes from, according to the dispensary owners I talk to.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
the d's are getting their own warehouse grows set up. This is fact. That is where the less expensive herb comes from, according to the dispensary owners I talk to.

Well all I know is the law of supply and demand says that the $5grm stuff has to be bunk, else it would fly off the shelf and be traded on the street and between friends.

I've said many times that I was paying $400 for good OZs in 1999 when gas was $0.999, now gas is $3.999 and I can find great stuff that goes for less than $400 but no one is smoking top shelf for $150 (unless they are growing it ;) ).

D

decarboxylator

Well all I know is the law of supply and demand says that the $5grm stuff has to be bunk, else it would fly off the shelf and be traded on the street and between friends.

I've said many times that I was paying $400 for good OZs in 1999 when gas was $0.999, now gas is $3.999 and I can find great stuff that goes for less than $400 but no one is smoking top shelf for $150 (unless they are growing it ;) ).

I have yet to see anything worth smoking from the dispensary warehouses. But I'm a pot snob vatican hashshashin...
:friends:

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The bottom has dropped out of the market and it was inevitable. It is totally supply and demand and everyone grows it. That makes a flooded market and the demand is out the door. Good growers are prolific. It's not coming back. People benefit from it and it should be cheap.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
its not gonna stop either...more and more people trying to start their own grows...i know multi millionaire pot smokers who wanna get in it too...everybody has a few lights going or even a few plants on their windowsill....unless they pass some new regulations or laws and start a dispensary crack down we might see 1k outdoors and 2k indoors for 2011...ADAPT OR DIE....and grow better pot so i dont have to lowball you....im at the point now where unless it blows my mind away im not paying more than 2k per # because you cant make no money on it....kids barely paying 200 an OZ for indoor fire so how the FUCK can you try to charge 3k per #...get the fuck outtta here! if kids are only paying 200 per zone on the breakdown that means the wholesales gotta be 2 per # to the first broker..

saw some nice CHem4 and Jack yesterday that i would have paid 32 for in 2009 when you could stil get 250 per zone, but at 28 per # i had to tell both guys they are smoking angel dust because noone can make any money at that price.....if you want black market cash gotta drop the ticket or go find a club or break it down yourself buddy.

bluekush

I don't know about you guys but prices have been much better this the price of outdoor is about 300 more a unit than this time last year yes everyone needs to adapt the sky is far from falling the only people I know that are having trouble have avg- to bunk product and for indoor 2900-3200 seems to be the norm for good stuff if your telling me you can't do it on that then it time to get out the game. I don't know if anyone remembers the 80's with flood of mexican everyone that it was over then too but superior product will always be in demand till the donks get weeded out.

doublejj

Veteran
All of my extra meds go to delivery services in bay area. They only deal with AAA+ meds. I have been asking 2500 for many years & they have a standing order for any of my extra meds. This has not changed for years.
They show me product from other growers & the game has gotten tougher. If your growing top shelf stuff, & not trying to make 4000 per, you'll be fine. I have had crops that I would not take to them, I didn't want to dilute my brand.

peace
doublejj

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
If one knows what the are doing and have a constant quality, they can get 4k to 4500 a lb easy, even in Cali...

haha, no.

there are a few clubs in socal still paying 4+ for packs...know this for a fact. really rare though....most clubs in SF bay only offering 32 tops for the best..

ya 32 is the most I'm seeing dispos pay now, usually more like 3 tho even for fire.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
The bottom has dropped out of the market and it was inevitable. It is totally supply and demand and everyone grows it. That makes a flooded market and the demand is out the door. Good growers are prolific. It's not coming back. People benefit from it and it should be cheap.

Most things that people benefit from aren't cheap, they are hard earned.

The things that SHOULD be in this world rarely are, ie. we should all be free to grow as we see fit without interference from others.

Here is to one day seeing all that SHOULD actually BE.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
People think just because you own a Hydro store you know about using the equipment.

People think just because you run a dispensary you know about weed.

People get into business to make money. They see a profit margin, they attack it. Not necessarily knowing shit about diddly squat.

Dispensary owners probably bought stuff for $4k + several times only to find out it was really bunk in the eyes of the customers.

Knowing good weed isn't easy for everybody. I remember people used to just ask "is it green? Or is it brown?" and "does it have a lot of seeds and sticks?" and "is it sticky?"

No one ever asks how many trichomes are cloudy, clear, amber

Latest posts

Latest posts