What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

designer

To the OP; we are in a depression. The worst economic times the country has ever seen.

You want your $10 lid back? Elect Obama for a 2nd term.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
haterade_gorilla2.jpg

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think according to the article what most growers are failing in is consistency, marketing and sales. Lots of people can grow, but not everyone can do business as well. I am in a fairly new market and I know growers that have no clue what to do when its ready. If it isn't selling or they are not getting the price they want they are freaking out.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
The price, if it had never been made illegal to begin with, would be about four dollars per pound. Like a vegetable.

The difference between $4 and $4000 is kept in place by putting thousands of people in jail. Even killing some.

It's blood money.

Perhaps but the expense to grow INDOOR is well more than 20x and as high as 40x that $4 figure. Ask a Cali indoor grower if he is producing Lbs for less than $160 in elec. let alone nutes, equipment, packaging / handling?

My real point is that even IF fully legal in the future, the costs faced by most growers currently is well in excess of $160 an lb or $10 an oz.

So unless you expect power companies, local governments, equipment vendors and other to take huge cuts there can never be $4lbs because the cots to produce an LB is already well greater than that IRRESPECTIVE of the legal status of this plant.

The sad take away is that AMAZING indoor hydro may become as rare as indoor tomatoes. Funny further is the outdoor crop is the only reason for this recent crash in CA wholesale prices. Amazing genetics done well outdoor in CA rival or beat poor CA indoor and the costs per lb are WAY less for outdoor.

The market will go where it will. But if fully legalized indoor can never be less than the input costs of production.

:joint:

Last edited:
S

stickey fingers

Mexi purple kush

Mexi purple kush

#1 imported drug into the US is cannabis ...at least from Mexico, if the numbers and the
people are right, then cannabis is the drug tied right to the blood WAR in MEXICO and the
bordering US. Mexican cartels are now growing comerical quality indoor and smugleing into
US, go figure its about time they put all the Oaksterdam cuts to use:D: phroabition needs to end everybody deserves Cannabis:)
RIP DR JAY

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
only people getting lowballed are those with crap....i know cats growing indoors that barely even get outdoor prices because it sucks these guys run 40k warehouses and set everything on timers and barely put in any work, fuck those guys...heard a grower recently say "i dont care about weed i just do for living" when he saw how good our Kush loked compared to his uncured premo grapes...haha buddy thats why you are getting lowballed.

4 dollars a LB is the biggest load of crap ive heard....really hate people who think weed is gonna become worthless overnight due to legalization. did you forget the only reason the government would legalize it is to MAKE MONEY and they sure as shit are gonna tax way more than 4 dollars a LB....try 10% an LB in the current med market or 50 dollars an OZ...so if you sell an LB for 3k you gotta pay 300+ in taxes....and the government still wants more!! 4 dollars a LB hahaha...yeah maybe for outdoor guerilla weed what we call jungle packs or surenos sativa...

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
If one knows what the are doing and have a constant quality, they can get 4k to 4500 a lb easy, even in Cali...

Yeah this is the website of those who know, and AAA+, Top Shelf, Fire can't get that in CA anymore. Just saying, don't care to see it higher only better high. So price is falling in CA even for the best of the best.

The silver lining is there is more AAA+ than CA can use so the rest of the world sees it now.

EastFortRock

The price, if it had never been made illegal to begin with, would be about four dollars per pound. Like a vegetable.

The difference between $4 and $4000 is kept in place by putting thousands of people in jail. Even killing some.

It's blood money.
This is true!

EastFortRock

It's blood money.
He said if it had NEVER been made illegal. If it had never been made illegal ,no one , except for maybe people in harsh climates would grow it indoor. Most herbs don't produce as much weight as cannabis and look at the prices other herbs. I can't get a couple pounds off one of my outdoor basil plants. I am glad that the price of weed meens nothing to me.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Thank you for your acknowledgement, and I said it would be as rare as indoor tomatoes. But the fact remains that indoor hydro AAA+ is the shit, as good as many products humans prize.

I don't buy indoor produce, but all my beer, wine, and spirits are refined and packaged indoors.

Nothing wrong with top class cannabis being treated with special care.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
there are a few clubs in socal still paying 4+ for packs...know this for a fact. really rare though....most clubs in SF bay only offering 32 tops for the best..

Rainmaker

Here in the Heart of Mendocino County....the days of 3k + wholesale indoor have come to an end. Large packs move @ mid-high 2's in my neck of the woods. It's all in who you know and where it's going.

The competent growers will adapt to keep the margins high and stay in business. As prices continue to fall, you must conversely decrease overhead to sustain the profits one desires. Those that fail to do so, are getting squeezed out of the game. Avenues for distribution are narrowing, so marketing schemes and creating niches has become a necessity to keep product moving in a saturated market.

I believe that there are checks and balances in place that will keep the Cannabis market profitable for years to come....short of national legalization...which would allow big business to move in. With the current federal agenda on MMJ...it doesn't look like this will happen any time soon.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Dont get rubbed the wrong way..but most of you who say 4K per Elbow isnt going down in Cali just dont have the Quality...Str8 up...your IDEA of BOMB just isnt that Bomb....

I've seen 10 packs in recent weeks fly off the handles of just str8 insane Lemony OG grown perfect....

So either Sharpen your skillz up...which I'm assuming thats the problem...or find better genetics...your being lazy growing clones..you need something better...pop mad seeds and find some Niche shit ....

Plain and simple your idea of a 10 just isnt a 10...the reaction on peoples faces when you show them amazing dank...just blows them away...and there is minimal barganing as they know the stuff is legit...Head and shoulders above all the other crap