What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

I'm still convinced that over 90 percent of the dealers, buyers, growers and smokers who fancy themselves weed connoisseurs are merely falling victim to their psuedo intellectual tendencies, and wouldn't know the difference between a wide variety of lineage in a blind smoke test.

I think it's all marketing. I think you can tweak any strain to milk a slightly different appearance and call it something new and subsequently increase your dollar by 30 to 40 percent.

I've been wrong before. It's just my opinion, in dealing with the clubs and a few known brokers in Norcal, that a huge majority of the people who are not just smokers but deep in the game don't have the slightest clue wtf they are talking about, and are just faking it..

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
^ This!

Is all true. Most brokers don't know what good weed is, and the ones that do will insult good weed so they can try and get you to drop their price so they can make 3-5 points per pack.

Fucking insulting, I have kicked several out of my house and told em to go find stupid people to fuck, cuz I ain't puttin out.

Hippie420

Honestly herb not selling is a good thing mean people are growing it themselves... I'd rather see a community self reliant rather than a bunch of drug dealer getting rich under the guise of a co-op Cali makes the rest of the medical world look terrible IMHO...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Honestly herb not selling is a good thing mean people are growing it themselves... I'd rather see a community self reliant rather than a bunch of drug dealer getting rich under the guise of a co-op Cali makes the rest of the medical world look terrible IMHO...

you gotta realize bro some people are too sick/lazy/stupid/enter any other fitting term here, to grow their own.

I dont know a single person that would be willing to paint a house without expecting something in return whether it be cash or a trade of something that may be useful to the one completing the work, apply the analogy of painting a house to growing herb it takes a lot of time/money/stress/ and we put our necks on the line every minute of everyday the cops dont give a shit if it's christmas they'll still kick your door in and shoot your dogs without hesitation...

why is it that a co-op isn't allowed to make profit while the pharmaceutical industry is one of the MOST PROFITABLE industries in the entire world? how does that make any sense? marijuana is a medicine for people whether they just use it to unwind at the end of the day or to ease the nausea brought on by chemo and if you aren't able to produce it yourself you must provide some form of compensation for the cost of production as well as the time of the grower(after all of the stress, hydro store runs, getting rid of product, etc.) it is easily a full time job and it's not too much to ask to make 4-6k monthly before overhead...you got shit twisted if you think that everyone that's in the game is rollin around on 26" rims waving around stacks of cash man it aint like that...most of us are just lucky to pay our bills and get by...shit I work two different legit jobs on top of my room just to have a little extra, I'm sick and tired of people expecting others hard work to be handed over to them for nothing....the sweat off my brow isn't free.

I'm sure you didn't grow the first doobie you ever smoked man, if it werent for "drug dealers" cannabis would not be accessible to the masses and it's benefits to society would be lost forever

and on that note: not a bad 1,000th post for me ;)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Maybe I have been on this board for so long and can't tell the difference 'tween brick and top shelf?

i didnt say brickpack...i said normal indoor mid-high quality compared to TRUE TOP SHELF.....

true 20%+THC top shelf is still fetching 3k in california even up to the mountains...theres tons of regular indoor of still heady quality (around 15%) ) that is going for 2-26 and thats whats getting put in boxes....

WELL SAID WHADEEEZLRG.....cant believe some of these guys who think weed should be free and that everyone wants to grow it....growing weed sucks, most of my friends who tried to grow quit, it takes daily dedication and a fair share of investment...not everyone has 1k to go dump into a small grow. hippie you need to rethink your mindset, without the commercial growers, transporters, and drug dealers most people wouldnt even be able to experiance MJ....

go give your "grown on the side of the freeway" ditch weed away for free if you want....or shit go out and spend a couple grand on a grow and give it all away for free be my guest if you want to waste your time and money to let others benefit and make money off you......bet money you give someone a free OZ they are gonna try to sell half of it to pay some bills..

ODTreez

Damn, you people in CA complaining about paying more than 32 a pack are seriously buggin. Personally, if i lived in CA i would move packs east all day and double up allllll day. Over here i see packs go for 45-48 all day, of a quality that would be sub-par out west. Advice for you west coasters, bring your product east, even if you gotta do it yourself and capitalize on this opportunity before its too late (legalization). TOP SHELF CA nuggs would easily go for 6-64 in NYC. 5k in CT. 48 in PA. QUALITY PRODUCT LITERALLY IS GOLD ON THE EAST COAST RIGHT NOW.

Rainmaker

Ahhh ODT....sounds like you got it all figured out. If so....come and get it...homeboy. Point A to point B....there are a few details to figure out in-between. Once you do...let me know...i'll be sittin' here on my front porch waiting for ya. Nothing is ever as easy as it seems my friend.

Transportation is a profession out here....it's no joke. There are so many naive fools that just pack up the trunk and go on there way....soon to be popped in Kansas..Oklahoma..Nebraska..take your pick. Interstate highways through the Plains and Midwest are poaching grounds for Troopers. I have known countless peeps that this has happened to....and the domino effect from it can be devastating to them and their entire crew.

Wholesale....that's what were talking about...correct? These kind of ops have tractor trailers that are already on established routes that are loaded with cargo. When the true gangsters come into town they can dictate the wholesale prices because they come with cash and clear out crops. I will gladly get cashed out on my entire rip and take a couple points less, so that I don't have to deal with the bullshit and get to my next run. Sittin' on cash is better than sittin' on grass....if you ask me.

Focus on what you do and do it well.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the last thing we need is the east coast market getting flooded beyond belief...that would crash prices in california as well...

trust me....dont flood what you got, i remember when california was still pretty dry, everyone was like "im gonna come through and flood the market with 2k packs.."

well look what happened...people got 2k packs and now want that all year...and indoors fell 1k per pack....keep shit dry and keep em paying 45, sounds cruel but thats how business works.....standard supply/demand and when supply is too high you gotta bottleneck the market and let em off in drips not floods...

i will say that shits looking pretty dry right now even here in the bay area CA...luckily i source from all over northern california but the guys who only fuck with san francisco or oakland are desperate right now.....never seen my middlemen guys so busy, 5 packs flying left and right for prices 300-400 higher than normal....i seriously cant believe that people are paying what they are but its moving...

driving cross country with 50#s......thats not for me. props to whoever has the balls to do that...i have ideas about how to but im not willing to risk 10 years of my life to drive a load....

So right now, it seems it's still way easier to make it in this game in California than in Colorado. Seems prices are going for 30-40 percent higher. Weird.

Granted, yes, electricity is cheaper in Colorado. But not by that much.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you gotta realize bro some people are too sick/lazy/stupid/enter any other fitting term here, to grow their own.

I dont know a single person that would be willing to paint a house without expecting something in return whether it be cash or a trade of something that may be useful to the one completing the work, apply the analogy of painting a house to growing herb it takes a lot of time/money/stress/ and we put our necks on the line every minute of everyday the cops dont give a shit if it's christmas they'll still kick your door in and shoot your dogs without hesitation...

why is it that a co-op isn't allowed to make profit while the pharmaceutical industry is one of the MOST PROFITABLE industries in the entire world? how does that make any sense? marijuana is a medicine for people whether they just use it to unwind at the end of the day or to ease the nausea brought on by chemo and if you aren't able to produce it yourself you must provide some form of compensation for the cost of production as well as the time of the grower(after all of the stress, hydro store runs, getting rid of product, etc.) it is easily a full time job and it's not too much to ask to make 4-6k monthly before overhead...you got shit twisted if you think that everyone that's in the game is rollin around on 26" rims waving around stacks of cash man it aint like that...most of us are just lucky to pay our bills and get by...shit I work two different legit jobs on top of my room just to have a little extra, I'm sick and tired of people expecting others hard work to be handed over to them for nothing....the sweat off my brow isn't free.

I'm sure you didn't grow the first doobie you ever smoked man, if it werent for "drug dealers" cannabis would not be accessible to the masses and it's benefits to society would be lost forever

and on that note: not a bad 1,000th post for me ;)

damn straight.

Rainmaker

Hey 215....I work with a few clubs in the Bay....and they don't pay any more than the guys off the street taking packs interstate. In fact...they low-ball the hell out of ya. I have been flat out insulted by a few and walked out furious. The big players are the ones who drive the market....they will get their price-point. If I don't off my packs..they go to next person in line..and down the line. That is how things are working at the source these days...i'm sorry to say. Ain't no drought goin' on in my neck o' da woods.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
what strains are you working with and is the quality top notch....i didnt say it was a full on drought, just kinda dry right now in certain zip codes....still plenty of flooded zip codes if you want to do some travelling. and only dry for TRUE TOP SHELF...that term gets tossed around too loosely most bud i see that the grower claims is top shelf simply isnt, its good but in california good doesnt cut it, it has to be LOUD..

i know several clubs that will pay 3k+ for true top shelf OG kush, Bubba Kush, shit like that...i know brokers on the street who will pay 3k for sours, kush, etc too....just got 3k cash for my SFV that didnt even come out as good as i wanted, broker says hes taking it direct to club in San Fran for 34...

and the same clubs want to pay 1k for mid grade outdoor too....they gotta fill their 25 an 8th custies as well..but every club is down to pay fair price for the truely top shelf loud in your face shit, because they can sit back and wax 60 an 8th all day for it..

but their main money comes from lowballing people down to 2k, 2200...for mid-high grade indoors...because it all ends up at 50-60 an 8th..

if you are selling your high grade indoor Sour D for 22 a lb DONT....send me a PM first lol.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I been able to donate for 900 a qp and 16 a half so far.... Much lower than Florida but not by much.... 800 and they usually take it

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
In Florida I was wholesaling 20+ lbs for minimum 34 each to 38 for the finest got cash the same day and all of it... Lol California way differet... One trick is never give samples and always stay on top all the best to everyone that's having a hard time all the beat

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Still waitng for a pic thats calls for 4k an elbow...so far...all i have seen is sub par dank...

Do you guys even know what top top top notch shit look like? I'll give you a hint...there are so many trichomes that when you break a nug up...it sticks to your hand and the aroma just takes over the whole room....followed up a ice pick to your lungs upon inhaling...

Not this candy coated crap thats colorful and taste yummy...but that shit that makes your forhead sweat and paranoia kicks in right away...thats the bomb...if you have that shit you dictate the whole market...the big boys doing 50 lbs+ are growing crap...nothing close to real dank..real bomb which is less then a 2% of the market is too easy to unload...problem again is everyones idea of a 10 is different...bottom line if it makes you want to die from one bowl...then thats going to be your flagship and take nothing less then 3800 for it because the clubs will 10000000% sell it for 50-60 an 1/8th..... Most clones that people are willing to let out at the clubs are not 10's....real 10's never make it to the clone vendors...they stay in our grows and if lucky might see a bro or 2.... grow from seed..find a true jem ...and market your product to real smokers and not broke ass smokers....

I have had my highs and lows as far as getting ripped off on prices...end of the day....grow OG Kush and thats your best chance at getting full price....but you have to let it go full term 9-10 weeks....guys growing OG and pulling them early then getting like 2800 for an lbs complaining ...its like dude..let the plant finish and you'll get paid...if you want to chop early...then you wont get paid in full....alright back the bong for some more Larry :)

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
If you grow top quality Headband, OG Kush, Or GDP you will have people waiting for the buds before they are harvested,
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It just has to be the best around. If You grow it, they will come!

Still waitng for a pic thats calls for 4k an elbow...so far...all i have seen is sub par dank...

Storm Shadow, you are killing me dude. Those that have the best rarely need to show it because they are 300% over subscribed. As Dr. Purpur said if you game is straight it is spoken for before it is half way through flower and then people are fighting with each other to pick it up first (wet if necessary).

What you believe is top shelf and what you think top shelf should go for is irrelevant to a huge market. The market will tell you what top shelf goes for, and if some clowns pay top shelf price for lower quality that should be no skin off your nose, just means you should get even more for your top shelf.

:joint:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I pass on paranoia bud.

What I do like is when my organic grown buds put me temporarily out of my body or something. Freezes you in place and even though your eyes are wide open, you only see what is in your dream. Im going to set up a movie cam on myself to see what happens and for how long when im gone in a headrush.

It has to be a top clone of dog family (sour Diesel, OG Kush, or Headband) grown 100% correct, smoked through a clean iced bong. My kids scold me when I do that. They are worried that I might have a stroke and die on the spot.

No I pass on paranoia bud. I dont care for it. I like the rush. I like being absolutely gone for a minute or so, to the point that you dont know what you are, let alone who you are.

Only top shelf can do that. I should know. Ive been smoking weed for 42 years, and growing for 40.

DP