What's new

Who makes the best portable vaporizer and why?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Statistics show that a dirty peeectue is worth 999.996235 thousand words?

Muleskinner

Veteran
we're talking dry-herb vapes? I have not found one that can match the vapor quality of Volcano - I'm using a Venus Apollo, just checked, looks like it's discontinued. Too bad! I don't like the S&B portables or the various knock-offs because they all use plastic. Apollo had an all-glass vapor path and a huge chamber.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
we're talking dry-herb vapes? I have not found one that can match the vapor quality of Volcano - I'm using a Venus Apollo, just checked, looks like it's discontinued. Too bad! I don't like the S&B portables or the various knock-offs because they all use plastic. Apollo had an all-glass vapor path and a huge chamber.
I am a proud volcano owner for 10+ years and it is fantastic desktop vape. I also owned a Mighty for 5 of those years, and while I get what you are saying about plastic, I found I used the Mighty more than the volcano for the convenience. The vapor was almost as good as the Volcano, really could not tell them apart in terms of high.

I have used the TinyMight for a while now and that is a a hard hitting portable. Different to the volcano, but it hits hard, and I think the effect you get is as good as a S&B vape, and it has a glass stem. Flavour is superb too. Quality built vape.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I’m on the lookout for the TinyMight. I’ve got a desktop model as well, but need some added ease of use.
There's an upgrade version of the TinyMight coming out very soon so you might want to make sure you get that one. If I had known I would have waited, but still very happy with what I have got.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
There's an upgrade version of the TinyMight coming out very soon so you might want to make sure you get that one. If I had known I would have waited, but still very happy with what I have got.

Thanks for that. Any idea timing of release?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Thanks for that. Any idea timing of release?
There's a thread about the TinyMight on Fuckcombustion where it was discussed but I haven't been there is a while. I thought someone said February but I'm not certain. Probably worth emailing TinyMight to be sure.

Brother Nature

I got a Pax 2 a few years back and I quite liked it, but I smoke a lot and haven't found a dry-herb vape that actually satisfies my needs. That was until I bit the bullet and got a Volcano Hybrid, it's the best thing I've smoked out of ever. Haven't had the other portable offerings from Storz and Bickle, but if the quality is anything like the Volcano, it's worth every penny. I also quite liked the magic flight launch box, for a small portable vape when you're out in the middle of nowhere and want a small puff.

Muleskinner

Veteran
I am a proud volcano owner for 10+ years and it is fantastic desktop vape. I also owned a Mighty for 5 of those years, and while I get what you are saying about plastic, I found I used the Mighty more than the volcano for the convenience. The vapor was almost as good as the Volcano, really could not tell them apart in terms of high.

I have used the TinyMight for a while now and that is a a hard hitting portable. Different to the volcano, but it hits hard, and I think the effect you get is as good as a S&B vape, and it has a glass stem. Flavour is superb too. Quality built vape.

The Volcano portables are alright, I used one for years & it was OK. Cleaning was a pain the ass - much easier w/ the Apollo. There are good knockoffs of the S&B portables out there now if you want to spend less - a friend of mine uses the "Utilian" vapes and loves them, she says the flavor is really good.

I too am a huge fan of those Volcano balloons - especially with the solid valve set, HIGHLY recommend spending the extra cash for the solid valve system - the disposable EZ valve system sucks IMO, the taste of the vapor is not as good, and it's not as efficient with the herb either. I've got a big camera case that holds the Volcano and a 120V inverter for the car, so it's not unusual to see me in a parking lot somewhere blowing ballons before a hike or something.

I like the Arizer Solo as well - it's good, but the chamber is small, and it draws really hard - you have to inhale super-hard to get any flow through it. Solo is very easy to clean though.

grayeyes

I am sure what you are calling "portable" is not something you want a cop to see sitting on the passenger seat when and if he stops you.

My Vivant VLeaf I can put in my pocket, has 5 temp settings and cost less than $50.

BuckeyeGreen

The cheapest way you can go to protect your lungs is using a cigarette filter. When I was a po boy and I couldn’t afford a vaporizer, I knew I needed to do something because smoking is hard on your lungs and everybody knows that. I did splurge on cheap cigars back then and I saw these Zig Zip King Size CIGARETTE FILTER TUBES on shelves in my tobacco shop along with other tube brands. The shop also sold batches of cigarette tobacco for people who needed to roll their because cigarettes became too expensive to buy.

I saw the filters and thought that might help a little with lung and throat irritation. It does help quite a bit and I didn’t notice that it filtered out too much that it affected the high. It helped a great deal with the irritation issues. Yeah you are still inhaling smoke which is going to be bad for you regardless but this does help and makes the smoking experience more enjoyable for me. I still do this when I crave that smoking experience. Very cheap to use. I bought this box a few years ago and still have a bunch left. It is effective.

Attachments

• 99966BFA-FA7D-476A-8F98-4F90233CF69D.jpeg
    99966BFA-FA7D-476A-8F98-4F90233CF69D.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Latest posts