What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who love's cats?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:slowly raises hand:

I currently am living with four, with a fifth on the way.

2 are mine, 2 are mom's, and the incoming one belongs to my mom's cousin who is also coming to live with us.

Yes, I am a 47 year old straight man and live with my mom. The cats are what I call my "crazy cat lady starter kit".

My dad past away a couple years ago and I don't like the thought of her living by herself. She's not in the greatest shape medically, and neither is her cousin. Which is why she is also coming here to live. I don't particularly care for the situation. But it's the hand I've been dealt.

St. Phatty

My beautiful Black Cat is limping, holding up his front left paw.

He went from being Mighty Hunter, to being dependent on my feeding.

Got 4 traps set out, 2 big 2 small traps.

He is very smart about traps. Him and a small newcomer cat are just too good at stealing food from the traps. Would love to get a picture of them doing just that.

joyknights

I have two cats at home, Snow and Pumpkin, and a playful Pomeranian named Copper. Both of them kinda hate my dog because Copper tends to bully both of them and create a necessary fight. I am thinking of getting a kittywalk but I am not that sure whether these ladies will prefer to stay in the backyard for some time. Do you have any ideas on how to create a boundary between these three?

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Here is my Kitty

Here is my Kitty

This was around 2006. He's 18 now and not quite as curious, but still doing all the normal cat things and making me smile everyday. He was always smart, trainable and in a lot of ways almost dog like. His one downfall is that given unlimited food, I believe he would have eaten himself to death at a young age.

We've had a routine for years. An hour before the appointed feeding time, he stalks me like prey. About 5 minutes before time he starts yowling - the timing is incredible, you could almost set a watch by it.

Limiting portions and multiple feedings every day have kept him healthy and happy all these years. From a very young age he understood what he was allowed up on and what was forbidden.

Gonna miss him when he passes, hope it's gonna be awhile yet. Dw insists we'll get another cat when he's gone, but I'm not sure there's a cat on earth that could take his place.

The bird in this pic was a rescue, hands down the meanest fucking cockatiel I ever saw. Every time DW tried to handle him, he made her bleed. So I named him Jaws. I took over duties and while he didn't get me every time, he got me enough that when she said she wanted to rehome him I was all for it.

I'll dig around and see if I can pull a more recent pic off my phone.

picture.php

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is my good buddy

This is my good buddy

This is my good buddy.. his name is Buddy Nugget, he's just about 5 months old now

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I have two cats at home, Snow and Pumpkin, and a playful Pomeranian named Copper. Both of them kinda hate my dog because Copper tends to bully both of them and create a necessary fight. I am thinking of getting a kittywalk but I am not that sure whether these ladies will prefer to stay in the backyard for some time. Do you have any ideas on how to create a boundary between these three?

i've seen mixed homeowners (both dogs & cats, LOL!) put up what looked like crooked book shelves covered with carpet mounted on the walls, and a sleeping platform at top for the cat that needed to get away from it all...just make sure the Pom can't jump to the low end as well.:)

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
This one is the best cat I have ever had. He even sneaks a fan leaf when I check the grow room. He used to raise hell in his wild youth, but now he has mellowed out. I wonder if it is the MMJ he sneaks every morning?

St. Phatty

attachment.php

This is my Cannabis Cat, Pasta Man.

I bought a harness for him called a "Kitty Holster", for $30.

attachment.php

He was stealing food from the trap at age 4 weeks. And ages 5 weeks, 6 weeks, and 7 weeks.

Once I realized what I was dealing with - sort of a Genius Kitten, 2 of them actually - I REALLY wanted to meet them

Took about 4 weeks to trap them. One of them died earlier in the summer, possibly from the mountain lion, possibly from a psycho neighbor.

Pasta Man is also the sort of cat that can figure out how to open doors.

One of my less neighborly neighbors called me up on September 5 and told me, "I'm going to kill your cat."

Long story about the neighbor. Anyway I've been keeping Pasta Man inside.

Today I figured I would take him over to a neighbor's house, to meet the pigs.

But I didn't reckon on the dog. Pasta-man's claws came out and I was the one holding him. He also started urinating, and I kept holding him.

We walked back to my house, and I showed the neighbor my plants and gave him some gentle encouragement about his teeth.

Then I gave the neighbor a 2 gallon bag of Green Crack x Apollo 11. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_20181015_104122_+__.jpg
    IMG_20181015_104122_+__.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20181015_104127_+__.jpg
    IMG_20181015_104127_+__.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 19

Klompen

My beautiful Black Cat is limping, holding up his front left paw.

He went from being Mighty Hunter, to being dependent on my feeding.

Got 4 traps set out, 2 big 2 small traps.

He is very smart about traps. Him and a small newcomer cat are just too good at stealing food from the traps. Would love to get a picture of them doing just that.

Set up a drop-drap then. Its also very important to change the look of the trap regularly. If they learn what it looks like, they will avoid it.

Klompen

This one is the best cat I have ever had. He even sneaks a fan leaf when I check the grow room. He used to raise hell in his wild youth, but now he has mellowed out. I wonder if it is the MMJ he sneaks every morning?

We have these two ragdoll cats among our many kitties who will come running the instant they hear the sound of a lighter. They love blunts more than anything. One of them will grab both sides of my face with his claws and pull my mouth right up to his nose. I mean, he seriously could not be any more clear about wanting to smoke. We haven't been able to get herb for a little over a year now and I feel bad that they don't get it either. I wish I lived in a legal state so I could share all my kitties with you. They're quite a family.

paper thorn

Veteran
a few years ago when we bought our place here, we found out a cat came with the house. Previous owner had left it. Big beautiful black cat. i call him cat. It took over a year to get him to come close enough for me to touch him. Now, every night when I go out to the room, I have to sit on the back porch with this cat on my lap digging his claws into my leg.
I thin about how life was for him whe n he found himself alone. He had to hunt ALL of his food. He is a tough old cat, aloof and don't take no shit off the dog.
I feed him now, but he still shows up with a dove every now and then.
i just bring out the computer and watch YT vids while I pet him.

PIC 1

picture.php
picture.php

Here's Sunny, one of my 3 cats. He likes hanging around the grow/gardens and will occasionally munch on a super hot pepper.

St. Phatty

attachment.php

Lettuce, Cannabis, & Cat.

I don't think an adult cat can fit in a 2 gallon pot. So those are 3 gallon pots.

His fur is warmer when you touch him. Like he's been lying in the sun, but not quite that hot.

He squished the one pot of lettuce but he seems happy stopping there.

Attachments

• IMG_20190216_112806_+__cat.jpg
    IMG_20190216_112806_+__cat.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 17

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ you will get more light from the LED's if you take the bulb off, but you may want them on for some reason too, like not blinding your cat?

My cat loves to eat pot leaves and I think most do. I have to watch the seedlings as he has taken down a couple before.

St. Phatty

^ you will get more light from the LED's if you take the bulb off, but you may want them on for some reason too, like not blinding your cat?

My cat loves to eat pot leaves and I think most do. I have to watch the seedlings as he has taken down a couple before.

Thanks. Too much work, for now.

One of the pots has some lawn type grass growing. I was just watching the cat chewing on that yesterday.

The cats will pretty much grab any plant they want and chew on it. They are rough on Cannabis seedlings.

Also their favorite kitty litter mix is the 3 cubic foot soil mix I use as a soil component. It has a strong wood smell.

So I'm basically doomed with the plants. They all use that same soil mix - not much choice !!!

Anyway, I'm learning not to let the kitty litter pans sit dirty, I clean them IMMEDIATELY when I get up.

madson

View Image

Lettuce, Cannabis, & Cat.

I don't think an adult cat can fit in a 2 gallon pot. So those are 3 gallon pots.

His fur is warmer when you touch him. Like he's been lying in the sun, but not quite that hot.

He squished the one pot of lettuce but he seems happy stopping there.
:biggrin: haha nice. love cats, my little tiger is 15 years old now

Latest posts

Latest posts