What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who love's cats?

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Most people don't realise i,t but cats can be trained. It's not easy and takes much longer than training a dog. One of my cat's, Norman, on the command "UP!" would jump up and grap my outstreched arm, wrapping his front paws around my wrist (no claws out) and hang there for several seconds before dropping to the ground. Durring his best years i could hold my arm out level with my face, as he got older he would only jump to waist height. If i shouted "Bloody squirrels Norman", he was straight out of the cat flap and into the garden. He would, like most cats, sit in my chair when i vaccated it; I'd click my fingers and he would get out, i'd sit down and he'd jump on my knee.
To get the most out of cat's i've found you have to be bloody patient, start very young and give them lots of attention.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry about your feline friend, #1Cheese. Has to be rough knowing or surmising coyote got him....food chain. Darn!

Had cats until the last 5 years...Sage (long haired grey/green eyed) lived to be 22. Had others, too. Interesting little beings!

Now have a 10 y.o. rattle snake wrangler, coyote combatant, protector Barley, a dachshund/terrier mix Godsend.

calientecarlos

Veteran
Great lookin kitties oilguy n cheesebuds!!

Def love me some pussycatz!! I prefer getting them in two's. Last two have been pairs of brothers.

This is Tom he's 17 and we lost his bro Tim to cancer last July:( Would love to get more asap but don't want old guy to have to deal with lil rascalz..

picture.php

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
The cat that owns me and Mrs. G. is 7 years old now...

He loves to follow me to the hideout all summer and hang out and lie in the shade of my big pot plants while I do all the work.

I also have nice nature trails that I cut all thru about 5 acres of the woods behind my house..

He likes to go for walks with me back there too...

picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Here's my buddy:

picture.php

Can leap through hoops and also jumps on shoulders.

Likes chin rubs and skritches, a good boy.

midwestkid

Veteran
This is Speeder. My son named him that because he runs everywhere he is going. He is a super chill dude. He puts on an incredibly thick coat every winter. Then by summer he loses it in chunks and becomes matted. He is posing with a large flap of hair I had chopped off of him. Doing a trump impersonation. Reflecting on his last tweet.
This cat just showed up to the house one day. Sometimes the best pets pick you before you pick them.

picture.php

calientecarlos

Veteran
Hombre that's quite the catpack!!

MWkid that name and pose are hilar!! Super rad you were chosen!!

This thread frig rules!! Thx to all for sharing!!!

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
RIP to this absolute unit.

DW found him in a shelter as a katten, not quite a kitten, not quite yet a cat. Lived for 20+ years, was exquisitely trained for a cat, just a real pleasure to be around. At his peak he was 18 lbs and just a huge loverboy. Big on snuggles and belly rubs and at least once a week just losing his shit and freaking out over a bug or lizard.

He made me smile every day, and laugh my ass off about once a week. I miss him every day, wife is just gutted.

picture.php
picture.php

St. Phatty

I have 2 1/2 Cannabis Cats.

One is an indoor cat, one is a 5 year old Feral Cat that is the son of a Calico female that was so impressive she turned me from cat-blase into a total cat lover.

The 1/2 cannabis cat is small black cat, I suspect a female, that sneaks indoors and eats the indoor cat's food.

The picture is the 5 year old Feral Cat -

IMG_20211007_025112_feral.jpg

The other pic is the cat food they share. I am trying to wean them off store-bought kibble.
Giving them white rice (cause it's cheap), wheat bread (when it's cheap), and chopped up apples and peaches (which are free).
Then canned cat food on top of that.

IMG_20211014_012529===.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
my youngest is moving out in a few weeks, and taking MY cat! asshole. 😉 actually, the cat bonded with him just a few weeks after we "liberated" her as a half-starved feral in Virginia. but, i'm gonna be needing a cat. i'd like a kitten , but an older more thoughtful me says "go adopt from a shelter, and get the cat that has been there the longest. or two of them..." 😸😸

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
my youngest is moving out in a few weeks, and taking MY cat! asshole. 😉 actually, the cat bonded with him just a few weeks after we "liberated" her as a half-starved feral in Virginia. but, i'm gonna be needing a cat. i'd like a kitten , but an older more thoughtful me says "go adopt from a shelter, and get the cat that has been there the longest. or two of them..." 😸😸

Just kinda went through the same decision process (see post #214).

Didnt want to get another cat again right away but DW was hell bent on getting a little yappy dog sooooo I went to the shelters and bought home this little girl.

Highly recommend getting a kitten - -get one that shows interest in you, take your time and find the right one.

But let me tell you, ya wanna brighten up your life, get a kitten

591A2017.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts