What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

snakemanOG

My veg shelf is in the utility closet that get's really hot and dry, especially in the afternoon and evening. Those eggshells don't hold enough water and dry out really fast. I'm afraid I've lost a couple of seeds and seedlings because of that. If you ever try it make sure it is in the cooler months. I'm going to pot everything up to solo cups later tonight to make sure there aren't any more losses.

That sucks you lost some seedlings trying that, not a fun lesson to learn.

Thanks for the info, the temps in my veg closet fluctuate based on our local temps. It stays just warm enough in winter, but has great temps the rest of the year.

Hope you don't lose any more when you transplant. Getting ready to transplant a few here myself this weekend.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
7/26

picture.php

8/1

picture.php

8/9

picture.php

8/12

picture.php

Here are all the surviving seedlings as of tonight. The root aphids are still doing a number on them, despite the OG Biowar I gave them. Right now I'm must waiting on my orthene to get here so I can try the Orthene + Riptide combo to take care of them and also the girls in the crawlspace. The bhodi testers down there are doing alright so it seems. I know there has to be crawler down there in the soil with them though...

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
The bhodi testers as of last night. I took this picture just before trimming up the sucker branches, larf, and taking clones. I know a ways into flower now but I'm hoping that the cuttings will root. I took 2 of each plant so I have back ups in case I find any keepers.

picture.php

OGKB 2.0 on the right, 4 GlueBreaths on the left. Some are rougher looking than others but hopefully they'll all make it. The Gluebreaths are definitely quicker to root than the 2.0s.

picture.php

The poor seedlings. They are still alive for the most part but growth is essentially nonexistent in most of them. I hope to fuck my orthene comes in the mail today. I should have opted for the quicker shipping but I didn't think it was getting here by foot apparently.

picture.php

@Miles.Avinash - if you happen to read this what was the name of that Bti product you mentioned again?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
@Miles.Avinash - if you happen to read this what was the name of that Bti product you mentioned again?

Microbe Lift BMC - Ordered some today and it should be here by Friday. I got the Orthene yesterday too so I hit the little ones in the solo cups (not the freshly rooted clones) with the riptide + orthene combo to knock out the aphids. Depending on how it works I'll do a follow up or just to continue to use the BMC from here on out and see what happens. I feel like the crawlspace girls are far enough along that I don't want to fool with hitting them with the orthene and riptide. I'll finish them out organically if at all possible, again with the Microbe Lift. I haven't had to give them much attention down there at all, just letting them plug along and do their thing. I'm more fixated on the outdoor plot since it's something new I guess. :yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
coming along nicely , wdi

heres my gg4 hybrids from bugman that i cant grow as good as you

View Image View Image View Image View Image

Nice man! What cross is that? Of course you can grow like me or anybody else on here, just not in a crawlspace. That's my shit, ha. I see that you went to a HID from the LEDs too huh? Funny how shit is always evolving.

Quick up date on my little sickly ones, they already looking better since applying the combo last night and are perking up. I was worried about potential phototoxicity that I read about but that doesn't seem to be the case here, maybe because it's just some mellow T8 fluorescent lighting instead of some HID lights.

My gluebreath and 2.0s are coming round as well and are starting to show signs of new growth. I am very pleased to have seen these pull through, especially with my cloning track record. I'm hoping that I finally had my Ah-ha moment on this past round and will be looking forward to higher success ratios and faster turn around times in the future. Fingers crossed.

snakemanOG

WDI,

After you move your clones, how soon and how heavy do you start with your nutes?

Just moved 3 Fruity Pebbles or Grape Ape, not sure which yet, to soil and was curious what you do.

I also took these clones from a plant 21 days into flowering so they should monster too. Took a little longer for these to root, almost 2 weeks. But they seem to be doing well.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
WDI,

After you move your clones, how soon and how heavy do you start with your nutes?

Just moved 3 Fruity Pebbles or Grape Ape, not sure which yet, to soil and was curious what you do.

I also took these clones from a plant 21 days into flowering so they should monster too. Took a little longer for these to root, almost 2 weeks. But they seem to be doing well.

I'm never too worried about hitting them right out the gate. Again, I only grow organics so I let the dirt do all the work. There is plenty of nutrients in a solo's cup worth of recycled/reamended soil to keep them fed long enough for them to get established. Plus that is a handy size to still move around and not take up too much space. After they start getting rootbound and pissed I bump them up to 1 gallon containers.

Looking stellar WTI, nice genetics, nice info., great thread.:tiphat:
Gonna take a seat and enjoy the ride:biggrin:

Thanks man :yes:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I call it testers glue (or sniffin or huffin, depending on the mood)

its gg4 x (early purple kush x thai x c99)

yeah sold that led and picked up 2 more 600w hids

leds are cool, just not for my room - im not stealth or a tent guy and honestly

they are 3 times the price for equivalent lumens - fuck that shit

snakemanOG

I'm never too worried about hitting them right out the gate. Again, I only grow organics so I let the dirt do all the work. There is plenty of nutrients in a solo's cup worth of recycled/reamended soil to keep them fed long enough for them to get established. Plus that is a handy size to still move around and not take up too much space. After they start getting rootbound and pissed I bump them up to 1 gallon containers.

Cool, thanks for the info. I started them on water for the first few days, then bumped up to light nutes and increased when I moved to larger containers.

I love the Solo cups too, really easy to move and squeeze into small spots.

Sometime I'd like to pick your brains a bit on organic growing. Pretty curious about it and I'm always trying to learn.

Thanks again.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Cool, thanks for the info. I started them on water for the first few days, then bumped up to light nutes and increased when I moved to larger containers.

I love the Solo cups too, really easy to move and squeeze into small spots.

Sometime I'd like to pick your brains a bit on organic growing. Pretty curious about it and I'm always trying to learn.

Thanks again.

Honestly, organics is easier and more forgiving. You don't have to be nearly as worried about over feeding them either. pH isn't an issue if you have living soil and it's nice and buffered with dolomite lime. Dive on in, the water is warrrmmmmm :yes:

snakemanOG

Honestly, organics is easier and more forgiving. You don't have to be nearly as worried about over feeding them either. pH isn't an issue if you have living soil and it's nice and buffered with dolomite lime. Dive on in, the water is warrrmmmmm :yes:

Cool. Any suggested reading? If I try it, I wantbto know as much as I can going in.

I'm trying to maintain a low profile, would be nice not having to figure out where tondispose of my empty bottles. I'm also trying to keep my cost down as much as possible.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Cool. Any suggested reading? If I try it, I wantbto know as much as I can going in.

I'm trying to maintain a low profile, would be nice not having to figure out where tondispose of my empty bottles. I'm also trying to keep my cost down as much as possible.

I liked reading True Living Organics by The Rev. http://www.amazon.com/True-Living-Organics-All-Natural-Marijuana/dp/1931160961/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440378255&sr=1-1&keywords=true+living+organics

Take some of the stuff he writes about with a grain of salt though. Some of what he's convinced about seems more like Bro Science to me than real science.

Another staple is Teaming With Microbes by Jeff Lowenfels and Wayne Lewis http://www.amazon.com/Teaming-Microbes-Organic-Gardeners-Revised/dp/1604691131/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440378255&sr=1-2&keywords=true+living+organics

It's drier though and admittedly I didn't make it all the way through. I need to pick it back up and finish what I started.