What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Holy shit are those phonebooks?!

That's what they're good for these days 'eh?

Lookin' great whodat! Though I hope that drying method doesn't turn out to be a major pain in the ass. My fear of doing all my trimming dry is that it'll become less like trimming and more like dissection. :dunno:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Holy shit are those phonebooks?!

That's what they're good for these days 'eh?

Lookin' great whodat! Though I hope that drying method doesn't turn out to be a major pain in the ass. My fear of doing all my trimming dry is that it'll become less like trimming and more like dissection. :dunno:

That's the only thing I've ever used those phone books for haha. I've wet trimmed in the past and I think it leads to too quick a dry and the finished buds would be more prone to having that chlorophyll cut grass/hay smell. The crawlspace probably stays around 65% relative humidity down there so I don't have to worry about stuff drying out too quick. I also still have the oscillating fan blowing onto them on the end of the path if that makes sense so they aren't constantly getting fan air. Keeping the fan leaves and everything else on there helps slow down the dry and keeps the nice smell in there. Dry trimming just seems to work out better for me.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
dayum pimp - you grow glue betternme!
anyupdates broski ?

Not really. I chopped everything and it was drying slow down in the crawl. I recently took them apart, pulled all the large fan leaves, and have been letting them dry out some more in paper grocery bags before trimming them up. Bonafide trimming should start here soon though, hopefully before the holiday weekend Nahmsayn?

Biggest development is that I have a space to run the 3 glues and 8 bhodi testers I've been vegging outdoors for the first time. I have to ready the plot and plant them soon though. Any suggestions on how best to set up an outdoor plot? I was thinking about digging out a trough of sorts and dumping in a bunch of mixed soil with dry amendments. I could also do a raised bed but would rather keep it as simple as possible. Plus the area is on a hillside so I'm trying to work with the flattest spot and terrace it out accordingly. :yes:

RckyMtRdnk

I've had great results digging holes outdoors and replacing the soil like you're talking about. Great big plants!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I haven't forgotten about this thread I've just been busier with my outdoor thread that I started. Here's a pic that pretty much sums up where I'm at on that. Click the link below in my signature to check it out.

picture.php

picture.php

Otherwise I'm going to be throwing the remaining 6 bhodi testers down in the crawlspace here soon and also popping the Rare Dankness Lee Roy TK beans.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
:laughing: LOL :laughing:

practice makes perfect
:peacock:

For real though, I feel like little harmless branch tips from weed plants are spiteful. They just sit there looking at me for a week looking green and healthy, then they start to fade and wilt, after about 3 weeks pull the dead and throw them away and get the one or two forest gump clones and limp them along to vegging. It's like a 4-5 week process to do something that most other people on here can do in 2-3 weeks. That's been the story for years, get's frustrating after awhile. Hateful ass little things.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey WDI, welcome back and nice update. Good luck outdoors this year.

Whats up with your clone game that is making it difficult?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Hey WDI, welcome back and nice update. Good luck outdoors this year.

Whats up with your clone game that is making it difficult?

I can't ever get anything to root. I've all kinds of different things. I just keep tweaking it and trying different shit to get it dialed. One day.....

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Picked up some clones from craigslist. Didn't really look at them well before leaving but I knew they looked a little sad. Not too worried or upset because I got them for an experiment of sorts. Get them home for a proper look over and notice painfully obvious powdery mildew and what looks to be minor mite damage on some leaves. Fine, I want the challenge of bringing these back to health so I first hit them with Greencure to knock back the PM. *It's important to note that these were outside overnight and away from my plants I'm running. Today I hit them with some emulsified neem and quarantined them in my closet with a little desk lamp. Open my closet to check on them and notice critters flying around. Root aphids. Immediately wrap up the bag they were sitting in and they go in the trash outside.

Picking up some OG Biowar Rootpack tomorrow.

Yah done me wrong Craig

gg4 day 37

gg4 day 37

hi im thinking i need some help . this is my first grow with this strain
rdwc in a 60 gallon system. 2 plants 10 inch netpots
i think i double dosed them with 2 diff bloom nutes ppm @ 500 scale never got above 1200
drained after a week and refilled ec now at 1000 ppm @500 scale
ph has held great at 5.9. running under 1600 watts hps. no overwhelming smell and they have some powdery mildew. seems like it need some help . from the pros

thanks[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 11010495_997461556939716_2832391266569557270_n.jpg
    11010495_997461556939716_2832391266569557270_n.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 11755892_997461623606376_1717325686953883578_n.jpg
    11755892_997461623606376_1717325686953883578_n.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 14
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

heres a couple more

Attachments

• 11694808_997466060272599_948542016871050225_n.jpg
    11694808_997466060272599_948542016871050225_n.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 17
  • 11698639_997466000272605_5357286523453791048_n.jpg
    11698639_997466000272605_5357286523453791048_n.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 17

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
How are your temps and humidity levels? Do you have adequate airflow exhausting out and also depending on your grow area size a fan to move some air around in there so it doesn't get stagnant? It looks like they are getting eaten up with PM pretty good in there so you need to address the problem quickly before it gets much worse. I heard good things about a product called Actinovate for an organic way to treat PM. Here's a link to the product, http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Industries-LGAV02-Actinovate-Fungicide/dp/B0026KSLG2 I haven't personally used that product but I have used another one called Greencure, link here - http://www.greencure.net/what_is_greencure.asp. The greencure works but the PM will come back after a week or so. Powdery mildew is systemic, meaning that once its infected the plant it is in the whole plant's system. Treating with greencure and/or actinovate are more like bandaids for the problem rather than the cure. You need to make a less favorable environment for the PM to take hold again so address the airflow issues.

Also, you ended up double feeding the plants? Is there some nutrient burn going on as well? I couldn't tell in the pictures.

*EDIT* Forgot to mention that I'm not a pro and only might sound like I know what I'm talking about. Ha. I would still do the above measures that I mentioned though.

Last edited:

snakemanOG

who dat is,

I'm doing my first run of GG#4 and trying a SCrOG. If you have any tips or pointers I'd love to hear them. I was getting some tips before, but everyone has gone silent.

You can see my thread here. I think the GG#4 notes start end of page 2 or beginning of page 3.

Thanks,
snakemanOG

hey thanks for the reply who dat is
my room goes around 85 during the day and 75 at night.got a intake fan bringing in outside air and an exaust fan out the roof . ac i only run the fan , as the roots water temps stay a constant 68 do to the chiller. ill just run a real high ph water to cut back the pm and foliar feed that to the leaves. this glue seems to b a perfect fit to grow vertically. guess ill add more fans also. stems seen lean . aka breakable. big mistake i made trying to bend them like high stress cropping , which i did because no way was i ready for that kind of stretch