What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
2017 is gonna be the Year of the Skunk!

2017 is gonna be the Year of the Skunk!

I can see it now with the drive for that Roadkill in so many. Miss that burnt rubber roadkill skunk funk. Hope ya get a nice mix for the f2 :tiphat:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i really hope you are right, A_S,
skunk should make a comeback this year

seriously, how long can a thing remain elusive?????

Grizz

Veteran
i really hope you are right, A_S,
skunk should make a comeback this year

seriously, how long can a thing remain elusive?????

I don't know, it seemed like everything I grew in the 80's smelled of skunk then I quit growing for a few years and when I came back the skunk was no more, I have heard rumors here and there of it but haven't seen a REAL skunk dominate plant in 20 years

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know, it seemed like everything I grew in the 80's smelled of skunk then I quit growing for a few years and when I came back the skunk was no more, I have heard rumors here and there of it but haven't seen a REAL skunk dominate plant in 20 years

so you think it's gone for good?

yo WDI - i saw this thread about what was best pack of beans you popped this year, saw someone say dank zappa - got me extra stoked for these DZ crosses - especially the GG4 x DZ

Grizz

Veteran

yo WDI - i saw this thread about what was best pack of beans you popped this year, saw someone say dank zappa - got me extra stoked for these DZ crosses - especially the GG4 x DZ

I would think the skunk gene pool would have to reappear at some point but I am not a breeder so its just my theory

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I would think the skunk gene pool would have to reappear at some point but I am not a breeder so its just my theory

It depends on people having kept seed lines. I would assume that the old school breeders from the 80-2000 something would have had stuff that they kept stock of even if it was just seeds. I'm looking at this from a raising of live stock point of view. Ranchers have breeding stock that they keep for breeding and that live stock isn't sent to the sale house for slaughter. So if any of the old breeders who would have had that stock should have kept seed stock that was meant for selecting breeding. So it would just be logical if there is stock out there and they are just waiting...

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Sounds like a common theme with the guys with any access to true RKS genetics are really old and technologically out of the loop. No internet, forums, social media. Hopefully more of those genetics will come to the surface here soon. That's what I'm striving for anyways. Gimme that gross smelling weed :laughing:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran

Good to hear :yes: You were the only person to get a pack of the GG4 x DZ as there weren't that many seeds from that one this round. I was just pollinating my girls that are 3 weeks into flowering yesterday with the DZ pollen. 2 phenos of StarDawg IX that I haven't flowered out yet, Trapper Creek OG, The 3 (last run with her), and another round of the Sour Dubb & Chem 91 Skunk VA.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey who dat is, I just clicked on this thread saw the words Skunk and RKS and I went back another page and now i'm pulling up a seat :). Don't know whats going on but you got my attention lol so now I will have to go back and catch up on this thread. Hopefully 2017 is the year of the Skunk! I'm after them funky strains also, rank stank and dank ;). Take care 1

Dakine

Veteran
Thats true about some breeders keeping certain live stock just for breeding purposes.. But they also dont have to worry about some LEOs knocking down the door and taking everything in sight. Even happens to growers doing it legally and in regulation. Hopefully those old timers that still have old breeding stock will come to the surface though! That would be awesome, and would also making preserving them alot easier. I just hope its not extorted as well..

But anyways.. Im so jealous, hes the only one to get A pack of the gg4 x Dank Zappa? Doesnt sound to fair lol.. Yeah man Ive heard to do it when keeping A bonsai Mom, but never ever tried it. So I wanted to know how it does from you, since apparently it looked like you've done it before... But I guess I gotta try it haha

I hope you party hard with them 91s bro! ITs good to know that F2s are in the future even if its gonna be later then some of the other crosses with em.. How are they doing under the flouros?

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
i have access to 90s afghani seed stock, never had a snunk appear in that tho ive only tried 20 or so.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Thats true about some breeders keeping certain live stock just for breeding purposes.. But they also dont have to worry about some LEOs knocking down the door and taking everything in sight. Even happens to growers doing it legally and in regulation. Hopefully those old timers that still have old breeding stock will come to the surface though! That would be awesome, and would also making preserving them alot easier. I just hope its not extorted as well..

But anyways.. Im so jealous, hes the only one to get A pack of the gg4 x Dank Zappa? Doesnt sound to fair lol.. Yeah man Ive heard to do it when keeping A bonsai Mom, but never ever tried it. So I wanted to know how it does from you, since apparently it looked like you've done it before... But I guess I gotta try it haha

I hope you party hard with them 91s bro! ITs good to know that F2s are in the future even if its gonna be later then some of the other crosses with em.. How are they doing under the flouros?

They have taken off after potting them up from solo cups to 1 gallons! There are some taller phenos that keep stretching and touching the bulbs sooner that I expect every time.

i have access to 90s afghani seed stock, never had a snunk appear in that tho ive only tried 20 or so.

Hell yeah that sounds cool! What flavors and smells have you gotten out of those mostly? Piney?

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
hashy, earthy, spicy, some light floral fruit mixed in. nothing outstanding, havent found a keeper yet

Dakine

Veteran
I'm not surprised they shot up when the root space is given to them haha. Most likely those are gonna be some tall lanky plants imo..

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I'm not surprised they shot up when the root space is given to them haha. Most likely those are gonna be some tall lanky plants imo..

They haven't had enough time to get root bound in the solo cups or 1 gallon containers yet. I'm sure they will in the 1 gallons though as I wait for them to sex. Some of the plants are really getting ahead of the others, crazy growth! I'm sure the top dressing of kelp meal and alfafa meal didn't help the cause on keeping them in check either :laughing: There are some plants that are showing preflowers and they look to be male. I don't label them accordingly until I'm absolutely sure though but they should be sure things here soon. Bulb #1 is just over 4 weeks into flowering so they are getting into the poofy golfball stage now right before they start taking off and packing on weight. I plan to run them at least 63 days and longer if I can before running out of veg space. At this pace though it's going to start getting crazy in the veg area. Trying to make some clones now but they are starting to look a little rough. Cloning during the winter seems to make things a little harder though. :)

oti$

I've got some catching up to do...somehow overlooked this thread. I'll be compulsively lurking this thread watching the '91 × rks progress, I'm with ya'll on the re-emergence of the roadkill. I'll never be able to pass a dead skunk with out it bringing back fond memories of my youth. looking dank up in here!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I've got some catching up to do...somehow overlooked this thread. I'll be compulsively lurking this thread watching the '91 × rks progress, I'm with ya'll on the re-emergence of the roadkill. I'll never be able to pass a dead skunk with out it bringing back fond memories of my youth. looking dank up in here!

Thanks for stopping in. I still can't get over the growth rate on the taller phenos of the Skuk 91. I'm raising the T8 no less than once a day, sometimes more. It will be nice when they all show sex so I can finally cull some males to free up some space.

*Don't worry, I'm keeping some to work with!* :laughing:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
1/7 Skunk 91
picture.php

[Trapper Creek OG, (2) Star Dawg IXs, The 3, Sour Dubb, Chem 91 Skunk VA] x Dank Zappa
picture.php

3 foot tall Sour Dubb fan leaf
picture.php

1/9 Chem 91 Skunk VA
picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
1/15 The 3 x Dank Zappa in the works
picture.php

Bulb #1 Trapper Creek OG, (x2) Star Dawg IX, Chem 91 Skunk VA, Sour Dubb, The 3 - Just over 4 weeks in
picture.php

Bulb #2 GG4, Garlic Breath, Dank Zappa, OGKB 2.0, Star Dawg IX *Male*, SFV OG Day 10 of flower pictured here
picture.php

Skunk 91
picture.php

Star Dawg IX male
picture.php

Last edited: