What's new

Whiteflies!

blondie

Lots of small whiteflies all over a few leaves. I’m thinking hit it with hose, then spray leaves with vinegar/baking soda best as I can. I’m not sure what I’m going to do long term as no way I can get all them. Have not begun to flower yet. Very very close. Any suggestions?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
If it is not in flower yet... rabbit urine mixed 1:5 with clean water and a dash of activated lacto bacillus as a foliar. (spot test first... 1:5 'might' be too strong)

Flowering? No idea. :(

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Just use plain water to stray the whiteflies off the plants. Put yellow stickies on a couple of pieces of styrofoam and keep them close to the plants. Shake the plants close to the yellow stickies often and spray plain water daily. 😎

Maple_Flail

EWC tea as foliar with a sufficient (yucca, soap nuts/berries, etc), a higher P tested EWC works best for whitefly IME.

make fresh, once finished applying, soil drench with the remaining tea, once every 2 weeks or so for massive infestations, once a month for just the annoying ones.
this plus sticky traps tend to get them IME

imho this can be used up until 1/2 - 2/3 way though bloom depending on floral density

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Either way, friend you need to spray your plants down daily with a jet of water to keep the Whiteflies disturbed so they will move on. They love dry warm areas and hate cool wet areas. To make sure you don't overwater your plants you can spread plastic under the canopy to keep the water off the roots. Blast the hell out of them with plain water. They'll move on. 😎

blondie

Yellow sticky was out 15 minutes is all. Seems like a big infestation.

Attachments

• 6E876052-18B3-411F-9243-BB6AD0395206.jpeg
    6E876052-18B3-411F-9243-BB6AD0395206.jpeg
    587.2 KB · Views: 46