What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

white widow genes......

gonzo2012

anyone know the general lineage of white widow?? the plant i have going is definately an indica in all its bushy glory, but what strains has it been culled from??

i can't wait to smoke this baby, i've got about 2 months to go, and i'll let yall know how it works out.

gonz

ezozo

I am smoking now my WW form Nirvana and you will have a great smoke ;)
Yes, my Nirvana WW looks more in the Indica side, but the smoke is very balanced. but when I am looking on other WW from different breeders they look more Sativa then the nirvana one.

624Harvest_WW2_02-med.JPG

I don't know the generic of the WW but I think it more like a stable strain :rolleyes:

maybe someone knows how they start with this strain it is interesting :p

zozo

Last edited:
G

The White Widow strain is known for NOT being stable youll get all kinds of phenos. I had a pair going in my closet and when they started getting bigger one was no more than a foot tall but branched out about a foot and a half. The other was taller and mor resembled the 60sativa/40 indica traits. Both turned out male so I never got to see the finished product. From what I know is that its a brazillian crossed with thai.

ken

the original white widow from shantibaba (POW :( ) was a brazilian sativa x an indian hybrid, correct me if im wrong.

who knows what the nirvana version is. could be f2's, could be a copy from similar parents.

G

I was under the impression that all Nirvana seeds were jsut knockoffs of Dutch Passion and some others...

If other banks WW is more sativa, and Nirvanas is more indica, it would be because the plants Nirvana chose as parents were more indica.

ken

afaik dutch passion did a knockoff of white widow, Mr Nice Black Widow or Greenhouse seeds White Widow are the originals, although mr nice seeds are in short supply atm, as their breeder, shantibabba is currently in jail :(

the nirvana seeds could be knockoffs of either dutch passions version, or the original.

i think there are a few other versions too.

U

Uncle Hughie

my white widow looks black!
lol....

but smoke like widow!
Peace!

ken

NateTheGreat said:
Nirvanas is obviously NOT the original haha

obviously, i meant they could have copied the original, or they could have copied one of the other copies ;)

G

Ken

Ken

Haha, sorry Ken I misread what you posted....I thought you sad that Nirvana's was either a knockoff or the original:rolleyes: Many bowls usually acompany a trip to the forums! :cool:

Peace