What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which vape brand impresses you?

blondie

One vape I’ve not seen mentioned is the grasshopper. $200 about mostly down the drain. I used it for quite a while but constant cleaning, battery issues, etc etc. Mine actually still worked when I put it away.

I just took a road trip and picked up a small glass pipe on the road. It was nice to combust again but man my lungs throat etc took a beat down. Was thinking of creepys brother When my throat burned.

I’m looking for a new portable and pax 3 came to mind.
@moose eater you recommend it?

exoticrobotic

Try to consume first vaped bud and then later with tobacco. I noticed the most difference that way. Imo way more positve and uplifting without tobacco.

I'm impressed with the Tinymight.

It's spent a year and a half in the drawer gathering dust but after a couple of hours charging its ready to go again like new.

I have it on temp setting 5 and put the same amount of herb in the adjustable glass chamber as i'd put in a spliff. it's gone in a few long bong like pulls.

It leaves behind a slightly toasted tasty bite. I like the high but still crave the synergy displayed when smoked in a spliff with baccy.

moose eater

One vape I’ve not seen mentioned is the grasshopper. $200 about mostly down the drain. I used it for quite a while but constant cleaning, battery issues, etc etc. Mine actually still worked when I put it away.

I just took a road trip and picked up a small glass pipe on the road. It was nice to combust again but man my lungs throat etc took a beat down. Was thinking of creepys brother When my throat burned.

I’m looking for a new portable and pax 3 came to mind.
@moose eater you recommend it?
It works better than some. The 'single size' cap still leaves more material to be smoked if you're ony into 2-4 sizable draws at a time.

Like many, toward the end, it seems to feel like it is smoking hotter than it should, though not sure if that's simply perception.

The small nature of the 'bowl' means having to often load with something like a small folded square of paper, making the process a little bit of a pain.

For what's out there it's better than OK, but far from ideal, imo.

But I also didn't want to drop close to $500 on a mere smoking device for the pocket, and I got a pretty good deal on it for (the whole kit) around $300 or just under.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I like the high but still crave the synergy displayed when smoked in a spliff with baccy.
It takes some time to adjust. I'm now 9 days off the tobacco and pure weed is hitting better and better every day.
I was most of the time disappointed after the first consumption with tobacco because it's more a head thing imo. When i craved nicotine a bowl with tobacco sounded like the best thing in the world untill i hit it, most of the time it just made the weed more dulling. But i try to get rid of this brown tarry demon for a long time now and am very observant on how i react/crave that shit.

exoticrobotic

Wow @chilliwilli

:tiphat: 9 days is impressive.

I bought some calamus root to chew. Chewing a tiny bit settles my stomach, provides a nice focus, stops the mind chatter and stops me wanting that awful brown haggy witch baccy as much.

The calamus on the other hand, whilst unbelievably bitter in taste, reminds me of a long haired fair maiden.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Wow @chilliwilli

:tiphat: 9 days is impressive.

I bought some calamus root to chew. Chewing a tiny bit settles my stomach, provides a nice focus, stops the mind chatter and stops me wanting that awful brown haggy witch baccy as much.

The calamus on the other hand, whilst unbelievably bitter in taste, reminds me of a long haired fair maiden.

First time i did this was more stressfull. A nice dab helped when the craving was very strong. I normally don't smoke much oil so the overwelming high helped alot.

A friend of mine also tried to stop smoking at that time and tried champix(Vareniclin). He gave me one pill to try out. It did what it should, i had no desire for tobacco. He did it like they recommended it and started the pills while smoking and got heavy nausea after some days and stopped taking the pills. Wasted more than 100 euro and didn't stop smoking. Also as i looked it up suicidal thoughts is not a side effect i want in my life.

Worst for me was the first days (2. and 3.) and now after 9 days no more craving. I have my moments were i think of it but not that strong urge. I turned up the temp of my vape what also helped with the switch.

It's really worth it. Hang in there.

salom

The new version of puffco. The one like look like Sherlock Holmes pipe. Really good taste, could smoke for longer than regular puffco, or at least was my impression.

Really recommend for extracts, I use mostly for good quality ice, Less than 120u and one of the betters vapers I try

goingrey

The new version of puffco. The one like look like Sherlock Holmes pipe. Really good taste, could smoke for longer than regular puffco, or at least was my impression.

Really recommend for extracts, I use mostly for good quality ice, Less than 120u and one of the betters vapers I try
The Puffco Proxy. It looks really cool. Have you tried the flower bowl, does it work well?

madalasatori

Veteran
I’m very happy with my minivap. Allows for big bong like hits and is is portable, around the size of a 500ml bottle. Pricey though

Brother Nature

I love my volcano 'medic' which is the Hybrid without the bells and whistles, which I don't need anyways. Reduced the price by a good $500 where I live too. Not a fan of the balloons, but the whip attachment is great, especially becasue I can hook it up to my bong, put a bit of ice in it and it really makes the large bowel you need in a volcano very palatable. In saying that I still prefer a glass bong or joint in most situations. I tend to go to the volcano if I've been smoking heavy for a bit and I'm starting to feel the effects in my lungs, or when I want a longer lasting less sharp high. I had a PAX 2 for a while that I really liked too but I smoke a lot and found myself cleaning it way more than I would ever clean a pipe, I ended up giving it to my mum as she only uses cannabis for medical reasons and it is by far the best vape for her situation, she hardly smokes and higher smoke temps irritate her throat so the adjustable temps really assist. A single load, which is around .5g, will last her like a week haha.

salom

@goingrey no man, only for ice and rosin. For rosin top and for ice was much better than normal puffco that is the one I have at home. Weed I did not vaporize, can’t tell. I had a bad experience with pax 3. Was nice but I lose the capacity to taste the weed properly and comeback to joints.

Old Piney

My experience is limited to the two I own , I like both.I like small and simple and cheap .My first was the DynaVap with the right technique it hits great .It's also analog no battery just need a touch lighter or some other flame .On the downside, it takes some practice and technique and you look like your smoking a crack stem. My second is planet of the vapes One .It works great and is very discreet. I got the the little stainless Dosing Capsules makes things easy and clean .They both cost around $100

beta

Veteran
I've been using the same Volcano Classic as my daily driver since 2006. I've had to change the switch on it probably 5 times but otherwise it just keeps plugging right along.

I'm also a fan of Dynavap with an induction heater and the Cannabis Hardware B0 ball vape.

Blue Rhino

Just discovered Divvy brand vapes and I'm kind'a impressed. Tried vape carts before and they were no bueno to me. They were very chokey. The Divvy vape carts are pretty good though. They taste nice and are quite smooth. And man, they pack a wallop. Although right now I believe they're only available in Canada.