What's new

Which shroom strains are hallucinogenic?

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
im not very confident in my abilities, so i don't eat ones i find.

cubensis are the ones you find in baggies (mostly).

Weedninja

Any info on the strains in oaxaca, mexico? I've met a shaman that said that they used shrooms and herbs to see into other dimensions...some really trippy shit.

When Wasson went to Oaxaca, he ate Ps. caerulescens and that seems to be the preferred shroom there. Ps. zapotecorum is preferred by the Zapotec Indians, as the name implies. There are several other species that are used, but the Indians stay away from Ps. cubensis, because it grows on shit.

pothead6

most common (found all over the world)
panaeolus cinctulus (formerly subbalteatus)
Panaeolus_subbalteatus.jpg

not so common (u.s.):
Psilocybe Cubensis (found mainly along the gulf coast)
486872811_9b59923350.jpg

psilocybe azurescens (very potent, found in the pacific northwest)
psilocybe_azurescens_sw_2-8.jpg

psilocybe cyanescens (also very potent, also found in the pnw)
psilocybe_cyanescens_patch01.jpg

psilocybe semilanceata (found in western europe, but also in the pnw and possibly in the northeast u.s.)
Psilocybe_semilanceata.jpg

here is a really great website from john allen, an amazingly knowledgeable man. i believe (could be wrong) that his fave's are liberty caps (p. semilanceata)

its really not safe to go out looking for actives unless you REALLY know what you are doing, i.e. YEARS of steady mycology studies, memorizing ALL of the possible poisonous ones, and getting your toes wet with easy to identify edibles.

i get ones that look identical to that last one in my yard all the time "northern ny"

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i get ones that look identical to that last one in my yard all the time "northern ny"
not that im saying they were the same ones (look alikes abound :yoinks:)

but i think p similanceata do occur somewhat in new england. (oh hahaha like i already said)

if you decide to go hunting, make sure you have a professional confirm the specie.

:noway:

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
the ones that say "NOT FOR ILLEGAL USE" under "BIOLOGICAL SPECIMIN" on the syringe

check out hawkseye.com Avoid FREESPORES.com - only half of my Noc points from 2 syringes actually took. Very clear solution. The hawkseye spores were nice and peppery looking inside the solution - that's a good thing!

Shrooms are really really easy to grow - just takes being careful and being able to follow directions. I've got a fuck ton of jars packed up and colonizing - picking up a new hobby.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Generally, the ones that make you have visual problems and don't kill you are the ones that you should try. Just saying...

Latest posts

Latest posts