What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which of the four strains will be the dankest?

Which of the four strains will be the dankest?

• Gorilla Haze

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Purkle #1

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Zkittzo

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lemon Drizzle (freebie)

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Day 45 dizzle, Day 35 Gorilla Haze

5/26 = week 7 lemon , finish 6/7
6/4 = week 7 gorilla haze finish 6/13

both plants got bloom booster'd

full

full

tent

full

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
I'm pretty stoked and happy with the progress on the lemon. Only issue is that my clones of both the lemon/gorilla haze are rediculously stretchy. 2" between nodes.

Resorting to my backup stash of quality tops from my beanz Black widow x Wedding Cake grow a year+ ago. They are probably close to expiration date so might as well smoke them instead of spending real money on rec weed. This jar has been untouched and at the bottom of the freezer.

Posted on another thread - dropped $79 on a small amount of harmony farms Oreoz. My thinking was that maybe it was better b/c its more expensive.

Nope! Its basically exactly the same as the other rec grams I've bought - rock hard buds (thanks to plant growth regulators?) with no fire, or heart, whatsoever. Short, boring high. However, mixed 50/50 with my homegrown improves it tremendously.

Nug rubs on both are about the same - sweet slightly tropical/citrusy.

5/26 begins flushing season for lemon. Haze will do the same next Saturday.

In the picture above, the Gorilla Haze has 3 tops whilst the lemon has what looks like a couple dozen. That's the result of tieing down all those stretchy tops

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Flush has started on the Lemon drizzle. Tops are starting to stack, developing those stocky bud offshots.

She is smelling lovely.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Finally put the Purkle and Skittzlez #1 into the flower tent. Both are tall enough to reach the light. Gonna have to tie them down and/or top them, probably gonna be a bit gnarly for them!

Note the purkle is already in bloom, probably week 1.5-2. Skittlez #1 still is in preflower stage.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
week 8 lemon / week 7 gorilla haze

Plant is turning out better than I expected. Lemon is quite different than mr. brunches' plants. Lemon is strongly fragrant in a sweet way,

Using one gallon fabric pots instead of the smaller black plastic has definitely made a difference.

Here's some pics:

full

full

full

full

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Chopped the lemon dizzle as we have a good 50% of amber trichs under the scope.

Super easy to clean, love the bud's structure. The yield should be pretty, pretty good.

Will this be a 2/2 where the freebies are better than the paid-for beans?

EDIT : Filled up my entire bud drying box! I believe that's the first time I've done that with a single plant.

Last edited:

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Chopped the lemon dizzle as we have a good 50% of amber trichs under the scope.

Super easy to clean, love the bud's structure. The yield should be pretty, pretty good.

Will this be a 2/2 where the freebies are better than the paid-for beans?

EDIT : Filled up my entire bud drying box! I believe that's the first time I've done that with a single plant.
Looking superb mate , and great freebies hey :tiphat:

Thank you for showing what the strains can do ..

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
FINAL HI RES LEMON DRIZZLE PICS

- skipping Gorilla Haze update. Looks the same, except more more fragrant.
- Purkle and the SKittlez #1 are in flower. The Purkle is a little wierd as she already started flowering, so she's doing that thing where the fan leaves are super frosty super early in flower. Just a bit confused that one is.

SUPER LEMON HAZE CLONE X WIFI OG

REAL GORILLA SEEDS

full

full

Most of the stems were bent are very strong angles to deal with the stretch. Look at the node distance above!

full

The lemon almost fills up the entire tent. Gorilla haze on the very right 25% of the photo.

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Initial impressions:

- Buds are nice. Got the dry / initial cure right
- Very easy plant to trim.
- Smell: i'd describe it as 'juicy fruit', like the bubblegum. sweet and citrusy, decently strong
- Taste - Hits strong with no coughing. Flavor is a tiny bit of what I'd imagine "OG Kush" to be. Nice body on the smoke.

Gorilla haze is being chopped today. Probably a few days late but gave her time to purple up. Know what she smells like?

GRAPEFRUIT!!!

I haven't had grapefruit in years, but I was slammed with that scent getting close to the GH. Even the finger rubs are grapefruity.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
TY for the bump @mr.brunch !

LATE JULY UPDATE

- DANKNESS: Lemon dizzle wins. The Ghaze doesn't quite do it for me. Probably will do another dizzle run, its a fun plant to grow
- STONE is clear, you can work on it. Nice smoke quality, I feel the OG in the background
- PURKLE got MOLD! Had to cut a couple of tops, checked the trichs, she's coming down. Think the issue was that I put them in big tubs of water as I had to go out of town, though this hasn't been an issue with past plants. Only had to deal with mold once or twice
- PURKLE also got BIG FAT BUDS! Nice golfball-shaped ones. Really looking forward to this one, Might be a winner. Been years since I've grown buds like this
- SKITTLEZ are in progress! I was going to write off #2 as she was looking wierd in the transition to flower, but shes hulked up in the last week or so, developing sour diesel type buds.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Lemon dizzle freebies!

Zkittzo Early Report​

£7.00 – £60.00

• Genetics: Zkittles x Skunk
  • Out of the two, one is basically 100% skunk, and the other much closer to the zkittles. I say this b/c I just toked the other one, and got a distinct candy hit.
  • Both were excellent yielders; the zkittles one almost filled two jars
  • More to report later

Justonemoreburger

Lemon dizzle freebies!

Zkittzo Early Report​

£7.00 – £60.00

• Genetics: Zkittles x Skunk
  • Out of the two, one is basically 100% skunk, and the other much closer to the zkittles. I say this b/c I just toked the other one, and got a distinct candy hit.
  • Both were excellent yielders; the zkittles one almost filled two jars
  • More to report later
Any photos of pre chop and finished bud?

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Going to have to update this thread. Have two lemon drizzles that are almost ready to flip. I'm glad I wrote this report as I forgot when I put these into flower.

have one super creme cookies that can go for a few more weeks.

I also had to remind myself how to clone. Thanks icmag for the helpful info. Going to root in coco in plastic cups.

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
2x Lemon Drizzle freebies, 1 Super Cream Cookies
Originally written 5/29/2023
- Why these seeds? Turns out my method of germinating, rockwool cubes, sucks and was killing
my seeds. They'd start but die immediately. I went thru all but the last three seeds from
my RGS order last year. Luckily, the super cream cookies is female.

Of the two Lemon Drizzle, one was a very slow survivor of the rockwool cubes. I lost track
of which is which. #1 has huge fan leaves. #2 is a few inches shorter and was topped first.

Medium: coco, one gallon fabric pots
Nutes: Canna coco, cal-mag
Add-ons: Monterey BT (anti fungus gnats)

I've topped all three plants, removed the first couple of nodes, and am low-stress training the two main stems by mainlining them, tying them
down perpendicular to the ground. Both lemons are responding very well, with second nodes exploding.

The first nodes on all three plants will be taken for clones. Given my experience with the rockwool,
may try sticking them in coco or perlite.

The SCC is very indica, but big buttery leaves.

FAST FORWARD TO PRESENT
Lemon Drizzles day 36/week 6
Super Cream Cookies Day 9

LD #1 has more tops and is chunkier now. #2s buds are bigger but looser.

The SCC really didn't like being submerged in water, she'd take 3+ days to recover. I do this when going out for a few days.

I've run out of my decent weed months ago, so this crop will be welcome.

Cloning was no problem. I did the hempy cup with water and perlite method; the cuts would turn gnarly looking but rooted well. I also did a bunch in plain water that rooted fine, though they are slower out the gate when transplanted into coco.

full

full

full

full

I vegged the SCC 27 days longer than the lemons:

full

full

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Thanks for the heart Mr Brunch!

I'll tell you what... recreational weed sucks. I bought a 1/2 of some decent enough seeming herb; good smell, bag appeal, but lacking in potency. $70.

The lower tier herb that retails for $12 a gram just sucks. The bottom tier stuff, I don't understand how they can get away with selling it. I don't get how people can grow such bad herb. It's not even a tolerance thing necessarily as I ran out of my premium buds, I don't remember, but it's been a few months. Been reaching for the bottom of the freezer, 'turn these into dabs' buds.

I've been sampling a few different brands. Bottom line is none of them have the 'wok hei,' the FIRE, or the 'sticky icky icky.' No rec weed has been sticky, aka laden with trichs. I'm convinced they tumble their flower for hash and then package/sell it.

I bought a new scope so I should verify this on the $70 1/2 I got.

3-4 weeks till I'm toking my own buds again. ABF always be flowering! NExt round of clones is set to go.

Also, I've had ZERO fungus gnats this grow. ZERO. Whaaaat?

EDIT: Rereading my posts from last year, these two lemons didn't really stretch at all, whereas the first one did. Interesting!

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Funny enough, about this time last year I was also complaining about rec weed in this thread. Deja vu!

I looked at some really nice rec nugs that I picked up thru my new scope. Virtually zero trichomes. Rat bastards!

The super creme cookies is doing nicely. Had to remove a bunch of lower bud sites as this plant is so dense no way they'd be any good.

Thanks everybody

Latest posts

Latest posts