What's new

Where to mount light?

I built a reflector and need to know where the best place to put the light in this reflector would be? I am using an 430 watt hortilux for a sog garden.

It is made out of aluminum and measures 22" X 30" x 10" . I will be putting a 430 watt hps light in it. All I would like to know is where the optimum placement of the light would be. Is it in the middle of the reflector? Or is it at one of the ends?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

2b2s

I see that no one has responded to your thread as of yet. I know in looking for lights that the majority of them place the lights at either of the ends of the reflector. I think this is done for easier placement of the cord etc. Hope you find the information that you need.
:smile:

G

I take it that its a horizontal mounted Bulb. The best place to put the bulb is to line up the Cathode (white Thing) directly in the center. Horizontal Bulbs dont put out light at the tips.

Looking at your hood I would say you need to make it more rigid. Dont let the the flaps Bow inward. Your just deflecting the light away from the plant. Maybe even put them at a greater angle so the Lights footprint will be directed downward more.

Blatant :wave:

G

Bulb orientation is very important and I'm not sure enough growers pay atention to it. Light is most emitted out of the long sides of the bulb, so you must place the pointed ends aiming at your short walls, or long sides perpendicular to the walls furthest away.