What's new

Where is the best place in Oz to grow

• Thread starter sallyforthDeleted member 75382
  • Start date
S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Have a chance now to live and work in Australia and was wondering where the best place is to grow cannabis. Big Sativa grower and I will be looking to grow Zamaldelica ( 16weeks flowering ) and other sativa hybrids and landrace's including Thai ( 10 - 16 week flowering ).
Looking to move around July, will obviously be growing outdoors.
I'm real excited as I have visited Australia numerous times now and can't wait.
Got me own business that has grown nicely and need to be based down under. Can live anywhere as I do my bit from home, but will need an internet connection to do this, so that needs bearing in mind.

Thanks for any advice.

S

Sat X RB

always thought that South Oz or West Oz is the place to grow. rains in winter when there's no crop and dry and HOT in summer. so find a place with a good water supply and ...

of course the weather's gone wonky these years ...

and West's politics are more right wing than South's.

(we got internet everywhere even tho' it's easy to think some of it is still steam powered.)

Terroir

INternet business you need a fibre connection right. ADSL2 wont cut it. Correct me if im wrong. Not big on the internet thingy but infrastructure is lacking out of city centers. And is non existent in many places. Dirt roads, off grid power.

Im on fibre in the city but out n the bush its slow slow slow. Well for me it is. ADSL2 is out in the bush i believe in some spots. Broadband network is being rolled out in many areas at the moment but that will prob all stop after the next election with a govt change. If you find an area you like you can find out if your on cable through that web page http://www.nbnco.com.au/when-do-i-get-it/index.html

Many nice areas to grow long flowering sativas. Comboyne Plateau, Doriggo Palteau, Bulga Plateau, Any where along the thunderbolt way heading to the HIgh country of New England,

You can grow anywhere on the coast but im just pointing you in the direction of some prime agricultural land at altitude in high rainfall areas with wonderful rich volcanic soils. Southern HIghlands aswell just near Sydney but not sure about the frosts there. There are many other valleys closer to the coast with nice soils and closer to civilization but not at altitude and then there is QLD and thats where the sallys really shine. West of cairns is the Atherton tablelands and thats a true tropical sativa paradise.
IN NSW you prob want to be east of the ranges for pure sallies. Though northern NSW i bet some nice ones grow around Tenterfield and up through Stanthorpe to Warwick and the Cunninghams gap area.

All the best mate. Just remember in the country every one knows every ones business. Find yourself a private valley, grow some screening plants and voila.

Also in nsw. The further west of the range you go the colder it gets and the dryer it gets. Harder to finish a true long flowering plant. 10 -16 shouldnt be a problem.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Have a chance now to live and work in Australia and was wondering where the best place is to grow cannabis. Big Sativa grower and I will be looking to grow Zamaldelica ( 16weeks flowering ) and other sativa hybrids and landrace's including Thai ( 10 - 16 week flowering ).
Got me own business that has grown nicely and need to be based down under. Can live anywhere as I do my bit from home, but will need an internet connection to do this, so that needs bearing in mind.

Thanks for any advice.
Anywhere thats safe with lots of sun is the best place,
away from the cities and the fence jumpers etc ..

The flowering times you noted are mainly for indoor,
it wont be quite the same in a good % of oz,
the more north you go ,, the faster they will flower ,
i dont think ive ever seen anything thats flowered like we see on the internet indoors ,
not unless ive harvested it , its regrown and ive harvested it again..

Anywhere thats safe with lots of sun is the best place,
away from the cities and the fence jumpers etc ..

Yup....thats about sums it up!

I don't really think that there is one place that is better suited than others...differing climates and weather conditions may affect the strain choices you may choose to grow, but I have lived all over Oz over the years, and everywhere i ended up there were always people growing some great pot! Same as anywhere really...ya just got to get your timing and strain dialled in to wherever you are located and you can always grow good stuff!

I have a friend who only grows outdoors in the higher altitudes of central Tasmania where the spring/summer (grow season) can be very short and the weather conditions can be pretty damn contrary at best....but he never fails to grow some truly magnificent smoke.
I myself am on the North coast of TAS (slightly more forgiving growing climate, but only just) and there is great weed grown down here everywhere! Back in the day all anyone grew here were big ol sativas and nobody here had any more or less dramas than anywhere else I have ever been, even despite our shorter grow season.
Unfortunately the old 'bush' sativas have all but disappeared from the scene in favour of the current trend of more indica dominant plants. I personally dislike this trend, and nearly always prefer to grow sativa leaning strains, and i have never had any dramas with the longer growing cycle of such strains here....I do always have one eye on the weather near the end of flower season mind you!

Wherever you land mate....You can do it! :biggrin:

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Thanks one and all some great advice.

Will be over next month looking at property.

Have some family down your way who are gonna help....they don't know about me growing though !

Cheers.

vostok

Veteran

Thanks for any advice.

I'd be placing my grow in FNQ Cairns area to take advantage of that extra heat and those tropical rains ...this being a sativa grow and all

rod58

the best place to grow ? well thats a easy one , anywhere thats remote and has good cover ..all the rest can be supplied in one form or another ..i prefer growing out on the edge of the desert fringe , its remote and its the last place that the thieves think about looking ...including uniformed thieves ..lol ..sure it would be great to grow where there is great soil and it rains twice a week but this is australia , the driest country on the planet so we make do with what we've got and i think because of that it also makes us the most efficient farmers ..where i live there's great growing areas , fertility and rainfall , but its becoming quite saturated with people and therefore very risky ..thats why i moved my business out further and i can sleep sound at night ..where ever you do it , its how you do it i think ...cheers..

Cernunnos

I would say for longer flowering landrace sativas, you need to be at least where it is sub tropical but for sativas that are faster flowering they can still be grown in Vic or anywhere with a similar climate in this big country.

Latest posts

Latest posts