What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When will UK/Scotland get homegrow rights restored? / Where already has?

Digit

When will uk/scotland get homegrow rights restored? / where in uk/scotland already has homegrow rights to what extent?

.. and what cards / prescriptions / nhs support / private clinics/pharmacies/clubs support / police support / courts support / public support / council support / landlord support etc etc play a role in helping restore and maintain your freedom, your right, your human right, your natural right, to do with cannabis as you please (to whatever extent they allow under duress of their terrorising threats, still, ha.)?

Has anywhere got plant/weight/wattage/space limits yet?

Have you got pessimistic notions that it'll be corporate only?

I keep asking the police... rewording it each time, to try elicit a useful reply... if we're safe to grow yet.
I encourage you to do the same: https://www.scotland.police.uk/secureforms/contact/
The nearest I've gotten to an answer is an ambiguous one-liner something like "if you get caught and convicted you could face a fine or prison", which sounded like could be a subtextual "yes, go ahead, but keep your grow really discreet." but that's not good enough for me, so I keep asking.

What's the sit-rep? Where's safe in this post-code lottery?

-----------------

btw, Orkney's out, not safe, last I heard, home of departed dear Biz Ivol, still with a chief of police who even since medical legalisation has been smugly chirping in local newspapers a load of obnoxiously ignorant and hostile "zero-tollerence" rot after grow busts in the isles.

Cuddles

"if you get caught and convicted you could face a fine or prison", which sounded like could be a subtextual "yes, go ahead, but keep your grow really discreet."

there was no subtext. it just means that it´s illegal and you can end up in jail. And now that they know who you are (or do they?) they´ll probably keep an etra eye on you! I´d never ask the police such things because they´re the ones who are out and about, not the actual governnment people.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Cops don't make laws, they uphold em. So you're barking up the wrong tree.
You should be asking your parliament rep or government or whatever/whoever makes the laws that question.

And medical legalization doesn't mean you can grow in peace, because then you prolly will need a doctors notice and permits and there will be limits and shit.
That's if you can grow at all even if the medical part is legal. That's more towards some Big Pharma stuff like Sativex.

And again, people screaming for legalization and their rights. STOP IT!
What you need is decriminalization, then you don't have to worry about limits and licenses and all that jazz. Just grow weed like you would grow potatoes or some stuff like that.
That would be right. And fuck paying more taxes. I ain't gonna pay no weed tax next week when last week I woulda gone to jail for the same thing.

That's how The Man get you. So fuck that guy.

Amynamous

Cops don't make laws, they uphold em. So you're barking up the wrong tree.
You should be asking your parliament rep or government or whatever/whoever makes the laws that question.

And medical legalization doesn't mean you can grow in peace, because then you prolly will need a doctors notice and permits and there will be limits and shit.
That's if you can grow at all even if the medical part is legal. That's more towards some Big Pharma stuff like Sativex.

And again, people screaming for legalization and their rights. STOP IT!
What you need is decriminalization, then you don't have to worry about limits and licenses and all that jazz. Just grow weed like you would grow potatoes or some stuff like that.
That would be right. And fuck paying more taxes. I ain't gonna pay no weed tax next week when last week I woulda gone to jail for the same thing.

That's how The Man get you. So fuck that guy.

Where I live, i have to pay taxes when I buy tomatoes.
I don’t mind paying taxes for store bought weed.
Lucky for me, i can grow both in my garden. :yummy:

JustGrowing420

What we really need though is to decriminalize it in our mind first, it's our right and we must act on it.

I have learned to disregard laws that I don't see the reason for existing, I don't wait for no gov to make it legal/decriminalize it.
If you want to grow, you should, no matter legal/illegal. Just take a bit more care.

Also BadTicket hit the nail, for decades people lost their freedom over this and now suddenly because you are free to walk in a store and buy weed, there is no problem that your money flows straight into these guys pockets that have ruined so many lives.......... tomatoes were not illegal a few years ago getting people locked up for growing them.....

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
They tried to decriminalise it in London, but people took the piss. Suits traveling to work at 7am were being targeted by street urchins. That fucked it up for all of us.

Cuddles

They tried to decriminalise it in London, but people took the piss. Suits traveling to work at 7am were being targeted by street urchins. That fucked it up for all of us.

didn´t even know about this one. That really sucks man!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
About 15 years ago, they dropped it to class C in Brixton, as a trial. It failed. The message 'drugs are bad' echoed out, and a stiffening rather than a relaxing of the law prevailed.

The smokers I know seem to think they will be smoking it on the park, or in the bus queue. That it's just a cigarette. Their behaviour will stop every trial.
A successful trial is one where nothing changes. The UK has too many dickheads for that to happen though.

Cuddles

About 15 years ago, they dropped it to class C in Brixton, as a trial. It failed. The message 'drugs are bad' echoed out, and a stiffening rather than a relaxing of the law prevailed.

The smokers I know seem to think they will be smoking it on the park, or in the bus queue. That it's just a cigarette. Their behaviour will stop every trial.
A successful trial is one where nothing changes. The UK has too many dickheads for that to happen though.

Brixton of all places? Mind you there are stupid people everywhere I guess. If we want it to be legal for us all we need to show that weed users are responsible people not idiots. And if we want the law to change it requires a sensible intelligent approach, meaning don´t act like immature twats that only confirm the existing prejudice
It sounds like the people who want to toke legally shot themselves in the foot! It takes a long time for politics to allow such trials in the first place. And they obviously totally blew it. A pretty sad own goal :(

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started a thread a number of weeks ago about Cancard,,,supported by all political parties and every police federation in England and Wales,,,
Cancard holders are effectively decriminalised for possession and cultivation based on the CPS unable to convict due to mitigating circumstances,,,
17;000 Cancard holders and counting,,,.
Started by Carly Barton,,one of the mums whose kids have constant fits without there Cannabis meds,,,
want piece of mind? Then apply for your Cancard but must have a Doctor or Consultant to confirm why you need your Cannabis meds,,,,
Sorry but Scotland and Northern Ireland are not part of this just England and Wales,, ,

Cuddles

I started a thread a number of weeks ago about Cancard,,,supported by all political parties and every police federation in England and Wales,,,
Cancard holders are effectively decriminalised for possession and cultivation based on the CPS unable to convict due to mitigating circumstances,,,
17;000 Cancard holders and counting,,,.
Started by Carly Barton,,one of the mums whose kids have constant fits without there Cannabis meds,,,
want piece of mind? Then apply for your Cancard but must have a Doctor or Consultant to confirm why you need your Cannabis meds,,,,
Sorry but Scotland and Northern Ireland are not part of this just England and Wales,, ,

It´s a step in the right direction, I guess. Trouble is most doctors will not do that, mostly because they haven´t a clue about weed and are totally prejudice. It needs to be non-punishable for everyone - but that won´t happen anytime soon (realitically speaking), will it?
It sucks that it´s not nationwide too.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All your GP or consultant needs to do,,,is confirm you are being treated for A,B,or C ,,,
GPs are on board with this as it effectively takes the pressure of them and they are just confirming the condition that you are currently being treated for,,,
Check out the website,,
,Cancard holders being given the meds back if caught in possession etc,etc,,

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
fuck'em - I'll grow my 2 plants - as a conscientious objector to the draconian cannabis laws - if they want to go filling reams of paper out about it - and trying to squeeze blood out of a stone - then so be it -

Think those days are gone G,,
Can’t imagine being bothered for a couple of plants,,,,,

Cuddles

But what if someone stitches you up? I mean the coppers are obliged to act on it, are they not?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
But what if someone stitches you up? I mean the coppers are obliged to act on it, are they not?

I believe location may have a lot to do with getting a pull,,,,
anywhere in Inner London and Greater London then virtually zero chance of being bothered ,,,,little village in the Home Counties then possibly,,,
Police have so many other priorities then a few plants in areas in and around London,,,

Cuddles

I believe location may have a lot to do with getting a pull,,,,
anywhere in Inner London and Greater London then virtually zero chance of being bothered ,,,,little village in the Home Counties then possibly,,,
Police have so many other priorities then a few plants in areas in and around London,,,

just another of 1000 reasons why I should have never left!! :(

Latest posts

Latest posts