What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When will dispensary prices be reasonable!?!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Oh damn that's a terrible experience. I got some amazing seeds like 7 years ago I think from cannacopia it was the deep chunckX Bubba kush.
I got the most amazing little purple white frosted phenotype that I will never forget from that pack of seeds.
I don't even know where to get my seeds now.

One never forgets 'your first' whatever.:woohoo:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Please correct me if I'm wrong. The last I knew the issue of smokable cannabis being sold or used in Florida was still on the docket to be decided by Florida's Supreme Court.

NW Florida (southern Alabama) is very different than other parts of FL and the nearest dispensaries (2) to me are in Tallahassee. I think Pensacola has one. None sell flowers. Or advertise online as selling flowers anyway. Tampa may be different.

But as far as I knew it was still illegal to sell or possess cannabis flowers in the state of FL.
Well Dave, that is half true, kinda. They do sell vape single use pens that have bud in them for vaping... but loose bud is still not OK. But for the hell of it and to give the CBD hype a try I went to the Doc to listen to her sch-peel and try it out.. (not going to grow CBD plants right yet) They are very sure FL will go recreational in the near future.. but dont know about growing ones own then... Fl would be ideal for outdoor growing in a screened enclosure under the sun. OTOH, there be many 'bugs' and pests here, in abundance.. I always wonder how the gorilla growers do it. She also said one can request lab reports from the dispensary about strain lineages' they sell..

I live in AZ. & got my card over 2 months ago. Still haven't been to a dispensary though. Why when mines better? In AZ. you have to live at least 25 miles from a dispensary to grow 4 plants. There's dispensaries every where. You'd have to live 50 miles away from the nearest town to find an area without a dispensary.
I agree.... It needs to be recreational & we need to be able to grow our own; even if it's a limited amount. Things are moving in the right direction. Just not as fast as we would like. I think it will take another 5 - 10 years before all 50 states are recreational.

troutman

Seed Whore
Sadly, I don't think prices will go down too much. Which is hurting a lot of sick people. :moon:

Grow if you can and maybe gift a baggie to some needy person who can't afford it all the time. :)

They are starting to go down a little bit.

1/8s for ~ $35 occasionally.

Quality is ok but could be better. You can tell most of it is rushed out.

I typically let any flower dry for another few days by burping and flipping the container it comes in a few times a day until it’s gone lol.

dddaver

Veteran
At least they are allowed to sell flowers now. They opened one dispensary in Panama City and it does not sell any flowers. They say they will eventually. And when compared to the $70 for an eighth of crippy I paid 10 years ago that $35 is better. But my issue is with paying the doctor $200 or more every 7 months for a recommendation, then on top of that paying for your card that's good for a year. Expensive doctor recommendations and confusing/conflicting expiration dates are just stupid. The dispensary prices are high but I enjoy growing and also knowing what I'm ingesting

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
But I don't know anyone these days that's sells bud or concentrates so that's why I'm so concerned with the dispensary prices in Florida lol.

Well, you have come to the right place. Icmag I will tell you everything you need to know to get medicine cheaper than both the dispensary and the street!

Happy growing!!!

White Beard

Legalizing pot has definitely been one of those “be careful what you ask for” experiences...it’s all going to have to be redone.

CaptainDankness

te=Snook;8522550]Well Dave, that is half true, kinda. They do sell vape single use pens that have bud in them for vaping... but loose bud is still not OK. But for the hell of it and to give the CBD hype a try I went to the Doc to listen to her sch-peel and try it out.. (not going to grow CBD plants right yet) They are very sure FL will go recreational in the near future.. but dont know about growing ones own then... Fl would be ideal for outdoor growing in a screened enclosure under the sun. OTOH, there be many 'bugs' and pests here, in abundance.. I always wonder how the gorilla growers do it. She also said one can request lab reports from the dispensary about strain lineages' they sell..[/quote]
I actually think better weed can be grown outdoors in Florida than California. A lot of bud will definitely be lost to tropical storms, but the right strains will probably strengthen enough to handle a little hurricane. Probably more on the Sativa side so buds ain't as fat and heavy, also make it less likely to mold with all that rain and humidity down there.

Bugs shouldn't be too bad can't be any worse than Jamaica or Thailand and they can grow great weed outdoors. Sure most Jamaican ain't great but it can be.

Now do us all a favor and grow massive amounts of Sativa. :)

Dr.King

Veteran
Even in Oregon the cannabis is still costly. The top Oz's of bud are still $300-400 each. With a med card you get 20% off which is nice and can buy even more. Of course you can get a $35-50 Oz but they are harsh on your lungs trust me.

If you are in a state once they do legalize it or planning to move to a legal state it is much harder to grow then one would plan to. Nearly 50%+ of the renters still will not allow cannabis to be smoked inside or on the property. If you do find a property where you can smoke cannabis you also have to find and make sure they are fine with you growing which unfortunately the other 40%+ still will not allow. It is very hard finding property to grow. Renting or buying your own house is a good way to go about it I may add.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
te=Snook;8522550]Well Dave, that is half true, kinda. They do sell vape single use pens that have bud in them for vaping... but loose bud is still not OK. But for the hell of it and to give the CBD hype a try I went to the Doc to listen to her sch-peel and try it out.. (not going to grow CBD plants right yet) They are very sure FL will go recreational in the near future.. but dont know about growing ones own then... Fl would be ideal for outdoor growing in a screened enclosure under the sun. OTOH, there be many 'bugs' and pests here, in abundance.. I always wonder how the gorilla growers do it. She also said one can request lab reports from the dispensary about strain lineages' they sell..
I actually think better weed can be grown outdoors in Florida than California. A lot of bud will definitely be lost to tropical storms, but the right strains will probably strengthen enough to handle a little hurricane. Probably more on the Sativa side so buds ain't as fat and heavy, also make it less likely to mold with all that rain and humidity down there.

Bugs shouldn't be too bad can't be any worse than Jamaica or Thailand and they can grow great weed outdoors. Sure most Jamaican ain't great but it can be.

Now do us all a favor and grow massive amounts of Sativa. :)[/quote]

I'm not sure when I posted that Cap but I was wrong, they do sell buds.. I did get an 1/8 of 'A5' (???) for $21 w vet discount.. taste is not bad, better than brick weed. Will it keep me from growing it?? I dont think so, one of my favorite life things is the opening of the tent and inhaling that AROMA of fresh, almost ready to be harvested, bud. Wish there was a commercial perfume that had that smell.

Just picked up some GSC, Gorilla Grapes, and LA Confidential flower.

~$50 1/8s but pretty good quality and THC contents ~ 22% for all of them except for the Cookies which was lower for some reason...

grayeyes

Swamp,

Remember although prices may be much cheaper in CA you still have to get it home. In order to do that you may think about an airplane. Now you are talking federal jurisdiction.

And the Feds still have it in the "illegal" column.

Got a closet?

Drewsif

Just picked up some GSC, Gorilla Grapes, and LA Confidential flower.

~$50 1/8s but pretty good quality and THC contents ~ 22% for all of them except for the Cookies which was lower for some reason...

An entry over 22% thc has never won a Emerald Cup. I think most winners are in the teens.

When will potheads stop believing thc = potency? Picking and choosing what corporate commercial government propaganda to cling to...

Im'One

Oklahoma's law permits 6 flowering plants and 6 seedlings grown behind a fence. Our med card is 250 with discount for medicare patients. Dispensary weed is nasty and overfertilzes costs about 15 to 20 per gram. Some places are cutting deals now in a race to the bottom. Dispensaries are not limited nor is proximity to dispensary for growers. I bought everything to grow mine at a local farms store including the soils. My first grow was Lebanese landrace and produces little because of my inexperienced style but the smoke was awesome and I know I will never rely in a dispensary again if at all possible.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that Florida has the some of the worst Medical Laws.

Can’t even grow your own?!

I think there is a Bill out for a Medical Growing provision, but I’m not sure and I doubt they will let it pass.

Like I said, the dispensary quality is decent to good. They definitely rush it out which means it’s probably picked early and not cured sufficiently. Most of what I’ve gotten has burned pretty cleanly though leaving mostly white ash.