What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When to start nutes

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Good question friend. It mainly depends on the starting ppm amount in each soil mix. An example is when using Fox farms the ppm is 4000 compared to Pro mix HP which is only 330 ppm. So the best way to answer is to do a pour thur and check the EC or ppm and when it drops below 150 ppm it's time to start the fertilizer.

The very best answer is to make sure you get yourself an EC or TDS meter catch the run-off and test it from the beginning to the end.

trixP

Good question friend. It mainly depends on the starting ppm amount in each soil mix. An example is when using Fox farms the ppm is 4000 compared to Pro mix HP which is only 330 ppm. So the best way to answer is to do a pour thur and check the EC or ppm and when it drops below 150 ppm it's time to start the fertilizer.

The very best answer is to make sure you get yourself an EC or TDS meter catch the run-off and test it from the beginning to the end.
Great. Info thank you

Got all that stuff

Mesures my promix hp didn’t know they 5.8/9 stock though my blue lab soil pen was broken lol rlly though would be minimum 6.5

trixP

So did a quick run off probably shouldn’t have used both to run off…. Got a crazy high number… specially when I use ro and it reads zero literally and from the tap it’s 20ppm

I will re read with my pulse as soon as I get some fresh batts

420PyRoS

When you guys start the nutes ???

First 2 weeks water ???
I'm horrible for exact times etc but soon as my seedlings pop a good couple roots out the bottom of my rockwool\rapid rooter cubes it's ready for transplant into seedling soil and it gets its first very, very light nutrient drink. I want to say about a week and half but it all depends on their vigor for me I guess. The cotyledons turning yellow will give you a very early glimpse if she gets too hungry also. They usually go regardless at some point but it's a good early indicator.

trixP

I'm horrible for exact times etc but soon as my seedlings pop a good couple roots out the bottom of my rockwool\rapid rooter cubes it's ready for transplant into seedling soil and it gets its first very, very light nutrient drink. I want to say about a week and half but it all depends on their vigor for me I guess. The cotyledons turning yellow will give you a very early glimpse if she gets too hungry also. They usually go regardless at some point but it's a good early indicator.
Great advice !

The girls today

Next watering we are going to go light on the nutes as they still are hydrated

Attachments

• IMG_3711.jpeg
    IMG_3711.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
First two weeks of veg then water only ,,,
Then if needed. ( strain dependant ) 10ml of Bio Veg/ Grow per 10ltr of water up until bloom,,
Then 10ml of Bio Veg along with bloom nutes until flush begins at around week7,,,,
medium is Bio Bizz All Mix,,,,,,
peace n regards ✌️

trixP

I’m going synth I also have some Gaia a friend gave me should I could do both I was thinking one each as I only have twins

I’m on day 10since they sprouted iirc 2-3 once I put them in the cups

When should I ph my water ??

My water is already purified clearly by the town as it is stupid low ppm once I ro it it literally reads zero however the ph I find it high like in the 9’s

Anyway when should I start ph’in

420PyRoS

I’m going synth I also have some Gaia a friend gave me should I could do both I was thinking one each as I only have twins

I’m on day 10since they sprouted iirc 2-3 once I put them in the cups

When should I ph my water ??

My water is already purified clearly by the town as it is stupid low ppm once I ro it it literally reads zero however the ph I find it high like in the 9’s

Anyway when should I start ph’in
Always ph at all times.

I don't want to argue ppm but it's worthless really. Just a formula calculation used off of EC readings. I mean you can use it if it seems more understanding I suppose but it's just an unneeded step. There's no way to know exact ppm. EC is actual reading/measurement.

I don't think I've ever bothered with EC either to be honest. Just don't over feed and keep your input PH in check.

Keep it simple if you're new.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts