What's new

When SalesForce collapses, What Will they Do with Salesforce Tower ?

St. Phatty

I was looking for content creation tools and even stopped by the Salesforce.com website to see if they have content creation tools.

Well, apparently salespeople don't sketch much, and if they do, they use Adobe and Autodesk products, not Salesforce.

I think that is a MASSIVE fvcking oversight but so be it.

Did you know - Salesforce, a company mature enough to have its own skyscraper, has a PE of 160 ?

That is a PE that is normally reserved for companies with sky-high growth opportunity.

I think we are at Peak Salesforce ... which means it's nowhere but DOWN for this behemoth.

When the stock market corrects and Salesforce's PE is 20, will they still be able to afford that BIIIIG building ?

I am thinking ahead. SF has this big homeless problem. Why not put an outside elevator on the Salesforce building, and let the homeless people have the top floors ?

It would be like Planet of the Apes 4. The homeless could be declared a native species, so when rich people move into condo's on the penthouse floors, they can't disturb the homeless roosting on the balcony, like spotted owls.

Damn, I'm ready to be Mayor ! of LSD-stan. :woohoo:

St. Phatty

What's PE?

Physical education or penis envy?

Wait nobody wants 160 penises.

Penii?

Oh Sorry

Price Earnings ratio.

Look at the historical PE for companies like GE or Microsoft.

Microsoft's current PE is 51.

Why should SalesForce's earnings be valued higher than Microsoft's ?

Actually, a PE ratio of 51 is very high for a mature company like Microsoft.

It implies that their earnings will increase 100%+.

Maybe in connection with hyperinflation.

Brother Nature

The answer is in the clouds man...

Seriously though, the perceived potential and value of their cloud technology is why they are doing so well. They're the dominant force in the largest growth sector of the fastest growing sector in the tech industry. Silicon Valley is all about speculation. It's likely Microsoft or Oracle or another tech giant will snatch them up rather soon.

As for the tower itself, i think it's possible Marc Benioff has compensation issues. ;)

St. Phatty

so it's a good sell position is what you are saying?

No. That would be like betting against the NASDAQ in 1998 because you saw the bubble.

The bubble stock market obviously helps people to believe that the economy is "strong".

AKA "MOPE", Management of Perceptions Economics.

Personally I like it when markets are honest and people are honest.

So obviously I was born on the wrong planet.