What's new

When new growth comes in pale light green, without a nutrient deficiency, what can be the cause?

Rtaym22224

They are fairly young 12” plants in small containers. I see at least an inch and a half of growth every day but it’s coming in a pale green instead of dark green. It doesn’t need to be fed I just fed and watered it.

Should I turn the lights down/dim? I’ve had it under a 760w 48x48” led grow light running at 65% power. Top of canopy approx 675 PAR
37AC5C9C-71E0-45E6-B85D-A79DC9BAC24D.jpeg

Last edited:

Rtaym22224

one question, I am running co2 and I’ve read with co2 higher temps are possible. My humidity lights on averages 52%.

Anything above 74 degrees puts my vpd way too high.

Is this ok with co2 being added? Keeping temps from 74-80 with 1400ppm co2 in a controller and humidity at 52 i dont want to raise it. Does co2, it somehow make a high vpd effective?

xet

one question, I am running co2 and I’ve read with co2 higher temps are possible. My humidity lights on averages 52%.

Is this ok with co2 being added? Keeping temps from 74-80 with 1400ppm co2 in a controller and humidity at 52 i dont want to raise it. Does co2, it somehow make a high vpd effective?
I don't know

Rtaym22224

Change in pH, too much light or too hot?
These are 3-4 week old clones in their original 4x4” grow pots. They were under fluorescents when I bought them. I immediately put them under 500 watts of my led light at around 675PAR at top of canopy

I’m thinking I didn’t let the par build up gradually and they’re being affected by too much light. No ph issues as I ph correct my water and nutes. Ec tds too

My temps are always 74 or below

I have an h300 evaporative humidifier coming tomorrow that I will use to increase humidity in my grow room to 68-70% during veg I plan to veg minimum three months. This will allow normal vpd at higher temps working with my co2

And in a gorilla grow tent I am able to maintain 1400ppm co2 almost all 18 hours the lights are on. I do have to run a higher flow more often because of leakage, but works good enough and a 20lb tank lasts me approx 21 days

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran

No! CO2 would make it more efficient in a good environment, basically boosting their metabolism a bit. CO2 is the last bit I would add, keeping proper VPD does more for the plants and yeld than adding CO2. To me, 52% RH is the minimum a plant should ever encounter, at the end of flowering when buds are big and compact. So I would try to raise that a bit first.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When a plant has plenty of nutrients and turns lime to yellow at the growing shoots it means the pH is high. When the pH is lower the leaves will be a darker green. In some cases using tap water will cause the ph to rise too. Just keep it steady and she will spring back easy without much to worry about. 😎

Rtaym22224

When a plant has plenty of nutrients and turns lime to yellow at the growing shoots it means the pH is high. When the pH is lower the leaves will be a darker green. In some cases using tap water will cause the ph to rise too. Just keep it steady and she will spring back easy without much to worry about. 😎
Thank you I will dial in ph better and test my soil ph

Rtaym22224

No! CO2 would make it more efficient in a good environment, basically boosting their metabolism a bit. CO2 is the last bit I would add, keeping proper VPD does more for the plants and yeld than adding CO2. To me, 52% RH is the minimum a plant should ever encounter, at the end of flowering when buds are big and compact. So I would try to raise that a bit first.
I appreciate this

Latest posts

Latest posts