What's new

What’s wrong with this plant?

Rtaym22224

Same strap as all the others I’m growing just one plant looks under the weather this one in the photo
7A3ED18D-3D2C-424C-A811-5B9FDD342755.jpeg

I have been using soil with perlite and clay pebbles in grow bags and I feed lightly every watering with fox farm grow big, superthrive, and I mix a lot of bat guano into my soil mix.

Did this 15” plant just need a bigger pot? It just came out of like a 5”x5” plastic pot

Temps with lights on in tent around 79 with no fans, at night 68-70. Humidity is sitting around 43-50%.

Plants have airflow from an oscillating fan on them all the time.

Correcting for ph also. Don’t have an ec meter. Do I need one?

pjlive

250 PAR is very low for that size plant. That might be at least one of the issues. You mention it was already bound in the previous container -- so it's going to need at least some time to recover.

There's no way of knowing just how "hot" your soil is with nutrients. Typically with soil mixes, if you bought one pre-mixed with nutrients already in it, you can go a good month or more with no nutes added. After that, following the schedule and ratios of the soil appropriate nutrients of your choice is ok to do, but you also need to factor in your amendments. For example, you mention you've used guano, so you know there's going to be at least a higher concentration of Nitrogen in the soil right from the get-go. Pre added elemental concentrations in your soil can produce toxicities if you're not careful with how and how much nutrients are added later on.

Overall, in addition to the stress and possible nutrient lockouts from being root-bound, there might be a pH issue going on. If it's me, I'd focus on the lighting, see if I can get the temp down a little lower, closer to 77, balance the pot with pH'd water (no more nutes for just a bit) for a while after good enough drying periods, be sure my pH meter is calibrated properly, and that I'm delivering the right amount of the right nutrients for my media to the plant.

Your plant is not too far off. It can definitely recover and produce well.

There are many others here who are better at diagnostics and solutions than me, so stay tuned to see if someone else jumps in with advice.

Good luck!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
No real problem the plant just needed up-potting into a larger container. Just give it some time to grow in the new larger transplanted container. It takes some time for a plant to fill up the new larger container, so be patient. . No need to fertilize new soil, so just give the plant water only for a while and drop the light a little lower. She will perk up. 😎