What's new

What's wrong with my plants?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Here are side pics of the three plants in the tent.
The first two pics shows one of the leaves turning yellower in only a couple days from when I first posted pics. NOTE: The fan in the pics has been turned off for several days after someone here on ICMag told me to turn it off.
The first thing I would do is give them a very light feeding with high nitrogen (a maximum of 0.5 EC or 250 PPM), just so the plant has some nitrogen available in liquid form. Especially when it goes into flowering it and is expanding/growing it's flowers, it needs more nitrogen. Nitrogen is the growth nutrient.

The plant will do just fine.

You can also remove some of the growth of the lower buds and the weakest branches growing to the inside of the plant. That way more energy will go to he buds closer to the light on the strongest branches.

ReprobateMind

So I found that I have a fungus gnat infestation. I mixed this soil and cooked it outside. I think that's how they got in and the over-watering is what caused the infestation. If I order nematodes I think they will freeze in transit because it's below freezing here. I will try Mosquito Bits, Diatomaceous Earth, sticky traps, turning the light intensity way down, and letting the soil completely dry out before I water it each time unless someone has some other suggestions.

linde

That's a lot of work with your soil. Not sure there are any real benefits going that route. Next crop I would try a more simple approach. Buy a bail of promix and be done. All you do is water it and get great results. I've tried organic this and that over the years but always end up going back to the basics. Remember it is just a weed. Less is more sometimes. Each to their own.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
That's a lot of work with your soil. Not sure there are any real benefits going that route. Next crop I would try a more simple approach. Buy a bail of promix and be done. All you do is water it and get great results. I've tried organic this and that over the years but always end up going back to the basics. Remember it is just a weed. Less is more sometimes. Each to their own.
This is the best advice you'll get here.

Your plants looks fine. Leaves are reservoirs of nutrients for your plants and they need a lot of energy to grow flowers or fruits, to survive plants will use the most close source available of elements, when the main stem can't deliver it because your soil is dry (or locked by excess or lack of some nutrients) the next leave will die to help your buds keep growing.

Pay attention to your watering schedule and techniques. The soil must be moist, not wet and not dry. Stuck your fingers in the soil is not a technique. Get an automated system if u can afford, so your plants will never stop eating. Otherwise just read a little about it, it's crucial.

ReprobateMind

Just an update on Day 58. They're doing alright and I think they'll make it.

Still learning growing with LEDs. I think I light burned them and they need a lot more food than growing under other lights. I don't control CO2, humidity, or temperature. Maybe that is one reason why I've been having issues.

Can I use Azomite and Gypsum in my soil or can I use just one? I think my soil mix needs silica and sulfur.

Attachments

• IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1509.JPG
    IMG_1509.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1518.JPG
    IMG_1518.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1519.JPG
    IMG_1519.JPG