What's new

what's up with BBQ joints?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Always own up to what you own and pay Caesar his due (for the lack of a better word), when you can :)
this is so true, and so ignored. there is a book out on the (sore) subject of black pit masters not getting the credit they have coming for spreading the gospel of pit barbecue around this country. their years of work, experience, and recipes are commonly stolen & claimed by others and money made from it at white-owned businesses. more cultural appropriation at work to the true sources detriment...:frown:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
My wife told me in 2003 the greatest disappointment in life is humanity itself. No truer words were spoken. Although at the time I did think she might have been a brick short of a full load. Oh, Lord was I ever wrong. Just turn on the TV and find out. :frown:

shithawk420

Veteran
anyone here besides me that has experienced Rodney Scotts barbecue in Charleston SC ? the man has smoke in his blood! last vacation i took, we drove from Georgia up to Charleston to eat lunch. fuck me, it was amazing...:yummy:🐖👌
Hey if your ever back in GA check out Sprayberry.i think it's in Newnan.i can't remember it was over 20 years ago but it's the bees knees

Betterhaff

Veteran
There's this place in downtown Ft Worth, I think it's Baily's. A joint nestled between tall buildings with the post office across the street, the jail, marshalls, and rangers right there too. Must have been a grandfather thing because it's hard to believe it's still there.

It's basically carry out and all cash (or was, haven't been there in a while). Only open for lunch and there's a line. Pork and brisket.

And it's good good...go here every time in town. I'll try and dig up a pic.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i feel sorta odd saying this, but...i've never eaten (nor even seen) "burnt ends" for sale. is there a secret handshake or code you gotta know or something? :dunno: i feel like i've been handed the shitty end of the stick here...:frown:

Three Berries

I use to get a pastrami and fries for a deli across the street from the union office when I had work to do there. They would give you enough pastrami for three meals on one sandwich and the fries were a huge paper bag full all for under $4

Only thing odd about the place was obvious immigrants and a phone bank of about 10 telephones. Had to be some sort of bookies back in the day.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Small apartment, but la parrilla will never fail.
Sausage, picaña (Uruguayan cut), pork panceta (Brazilian cut).

1000008656.jpg