What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's The Oldest Clone in Your Stable?

THC123

Veteran
It used to be ag13 but I lost her :( :(. Now the oldest clone I have is a positronics haze from the 90's and NLX. I lost my best moms over the last 2 years :( :(

Pro Headies

Veteran
Silver Jones that I made in 2007-8. Was made from a SSSDH silver haze dominant keeper crossed with the most Casey leaning Chemmy Jones male I could find. She's been known to make you remember the first time you got HIGH but take her one or two days to long to harvest and she's straight nap time. Here's a old not so great pic of her from 2014 i have in my album. She also is the beast/best at making concentrates, she can produce triple the amount of most other plants. Flavor wise reminds me of teaberry crossed with sprite soda.

Jim Rockford

Veteran
Original DJ Blueberry from probably 15 years ago. This thing called the Hop Latent Viroid killed em all including it! Fun rebuilding the keepers is the positive way to look at it. Forcing me to start all these old seeds laying around.

Veggia farmer

Been growing mostly outdoors from seeds or indoors from seed, but now I have a lovely lady Grand daddy X Banana OG pluss something else, made by a friend of a friend. I got four seeds from my friend. Made more seed too. She is now almost two years old, still a young mother:)

But, she has been neglected under some periods, so last time I flowered her, she got a little hermie tendency. Not sure if it was because of the flower room or in the veg room. But if it happened in the veg room, is it possible to get her back in health to once again produce cuttings that do not show hermie tendency?

Will probably give her a vacation in sun and outdoor soil this summer ...

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
In my limited experience plants growing in dirt under the sun do much better with less care than either indoors under lights or inert media. If I attempt to give a hundred reasons or instructions how to prevent and/or address problems, it would be a long list, compared to generally simple advice of soil and water and sun. The plants thrive under neglect, whereas container plants sometimes look pitiful at best while being dependent upon attention. With enough plants I've tested recently my skill is less important than the lesson or observation. There are missing details for example how is each variety of the fifty different plants when there is only one of each, some may not make it to harvest. This run will not show statistically a verified smoke report on all fifty, nor will it say with certainty which of the fifty are any good or particularly poor at growing in this climate especially the varieties that die. There are valuable lessons learned. Mixed dirt under the sun and the plants took off several feet in height. Indoors in coco under fluorescent lights the plants stayed the same size or died, provided I was not feeding them appropriately. There are specific indoor cannabis pests, that aren't as prevalent outdoors. Outside there are other pests like slugs and caterpillars (moths). Economically practically speaking sunlight is more friendly and pest management is continuous. Starting to digress but one set up of a sterile indoor room with climate control, that is expensive to run and you can almost sleep through the entire grow it is automatic never mind about the quality of the produce. Under the sun it is good to be out there with the plants, while it is still possible to be fairly pest free with a clean ground and raised beds and mulch etc. Shovel is not like credit card.

G

I have to ask you guys who have cuts several years old or more IS THAT THE ORIGINAL PLANT or cuts of the original ? Disclaimer is I do bonsai moms in 5" square pots. My oldest cut of Headbanger is about a year and a half and while the top still does well I kind of feel like she is trying to tell me to let her go. I did the trick of pulling her out and trimming it back and adding soil which made a big diff, I have a back up of this one about 6 months younger thats also trying to wind down. Plenty of top branches for more cuts but I had a goal of trying to see how long I could keep them going without just starting new cuts and discarding. Its my first mom and l am kind of sad if I have to start new and discard. Maybe if I had room to put them in bigger pots it would matter. I am about saving the genetics of the handful of moms I have though for down the road. I keep 2 of each just to stay safe to preserve what I have.

Only one white whale to catch yet. Someday.

MrBungle

I had to revive my Super Silver Haze.. I had a few generations that weren't performing well... so I took some very hardy cuts, and babied the hell out of them, and now all her vigor is back... I've had her since 08

OleElkie

Tal, I still have some of those bweed crosses you sent me back around 2002...i remember that peaches cut from the CW boards but i dont remember who found it...

Happy Times

I have to ask you guys who have cuts several years old or more IS THAT THE ORIGINAL PLANT or cuts of the original ? Disclaimer is I do bonsai moms in 5" square pots. My oldest cut of Headbanger is about a year and a half and while the top still does well I kind of feel like she is trying to tell me to let her go. I did the trick of pulling her out and trimming it back and adding soil which made a big diff, I have a back up of this one about 6 months younger thats also trying to wind down. Plenty of top branches for more cuts but I had a goal of trying to see how long I could keep them going without just starting new cuts and discarding. Its my first mom and l am kind of sad if I have to start new and discard. Maybe if I had room to put them in bigger pots it would matter. I am about saving the genetics of the handful of moms I have though for down the road. I keep 2 of each just to stay safe to preserve what I have.

Only one white whale to catch yet. Someday.

Yeah I was wondering about root pruning and how it relates to keeping moms going.

A buddy has a really nice Platinum Huckleberry Cookies (Dynasty) mom going but one issue is that she’s always wanting to flower, we were guessing this is more pronounced when rootbound.

highsteppa

Veteran
bluberry stretch indica and sensi silver haze are prob my oldest cuts, possibly the piney NL too. It prob is common knowledge, but getting your moms out in the sun over the summer will keep them strong

T

TakenByTheSky

bluberry stretch indica and sensi silver haze are prob my oldest cuts, possibly the piney NL too. It prob is common knowledge, but getting your moms out in the sun over the summer will keep them strong

Do you have any pictures of that silver haze?

The oldest one I have currently is sweet pink grapefruit I'd say.

TPFTFW

Veteran

I wanna see that NL!

little-soldier

Nice to see folks keeping moms for such a long time. I wish I had access to the old jack herer, bubblegum and trainwreck. Everything is so watered down now with all these millions of crosses. Not to mention how the feminised market has screwed things up even more. Plants were much more stable back then. There were also less pollen chuckers back then. Breeders were really working hard on their strains. Now Its all about the fast and easy benjamins crazies.

Cactus Squatter

A 9 year old selection of a Mango Haze x St Lucian we called Vertigo. Lost her due to an emergency “keep at a friends house temporarily” situation and it turns out he can’t keep plants alive for shit.

Man do I ever miss her. No ceiling, incredible power and an amazing floating feel until you pushed it too far and learned why she got her name.

Tgun

[QUOTE Mr greengenes

It is hard to keep cuts alive for years. Those of us who have are displaying good growing skills no doubt. My advice is don't try to do it alone. Don't keep all your eggs in one basket, spread those cuts far and wide! That way, when the inevitable happens, and it WILL, you can get the cut back from your friends.
[/QUOTE]
100% we had Deathstar for nearly 10 yrs and the reason we kept that and others as long as we had was 3 friends sharing clones and trading back and forth. Works for seeds too lol. We all had disasters at different times and needed to be restocked by one of us. Bugs, illness,, kids and divorces etc.. We shared lots bit we wanted someone who was at least serious about growing/ medicine /gardening in general.
. One of us has an f4 of the closest thing to D* he could find and we have a few other generations of seeds to look through if needed. it was the most popular by many votes but I let my last cut from seed go last year to play with some new things.. ill get back to it but I'm really happy I've now had and have more chances for some other plants including cbds and some older strain seeds we have to start..

Latest posts

Latest posts