What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the difference in Dab quality Bubble hash rosin vs flower rosin ?

So I am currently enjoying the heck out of my Dab Press 10 ton Rosin press, I have been pressing flower exclusively and have fallen in love with the product, taste and potency is over the top. Now I am wondering what the difference in product experience would be if I converted my bud to bubble hash before I pressed it into rosin ? does it carry as much flavour ? how about production ? in theory I could see it producing better as I find the press is only good for pressing premium material, the returns and quality drop quickly once you start processing the lower grade trim and shake .

Have any of you here done a back to back flower press and then bubble hash/rosin press of the same material ?

I will purchase a bubble hash setup in the next few weeks and will do a back to back test of this and will report back on what I find. My hope is that the bubble hash process produces a much higher volume of equally tasty rosin as does pressing flower but with less overall work.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
So after buying a 3 ton bench press I squisheed some bud and needing a way to consume I got a single coil pen at the local hippie store. To me using that thing the squeezin's taste funny, especially after the first hit. I think the waxes are also going up in smoke and that they taste bad. I suspect that bubble hash, with fine enough mesh so no waxes would pass - full melt - would taste a lot better.

I need to get a crucible and torch setup before my mind is made up.

I hope that helps...

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
i do both, i squish my nice fat top buds, and i make bubble with the lower buds and trim, and squish that(btw my bubble game went way up with the use of a bubble washing machine, never will i use a drill again) the yield is more from bubble for sure, but top buds being squished are by far the best to smoke imo.

here is a pic of some of the rosin i made with my strawberry diesel like 5 years ago or so. you can make it come out dif, temp and how hard you squish, how fresh/old the product is, all play a roll in how it comes out.

i do both, i squish my nice fat top buds, and i make bubble with the lower buds and trim, and squish that(btw my bubble game went way up with the use of a bubble washing machine, never will i use a drill again) the yield is more from bubble for sure, but top buds being squished are by far the best to smoke imo.

here is a pic of some of the rosin i made with my strawberry diesel like 5 years ago or so. you can make it come out dif, temp and how hard you squish, how fresh/old the product is, all play a roll in how it comes out.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62083&pictureid=1572444&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

So If i was to process 1oz premium bud both ways , 1 by pressing, the other by making bubble hash first then pressing... what Would you think the differences would be ? or would there be any ?

prune

Veteran
the real crux of this matter is that the bubble process loses all the micro trichome heads and all the goodness contained in those tiny spheres.

pressing, (especially warm pressing) has the opportunity to extract flavor and potency from all three types of trichomes. if the bud is good and tasty, don't throw all that out with the (proverbial) bathwater.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
the real crux of this matter is that the bubble process loses all the micro trichome heads and all the goodness contained in those tiny spheres.

pressing, (especially warm pressing) has the opportunity to extract flavor and potency from all three types of trichomes. if the bud is good and tasty, don't throw all that out with the (proverbial) bathwater.

what he said..squishing the buds will carry the most terps, so stronger flavor and stronger smell, better quality. bubble hash squishing is better for bulk processing imo. or for popcorn/trim

i squish the tops for quality, and bubble the rest and squish that for the ease of it.

Latest posts

Latest posts