What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats that bug ??...Find out inhere !!

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello IC…
2day i decided to try and make a sticky….i’ve seen plenty of people with Bug problems, running around in the infirmary, looking to identify there bug.
We all know there are so many species of bug ,and some attack out beloved plant, but they do so only In order for there survival….
But this thread is not eliminate bugs...but in order to kill'm ,you do want to be able to identify them asap !
so i came up with the idea of making a list of bugs…..that roam the earth and plants....Nway i found a great site that list many bugs...with pic samples !!so this gave me the idea for making this thread..…i will not take there pics from there site but i’ll link you to it….i know about outside links but this is for the greater good…(and i don’t want any copywrights laws to be broken)……just to be on the safe side….lol
Insteade i will list them and link you to the diffrent bugs they listed...this is also will be very usefull for outdoor croppers !!

Amphibians
Ants
Antilions
Antilion 2
Aphids
Aphids and scales 2
Aquatic true bugs
Assassin Bugs
Assassin 2
Assassin 3
Bagworm
Bedbug
Bees
Bees 2
Beetles
Beetles 2
Beetles 3
Beetles 4
Beetles 5
Beetles 6
Beetles 7
Beetles 8
Beetles 9
Black Widow Spider
Black witch
Booklice
Bryozoans
Butterflies
Butterflies 2
Butterflies 3
Butterflies 4
Butterflies 5
Caddisflies
Carpetbeetle
Casebearers
Caterpillars
Caterpillars 2
Caterpillars 3
Caterpillars 4
Carepillars 5
Caterpillars 6
Caterpillars 7
Caterpillars 8
Caterpillars 9
Caterpillars 10
Caterpillars 11
Caterpillars 12
Caterpillars 13
Cantipedes
Cantipedes 2
Chiggers
Cicades
Cicades 2
Cicade killer wasp
Clothes moths
Cockroach
Cockroach 2
Crane fly
Crayfish
Crickets
Crickets 2
Daddy-long-legs AKA Harvestman
Dobsonfly
Dobsonfly 2
Dragonflies
Dragonflies 2
Earwings
Flies
Flies 2
Flies 3
Flies 4
Galls
Gnats
Grasshopper
Grasshopeers 2
Grigs
Grubs
Hellgrammite
Horntails
Hummingbird moths
Ichneumons
Ichneumons 2
iguanas
Katydid
Katydids 2
Laybugs
Ladybugs 2
Lacewing
Leavehoppers
Lice
Luna moth
Maggots
Mayflies
Mealy bugs
Millipedes
Mites
Mites 2
Mosquito
Moths general
Moth silkworms
Potato Bug
Praying Mantis
praying Mantis 2
Psuedoscorpion
Robberfly
Robberfly 2
Salamander
Sawflies
Scorpionflies
Scorpions
Silverfish
Slugs
Snakeflies
Spiders
Springtails
Stinkbugs
Stoneflies
Sunspider
Termites
Thrips
Ticks
Tomato bugs
Treehoppers
True bugs
True bugs 2
True bugs 3
True Bugs 4
True bugs 5
True bugs 6
Valley Carpenter bee
Velvet Ants
Walking Sticks
Wasps
Wasps 2
Wasps 3
Wasps 4
Wasp 5
Webspinners
Weevils
Weevils 2
White flies
Worms

Most of these critters are considerd a pest...but to there defence...not all insects are bad for your garden...just the opposit...i realy don't know much about these animals myself.... but it shure will be more easy to find them :now :wink: hope you like the idea :D

if you ever have doubts go to this site there is a possebillety to send in your insect/critter/animal ... :muahaha:

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/index.html

OMFG ITS ALREAD PAST MIDDAY :yoinks:...i'm out now :joint:

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Great thread, should be stickied, very helpful information, there's not too much about bugs in the stickies.

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thx Bounty...maybe i should highlight the common pests we have in our gardens...that will make it more easy ....ohw and i hope you get you're little suckers !

Last edited:

Dr. G

so i just read about the mites and red mites are good mites?

i found one big red mite it was pretty big and cant find another one but need to know if i should take drastic measures i got some plants that are 3-4 weeks in flower and i dont know if i wanna use avid

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Hey Core..nice thread brother, looks like you got some free time on ur hands..LOL!!I have seen some of those tiny little red spider mites a few times in my soil, but never on the plants...theyve never given me a problem...anyhow, see ya bro, I just planted all ur beans in soil......Peace

- Z

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thx guys...maybe you can try and PM a moderator...they decide if its worthy of being a sticky or not :smile:

C

cellardweller

Hi Core! Great thread!
I looked and looked but I couldnt find it..

any ideas anyone?
~cd

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
CD thats a wasp or a hornet man, theyre predators and eat caterpillars and a couple other bugs but they will also sting and bightcha, they can sting more than once too, unlike bees that leave the stinger in ya and die afterwards.

C

cellardweller

I'm sorry guys, but that's in the ant family..I looked really hard @ google and Core's thread..s'not a wasp. I am at a standstill here..talked to one of the prof's @ URI and even he said " Well I'm not sure what it is . but it's an ant or in the same family"
when I had it on my hand it wasnt trying to sting me like a wasp would ...it was just sittin there.then I smushed it.hmmm?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
CD thats a BABY wasp yo... they look a lot like ants, I think they may be related...