What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats next for the 32/60/99 215 outdoor grows?

Zarezhu

Anybody think they're gonna be fairly lenient, even MORESO lenient, with the prop 215 medium/larger sized backyard grows? Considering people understand its recreationally legal now, and may potentially be less willing to complain/snitch?

Or do people feel that the state will make a huge effort to chop all grows larger than 6 plants?

I personally think it would be unreasonable for them to chop everyone; they are obligated to act when there has been a complaint though.

Ideally, 2017 stays pretty lenient for us 215 growers. I'd understand if they enforced the 6 plant rule in the future, 2018+

Hopefully they leave us alone, eh.

Last few years, outdoor growing has been banned in my county, BUT everybody I know continued growing 30-60 plants, and hasn't had an issue in the last few years.

I'm starting a new outdoor spot, 60 plants in a 40x90, in a third of an acre backyard. 3 Neighbors, just hoping they don't have an issue. I figure I'll try to make the investment smaller, in case they decide to chop every motherfucker around.

cryptop

I keep hearing conflicting reports like, prop 215 is done and the only opportunities for 2017 are new temporary ordinances based off MCRSA... on the other hand from others I hear 215 is all good for 2017. Considering I hear both of these from people who work in local governments, hard to tell what's actually going to happen. Hopefully they clear it up next month?

MedResearcher

Veteran
Imo, the new state regulation agency or whatever they are gonna call it won't be up and running for 2017. As well the state fines that they will let the county collect 80% of if they enforce it, wont be in either.

So it will come down to a local code enforcement thing. So depending on your area and how much money they can/want to spend. Some counties shut down almost everything, while others just scratch the surface.

Our county, is selling some permits, and using the funds to do more code enforcement. I expect to see more gardens than ever, but also more will be code violated than ever to.

Lower investment is maybe a good idea, also if possible smaller multiple plots/location. Think typically they target the largest, most complained about it first.

Mr^^

FreedomGrower

Veteran
OK, here's the latest list of #Prop64bans passed or underconsideraton (up to 67). Let me know if I've missed or messed up anything. More at: http://www.canorml.org/prop64bans.xlsx
American Canyon
Anderson
Antioch
Arvin
Berkeley
Blue Lake
Brea
Buena Park
Burlingame
Calistoga
Camarillo
Campbell
Canyon Lake
Cathedral City
City of Industry
Clovis
Colton
Davis
El Cajon
Eureka
Fillmore
Foster City
Hayward
Healdsburg
Hemet
Imperial Beach
Kern County
Kings County
Lemon Grove
Los Banos
Madera County
Martinez
Marin County
Montebello
National City
Novato
Ontario
Palo Alto
Petaluma
Pismo
Placerville
Poway
Redondo Beach
Riverside (City)
San Bruno
San Diego
San Jacinto
San Jose
San Juan Capistrano
San Marcos
San Mateo (City)
San Mateo (County)
Santa Barbara
Santa Cruz
Santee
Shasta Lake
Sierra County
Simi Valley
Solano County
Sonoma (City)
South Pasadena
Tehachipi
Tuolumne
Walnut Creek
West Sacramento
Windsor
Woodland

trippn

We still have 1 season before shit gets serious I think... Then we will see if we can even renew our cards or not...

People with land; split it into as many parcels as you can haha. more residences = more plants.

cryptop

OK, here's the latest list of #Prop64bans passed or underconsideraton (up to 67). Let me know if I've missed or messed up anything. More at: http://www.canorml.org/prop64bans.xlsx
American Canyon
Anderson
Antioch
Arvin
Berkeley
Blue Lake
Brea
Buena Park
Burlingame
Calistoga
Camarillo
Campbell
Canyon Lake
Cathedral City
City of Industry
Clovis
Colton
Davis
El Cajon
Eureka
Fillmore
Foster City
Hayward
Healdsburg
Hemet
Imperial Beach
Kern County
Kings County
Lemon Grove
Los Banos
Madera County
Martinez
Marin County
Montebello
National City
Novato
Ontario
Palo Alto
Petaluma
Pismo
Placerville
Poway
Redondo Beach
Riverside (City)
San Bruno
San Diego
San Jacinto
San Jose
San Juan Capistrano
San Marcos
San Mateo (City)
San Mateo (County)
Santa Barbara
Santa Cruz
Santee
Shasta Lake
Sierra County
Simi Valley
Solano County
Sonoma (City)
South Pasadena
Tehachipi
Tuolumne
Walnut Creek
West Sacramento
Windsor
Woodland

Missing Crescent City.

Also does anyone know what will happen with Del Norte county for 2017? At the moment they have a 100sqft limit, right?

DRM Ranch

It'll be nice when growing cannabis is on par with growing sunflowers.

The struggle to find your local rules/laws/direction things are headed is beyond reason.

DRM Ranch

Jackstraw215

sounds like Del Norte is indeed doing the 100sq ft. Seems like theyre very chill about growers though. I even know that a dispensary owner in Crescent City is trying to get the city to allow cultivation to boost the economy. Check out the group "look into cannabis crescent city" if you have Facebook.