What's new

whats given u your best flavour/taste nute wise

ive heard people say of all the things they have ran(chems) that pure blend pro wins out.

im running flora series, wondering what i can do for flavour, i have blackstrap molasses but im not sure if its all its cracked up to be, maybe it is and im set but if any one has something they think makes a diff id luv to learn about it. seems some folks like liquid karma. thx...

i understand organi prob wins in this department but im a chems guy, but post what u want.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it depends on what kind of flavor you're looking for. with a good flush most chem grown herb tastes the way the plant is supposed to. without a good flush there you're limited to the higher quality nutes to still pull out decent flavor.
for my money house and garden or canna are the two best nutes for flavor, good flush or no. general hydro nutes are the worst if you're not gonna flush properly. i call it the 3 part flavor. no bueno.
if you want your 3 part to taste good, you need to flush the heck out of it. 10+ days of straight water depending on the medium. if your don't have that time i would use final flush or clearex in combination with some kind of sweetener. bud candy or sweet are the two i would use, but sparingly.
good luck!

ive toked erb grown on floranova bloom, tasty imo. ive also smoked plenty grown on flora series, not really tasty your right,, i may need to spend some dough.

T

THC_Decapitator

with a good flush I haven't noticed a big difference in flavor with these nutes gh 3 part , flora nova , pure blend pro .

thats good to hear, how long do u flush if u dont mind me asking, one of things i did wrong on my last crop which came out great but as always we can always improve was i didnt have a ph readout and my tap void of nutes was n 8, ill be flushing with brita water at a 6 this time which should help a little.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never noticed any difference in flavor or smell with any nutes, organic or chemical and I use anything and everything in my mixes. If the plants are grown fairly stress free (minimal environmental influence on the phenotype) the smell of the final product will mostly be a result of genetics. That's why when two good growers grow the same clone the results are so similar. If nurture can shape flavor and smell more than nature, it can only be through stress.

thats a really lucid great point, ive heard this before, u ph your water, flush properly and chems n organi taste the same,, that is like u said when two growers grow the same cutting stress free but still with diff methods.

the organi threads have alot of great growers but as much as im into health, organics will never be a religion to me, plants eat ions not bat poop.

A

alpinestar

no matter what grow method used
properly done sugar additives and a decent flush leave buds perfect without the need for a cure after drying

T

THC_Decapitator

I flush for 10 days or so .
Definitely flush with proper ph water . a cheap ph test kit is vital in growing mj .

C

cyberwax

Not really a nute suggestion but the best taste i've had is in soil, as with all fruits and vegetables.

so whats the proper sugar and when, i know enough not to flush with molasses as ive done that n reaped the shit taste already, so with a ten day flush, do u sugar up your girls ten days before u start your flush,,maybe 15?

A

alpinestar

whats perfect is what works right for your plants
but if a starting point is what you want, then about 1 to 2 tsp per gallon once a week. You can increase the amount and rate of use after doing it a few times, but you have to be careful as too much will hurt growth, especially in soil or coco mixes.

molasses will work, but I believe in using a custom mix
techniflora sugar daddy or botanicare sweet
along with a small amount of human urine (1 tsp per gallon of sugar)
and a tsp of thrive alive b1 (red or green doesnt matter), or a fw drops of superthrive
used during veg or flowering transition and beginning of flowering

adding a liter of bcuzz bio-nrg to the mix (the sugar mix not the final nute water mix) helps add more boost, but should really be utilized at around 2 to 3 weeks in

the further into flowering, the less you want to use any urine at all and less superthrive or b1 red

the last month, you should only water them with bloom nutes (dont want any more nitrogen in them), and sugar with p and or k additives

the last two weeks they should get nothing in terms of bloom nutes and the only nutrients should be from those in their media and in them. Sugar additive and pure water should only be used.

some people dont believe in using sugar the last week, some do. ive seen good results from both.

Id suggest making a veg/transition sugar mix, a blooming sugar mix and finishing sugar mix
then add that at that 1 to 2 tsp per gallon of water/nutemix you are using to feed
remember to start low then slowly work you way up, or you could risk stunting or killing you plants

when drying make sure to only remove fan leaves and let the plants dry out hanging to slow down the death process. clip the leaves after 3 days hanging and cut off the buds put them on drying racks to speed up the process

this is what works to create tasty bud that burns well and doesnt need a cure. thats assuming the genetics are good.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Ive grown with several different lines of nutes, and without a good flush & cure, you're not gonna get good tasting weed..Even If it does taste good after a flush, it an taste better & give a better high with a 2-4 wk cure..If it can stay around that long;)

OP

T

theJointedOne

the best flavour out of your plants
ammend your soil with
earth worm castings

use in every other feeding
Guano Tea
Maxicrop

feed well through out the growth cycle and you will have the candy!!!!

organic soil makes the best herb

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cha-Ching .....I had to try it,stuff works great ...makes even mediocre plants secrete tasty essences...If you use too much the plants become greasy with sweet oil of the strain.....

Latest posts

Latest posts