What's new

What would you do with this space?

jasonk

I have a 3' by 2' area with about 4 feet to work with easily in my closet. I want to veg and flower in this same area.Ill be building the cab myself from melamine. The lights i have preferred access to at a hardware store which I plan to use are 42 W CFLs for veg, and 90 and 150W HPS for flowering.

Through the research Ive done and a bit of imagination I have a bit of an idea what I want to do and am wondering if there anyone has a better recocomendation and if anyone does it like this.
I plan to grow each plant individually in the vegging area, to train it, sex it and set up a netting above to scrog, which will be attached to the plants pot. When its ready put the plant pot and all into the flowering cab and flower, along with 3 or 5 sisters at different flowering stage. This way I could easily perpetually scrog one plant at a time about 2-3 weeks apart. Im planning on using 1, maybe 2 of the 42 W CFLs in the veg cab and it would be 1'by1' and beside that I would have the flowering cab 2'by2'. The planter boxes would be custom built to have the scrog screen attached to the box, and would be built to fit a 1' by 1' square. Now realising how much height I have to work with will it be wiser going with another method. Maybe have 2 layers of 2' by 3' scrog, each with 2' of height and only have 2 alternating crops? and a solid scrog netting becuase the plants wont be moved? Maybe put 2 42W cfls and 150W hps in each? Would 2, maybe 2.5 feet be enough height to work with or is that pushing it?

All input is valued. Thanks alot, Jason

vavwl

I use a 250watt HPS in a 2x2x4 area for flowering, I have to use a cool tube to keep the heat a bay however. The two 42W CFLs should be enough to keep a couple mothers and root clones. They won't grow to fast however, which may be an advantage in that small area. I would try and get the whole 4' of height in the flowering box. Make sure you have good ventilation.

I have a similar setup, and I can get 5-7 ounces every ~70 days depending on the strain. Incase you're wondering on potential yield. I grow in soil, so im sure my yield can increase if i do hydroponics.

jasonk

Heres the design I was thinking about first. How does it look. I just need a light proof vent and I think it all would work. Would one larger fan be enough to vent everything?

vavwl

Looks good, you may not need the screen in the veg room though. I would just trim my mothers back before they get to the light.

Latest posts

Latest posts