What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What was your favorite pot from the day?

St. Phatty

Why did the providers of Mexican press brick Mersh, never discover that if they treated their pot good, removed the males, sold sinsemilla - they'd get more money for their Cannabis ?

And lose less to confiscation because it takes up less space ?

Unless the Skunk smell can make it through welded steel containers.

Gry

Don't recall the Mexican cannabis smelling like a skunk .
The smell of the skunk bud did not happen until Sam sold
seeds in the back of High Times.
That fall, the smell of skunk was plentiful. Was like the
skunk population soared once the seeds were available.

St. Phatty

It's even more confusing if there's Skunk growing on the back deck -
AND there's a Skunk living under the house.

Personally I like that combination of smells.

Gry

First year Sam sold his seeds in the back of High Times, the skunk population
exploded in Northern Va area.
Was a wonderful thing, and it was much appreciated.

Gry

Why did the providers of Mexican press brick Mersh, never discover that if they treated their pot good, removed the males, sold sinsemilla - they'd get more money for their Cannabis ?

And lose less to confiscation because it takes up less space ?

Unless the Skunk smell can make it through welded steel containers.
Inherited property in the Reo Gran Valley, and spent summers there as a kid.
Port Manisfield has a neat and kind of unusual history, was owned by the King Ranch, LBJ
used to work the place as a young man. The fishing there was just amazing, the King Ranch,
would let some people to put up places there, and at one time access to it was reserved only for guests of the ranch. My grandfather had a friend who had married into a family that worked
for the ranch and had lived there all his life. In 63, he was 72 years old, Would tell the neatest stories of what life there had been like for him. He said the cannabis in that area was controlled by the Mexican Oil Outfit. Was not until many years later did I learn that the Mexican Oil out fit
was used by Dulles to keep overflow nazis.
Recall a neigbor In Port Manisfield bought a jeep out of the back of a comic book
in 63, was 5o bucks and he paid a couple hundred to bring it down there. came in
wood boxe packed in cosmoline. spent the summer putting it together. Put it on an air boat,
and took it to Paudre island and left it there with the keys in it for his kids and his friends to use.
The thing one did was take a five gallon can over. A storm in 67 got it, Betsy, I think it was
Used to drive down several times a year and see what was to be had, and there
was always the bricked stuff, but there was also generally nicer available that had never
been bricked. Large louse buds wrapped in newspaper or the same construction
type paper the kilos would be wrapped in.
Early to mid seventies, even the standard regular old construction type paper wrapped
kilos was at times pretty damned nice.

George

"Hashplant" in like 2008 or 9. Never smoked or seen anything like it again that had the same effect for me. Who knows if it was really hashplant but it was gas lol. Thats probably my grail. I have lhb, tk, gmo, cakes, etc etc. That old hashplant stomps everything i currently have.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Late 70s to early 80s,,
Lambs-bred,,,Thai stick,,,Malawi ,,
Nepalese temple ball,,Zero Zero,,,blonde Leb,,,Red Leb ( sometimes confused with zero zero) iirc,,,

Gry

Never got experience anything from Nevil, but did enjoy cannabis in several of the same areas in which he travelled.
Been in the sfv for the past 20 years and has been wonderful.

TheUnknownGrowe

80’s - NL #5, Thai stick, RK Skunk
90’s - Merritt Kush, NL5 x Sk1
00’s - Watty Kush, King Hashbud, Parmesan Cheese from bagseed
10’s - Pink Kush, FrankenBerry
20’s - Baker Street from Tweed (Hindu Kush)

Ca++

Until I grew my own, I was never sure what I was smoking. People lie, and in the UK their are limited resources. I think I liked the Albanian, but not a single person ever put that name to it.
As skunk exploded with the sensi seed banks creation, I was able to get get seeds with known names. From those times I liked the sheva's

VenerableHippie

Nowadays I 'm so old and impotent " ... memories are what I cling to". (It is a song, y'know ... obviously written by someone old.)
Not that there's anything wrong with being old. I 'm probably older than you. BUT ... it's all in the attitude. LOOK FORWARD or you'll die soon.

TheDarkStorm

Im not sure sam has ever sold seed through hightimes....One of the companies buying from him my have though.... Unless there is a advert ive never seen... Most of his seed catalogues advertising his seeds are quite well documented...Anyone have any pictures of sacred seed or cultivators choice adds in hightimes ?
I think nevil was one of the first people to advertise seed through hightimes...an hightimes got into a bit of bother with the dea for it....thinking they were involved in a conspiracy with nevil to flood the USA (along with other places) with seeds.

Some nice memories people....keep them coming...

Last edited:

Gry

I do not recall them myself, but recall having read that he did so.
I recall seeing seeing his offering of a hashmaking process under the name
Sadu Sam I think it was.
Recall the first year the seeds were available, it smelled as if the skunk population
had suddenly gone up considerably.

goingrey

Im not sure sam has ever sold seed through hightimes....One of the companies buying from him my have though.... Unless there is a advert ive never seen... Most of his seed catalogues advertising his seeds are quite well documented...Anyone have any pictures of sacred seed or cultivators choice adds in hightimes ?
I think nevil was one of the first people to advertise seed through hightimes...an hightimes got into a bit of bother with the dea for it....thinking they were involved in a conspiracy with nevil to flood the USA (along with other places) with seeds.

Some nice memories people....keep them coming...
All of the issues are online: https://archive.hightimes.com/

Anyone a subscriber?

Reactions: Gry

Blue Rhino

I remember back in high school in the early 80's I got a hold of some joints of Colombian Gold. Jesus I was fried. My buddy and I smoked three of 'em in about 30 minutes during lunch hour. I had biology class next period and we were supposed to be dissecting fetal pigs. The previous day my lab partner was very squeamish about it and told me she didn't wanna do it. I told her it was no problem as it wasn't my first pig dissection.
Well, there was a problem. I learned that day there are some things that normally don't bother me that really freak the hell out of me when I'm really high. I think I can safely say I got a wee bit too high that day.

Then there was High Rise during the "heyday" of BC bud. That stuff was amazeballs. You could smell that shit on someone as far as 20 yards away if you were downwind of them.
Around that same time my boss and his brother were growing some incredible Blueberry. It was sticky, stinky, sweet and got you high AF. And because I was working for him and he was super cool, I got my buds from him at a nice discount.

The best stuff I ever smoked was a one-off I never saw or heard of again called Monkey Paw in the mid-80's. It was an African import and it was undoubtedly the best I've ever smoked. It was $25/g when we were still paying $10 for 6 joints. I rolled 3 little pin sticks and 4 of us got absolutely roasted on just one. The high was comparable to mushrooms. We laughed uproariously at everything.

As for my first experience, I honestly don't remember it. It's been a LOT of years and a LOT of smoke since then. But clearly I liked it. :canabis:

negative37dBA

Veteran
2 types come to mind right away. Had a connection in about 86 that would get NL5 that was just insane. He knew the growers...they knew what they were doing for back then.
Romulan was another good hard hitter. That came much later for me tho....round the 2000 era.
Peace, negative