What's new

What type of fertilizer is best to feed newly rooted clones?

Shakalaka

My cuttings r 14 days old and some roots are showing out the sides and bottom of the rockwool.... What is the best nutrient to give them and at what rate?
Grow or bloom?

G

Guest 18340

Most people will tell you to start low and work your way up.
As an example, I use Maxibloom at 1tsp/gal. So, I'll start at 1/4 tsp/gal, then up it to 1/2 tsp, then up to 3/4 tsp/gal.
I switch to full strength (1tsp/gal) at day one of 12/12.
The "best" nutrient is whatever works for you;)

TexasToker

^beat me to it.

They are still vegging so do a 1/4 dose of higher Nitrogen nute and see how they respond. Adjust as needed. Are the leaves starting to yellow? Usually happens soon after roots are forming.

supermanlives

Veteran
i tend to use the foliar rate application for freshly rooting clones. for their first feeding i like the bloom formulas then grow formulas.

Shakalaka

Why use bloom? What's the benefits to using a bloom?
Why foliar feed? And for how long do u use bloom before u use grow?
Thanks for ur time!

BudZad7

Clones/New cuttings

Clones/New cuttings

:tiphat: Hi All!!! Use Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed.....it will set your cuttings immune system for the future......and just mix earth worm castings in your soil nothing else..this is a safe way for young plants to adjust, then they will let you know when to feed a stronger fert....
here's a pic of various strains in the same soil mix...planted a week ago
Also, water the containers from the bottom, just pour water in the drip tray,it will suck it up,then use a baster full of water to water the top
soil area, that's it.....Also,for transplant shock prevention, put 1 drop
of Superthrive in 1/2 gal RO water, ph to 6.2~6.5 that's it....
:wave: Good Luck!

Attachments

• 100_4593.jpg
    100_4593.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 17

msd828

Just feed them your veg nutes at a low dose. Somewhere between 400-600 ppm. Try not to go over that for a few days or they will burn and stunt and ull have to flush and do it again. Also if u have a root excel they like that