What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What strains are people planting this season?

idntknwsht

Just curious what strains people will be working with outdoors this spring? I know that out of 10, 6 will be odyssey but other than that not completely sure.

Here in the PDX region I know fast finishers are important, so curious what others are putting in the ground.

Cheers!

PDX Dopesmoker

I have an orangey skunky mother that reveged at the top and is ready to give up about 20 good clones as soon as I get around to cutting them, might try trading the clones for other ones as I don't have a CBD strain. Other than that I grow what the bagseed gods deliver.

Aota1

I have an orangey skunky mother that reveged at the top and is ready to give up about 20 good clones as soon as I get around to cutting them, might try trading the clones for other ones as I don't have a CBD strain. Other than that I grow what the bagseed gods deliver.

I'm in the same boat. Except for some (Trainwreck x hashplant) X (royal kush x og kush) I brought from California, I have cherry skunk, a couple xj-13's, a blueberry headband, and 2 mt hood magic durbans. We'll see

Here is my current list for outdoor;

GG#4 X Blueberry Snow Lotus
Lemonshine#4 X Blueberry Snow Lotus
Cherry Pie X Blueberry Snow Lotus
Dog KUSH X Blueberry Snow Lotus
Iced Grapefruit
Goji OG
Jabba's Stash
Love Triangle
Bad Dawg
Marmalate
Fruit Punch
And can't remember what else.

idntknwsht

Been super busy lately, but getting back to this thread. I ended up changing some things around. Here's what I ended up doing, pics will be up in a journal soon.

Odyssey
Obama
Legend
WiFi
Alien Dawg
Blue City Diesel
Stardawg
West Coast Dawg

Ended up getting things in a little late, but they are doing well. Took a tad longer to get soil amended and squared away.

Cheers.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Mickey kush x Obama kush aka mkob
Mickey kush x g13 aka mkg13
Mickey kush x early skunk aka mkes
Mkob x mkg13
Mkob x mkes
Train wreck x jack the ripper
Jagar
Jagar x (Mkg13 x mkob)
Guerilla gold
Bluebonic gorilla
Guerilla kush
Guerilla kush x mkob
Killer kush fast version
J1
Golden berry
Kush berry
Dog kush
Court side jack

And about 6 more I'm observing flowering times looking for that early dank

idntknwsht

Have you ever ran Odyssey? It's supposed to finish late September. This is personally my first time, but I know others that have ran it with good results in PDX.

PDX Dopesmoker

Is there an approved list anywhere of of fast finishers/early flowerers for outdoor growing? According to Ed Rosenthal some plants will start flowering outdoors with as little as 9.5 hours of night time (early July in Portland), while others need up to 11 hours of night (Early September in Portland) before they get started.

idntknwsht

That would be extremely helpful, would also be a great sticky in this Oregon section.

This is only my second time around. So my knowledge is based on seeing results of other gardens. As well as the advice of others far more experienced than I am.
Things were going well with a few strains last year until that season killing hurricane hit.

Dr.King

Veteran
Is there an approved list anywhere of of fast finishers/early flowerers for outdoor growing? According to Ed Rosenthal some plants will start flowering outdoors with as little as 9.5 hours of night time (early July in Portland), while others need up to 11 hours of night (Early September in Portland) before they get started.

Easiest/best way to keep them in veg and not flower early is to hang white medium christmas lights in long rows above vertically an horizontal. Make sure they are on a timer to insure they cut on and off before the sun goes up/down. Then you're good to go. That will add the extra 4+ hours you need and at a very low wattage cost.

BigNoise

Is there an approved list anywhere of of fast finishers/early flowerers for outdoor growing?

Don't know about any "approved list", but many Hybrids from Hell strains will finish early in Oregon. Monk, Danish Gold and Super07 start flowering shortly after summer solstice, and finish in early September (@ 46 lat).

Aotf

Autos?

Freezeland x's
Timewarp x's

Early Pearl
Early Girl
Cinderalla 99
Cantaloup Haze [c99 ripped off by DNA]

Lots of skunk hybrids have early Pheno's.

UK Cheese has an early pheno that used to be run up north in Seattle for 10 years or so, still know a few peeps running outdoor with it, in fact.....

PDX Dopesmoker

How far along is everyone's outdoor plants?
Strains that seem to be starting early enough in the north Willamette Valley/lower Columbia River region (about 500' MSL) are:
Blue City Diesel
Tree of Life (tried and true Trainwreck cross)
this other one that I don't know exactly what it is.
Bubba x JtR

Stuff that seems to be starting too late:
Cannatonic isn't really flowering yet
this other CBD strain that I don't know what it is just barely started
GG4 is only about 5-10 days in

Latest posts

Latest posts