What's new
  • Podcast

Our video interview between Gypsy Nirvana and Soma is now available to watch in the podcast section. Click here to check it out.

What seeds would you like to see us carry and where would you like to see us go?

zamalito

I guess its pretty self explanatory but I'd just like to see what you guys would like to see us carry to help us prioritize our current breeding projects and seed gathering expeditions.

Personally aside from south and central america a chinese turkestan trip is very high on my list also Ghana Nigeria and west africa.

As far as breeding projects we have a few sssc seedlines that I think you guys would like to see but maybe not? The mexican and bolivian lines are high priority. As well as some indica lines need to be worked. I don't know. What do you guys want?

eskimo

would love to see the haze x 's(colombian gold ...) hhf was offering this would be great
malana ,pavarti mabey crost to brasilian lines or pure would be great aswell

:wave:

Last edited:
G

would love to see the haze x 's(colombian gold ...) hhf was offering this would be great

We are just about to do that bro.

Peace, hhf

G

i would like to see some more indica, turkish or iranian rather than the usual ghani or paki. maybe some types from as far north as possible. :joint:

V

vonforne

Landrace Burmese sativa (personal favorite)
Landrace Brazilian sativa
Landrace Guatomalan sativa
Landrace Katema Malawi sativa

thc43

i want some work done with aussi bush strains or aussi strains.. Alot of what we have has already been crossed with euro seed but there are mamy Sativas fast and longer flowering to be found...

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
As man pure sativas as you fellas can get your paws on!!!

You already have the most comprehensive line of sats availble anywhere,now just market as many pure breeds as you can stand to part with....

You fellas are a blessing to us all!

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Supporter
really admirable of you to get these exotic genetics & then do what it takes to get them into the hands of growers world wide. quite an acomplishment & to be respected for sure.

well in response to the title of this thread > you might not like this idea, but here it is anyway, since you intend to sell hybrids as well (which is a good thing btw) what you really need to do is to locate the original brothers grimm C99 genetics (they are not extinct) and then incorporate them into some of your breeding projects. the possible combinations are staggering.you may also offer them in thier pure state.i pretty sure that HHF would be interested in this idea. the demand would out strip the supply in a heart beat. also you should offer flat rates, fair affordable rates for all your seeds.auctions are not the way to go.i'm talking $100 max for buy now on the exotic stuff. i would think that anything under $100 dollars per pack would be especially welcomed by everyone & this would say a lot about the company. i know that i would pay.

peace to the breeders choice people

flower~power

Ganico

PURE SATIVAS

That's what I want to see. I go for shorter flowering,clear/up, fruity type strains. But it doesn't matter, I just want to see more pure sativas in general. Whether they are landraces or hybrids of different sativas.

I just think there's already plenty of indica genes, but y'all are the only ones who specialize in pure sativas, which is what I hope to be the main focus.
But that's just me, it's not my company,haha.

muddy waters

since you invited comment zamalito, here's my two cents:

i don't know if it's feasible at the moment, but i would like to see you guys stocking all or most of your landrace/heirloom varieties permanently, rather than on a rotating auction basis. it's just a pet peeve of mine, not being able to have a 'catalog' with everything right in front of me, including pictures. i am old fashioned like that, i guess. i get very lost looking at seedbay. i realize though that the realities of breeding may not allow for this, but i would love to be able to scroll or flip through page after page of landrace descriptions and pictures. i think you guys have the potential to have one of those legendary catalogs like the old SSSC ones everybody wishes they had saved. you know?

as for genetics, i won't be your #1 customer and i'm not very picky, but i'd recommend just offering the selected landrace sativas and indicas that you got. i know zamalito is on a mission from god when it comes to collecting seed (go for yours!) but what's already in your guys' stock would probably be blowing minds around here for at least 1-2 years, imo...

also: did i mention i want a photo-illustrated (or even artistic renderings by a trained botanist for a 'naturalist' touch?) catalog?

NOW!!!!!

:)

zamalito

Muddy, you have really good business sense and you're definitely a good idea guy. You've made suggestions to me that sometimes didn't hit me for 3-4 months. Right now we just don't have everything together to stock the seeds for long periods. But its a definite plan to get a huge catalog of pur strains together.

Thc, I'm also partial to some of the aussie genetics. I'm waiting on the most pure mullumbimby madness seedline I've ever seen. This line has been maintained in a very impressive manner. I also plan to get this 303 down which is definitely an atf. I don't have any clues yet but if anyone knows where to find the strain "elephant killer" let me know. Gypsy sold it for a couple months at seedsdirect several years ago and I think breeder steve was working with it in switzerland but I haven't heard anything about it for a few years.

Vonforne, I have as many brazilian lines as you can count and I have one plant from a lone seed which germinated out of several from some burmese herb sold in the southeastern u.s as burmajam in the early 1980's. I'm just not sure what to do with it yet.

zamalito

Fp, by original c99 genetics are you referring to the genius cut or just f1 c99's. I have a very nice golden colored overripe honeydew scented c99 f1 cutting that I germed in december of 99 which a friend has been maintaining since I stopped growing it.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Supporter
greetings zamalito... what i'm talking about is the existence of an F1 mother that has been originally selected in 1999 and maintained for 7 years. she is very true c99 as the brothers grimm were noted for. the problem is there are no F1 males of the same pedigree. now the good news is that there is a line that was created from a specific effort back in 1999 using multiple males & females of Grimm F1's ... over the years i am now convinced that this line is the purest c99 around & that does make it very important & valuable for various reasons, some of which i'm sure you can appreciate ... we both love plants

peace & much respect
this is her ... ripe in 45 days

flower~power

Nept

I would like to see a shorter flowering hybrid version of alot of the landraces. It may not always be possible.

Something crossed to a recessive true breeding indica that retains the up High, something that just glows. I mean being high on life and weed, not being stoned out of it.

G

I would like to see a shorter flowering hybrid version of alot of the landraces. It may not always be possible.

Something crossed to a recessive true breeding indica that retains the up High, something that just glows. I mean being high on life and weed, not being stoned out of it.

Hola Nept,

It is good to see yo here!

We have just such a line coming on to the bay in a couple of weeks max. It is a line we call 'Moonflower' as that is where she takes you. A great combination of a worked SensiStar line with our selected Punto Roja Males. All in the head and a faster finishing, tighter flowered plant with a all Punto Roja high..

Peace, hhf

G

isnt c99 from seed from a bag of jack or silver haze from the sensi coffeeshop selfed to the same then cubed or something. i can honestly say that the famed pheno some picture with the very pistilated tops turn up in a lot of sensi varietys, ive never smoked c99 so cannot compare fully but if looks are anything to go on these types can still be found from the original breeders stock.. :yoinks:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Supporter
jingles ... true c99 is unique..she cant be found anywhere else, but in the genetics of the original Bros Grimm release of the f1's back in 1999.. you have to grow & smoke what i am talking about to understand and appreciate her potential & special characteristics..

I

indicalover

More rare indica strains would be awesome. I am impressed with the sativa line up, but a little diversity by adding rare indicas is what I want.

Latest posts

Latest posts