What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Plants Hide MJ Best?

Pédetoddy

Vegetation arround my guerrilla grow
picture.php

igrowone

Veteran
my outdoor grows are still just fantasy, got to be careful in the final days of this prohibition
in upstate ny, it's simple, if it's green at the end of september into october, then it's suspicious
if it ripens before mid september, much tougher to detect, especially these days with the warm weather seeming to stick around a bit longer

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
my outdoor grows are still just fantasy, got to be careful in the final days of this prohibition
in upstate ny, it's simple, if it's green at the end of september into october, then it's suspicious
if it ripens before mid september, much tougher to detect, especially these days with the warm weather seeming to stick around a bit longer

True. Even here in Canada, the law is still the law until it's changed, and you can be prosecuted. One plant? Not so bad. More than 4 and you're looking for trouble. In any case, get nabbed and it'll cost you 10k in legal bills. Minimum.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
That's perfect if you live in an area where that plant is a common one... like in Turkey or Crete.
It the US someone will call the cops if you have a japanese maple tree in your garden.

Easy7

Veteran
I don't believe at all that plants that LOOK LIKE what you are trying to hide helps at all.

I go for the natural defenses. Areas growing tall shrubs and thorns gets tall. Nobody is going to want to go into huge thorns or poison ivy. But me and only cops if there is weed for sure there.

If you have a hard time getting to the grow, you did well!

onavelzy

Veteran
I don't believe at all that plants that LOOK LIKE what you are trying to hide helps at all.

I go for the natural defenses. Areas growing tall shrubs and thorns gets tall. Nobody is going to want to go into huge thorns or poison ivy. But me and only cops if there is weed for sure there.

If you have a hard time getting to the grow, you did well!

I agree natural defense works well. Simple weeds do fine. Until end of flower when they tend to be brown and grey and the grow plants stand out.

for visual blockage with a cash crop, try a field of hops

beerbeer.jpg

You can keep the middle of the hops field planted with Cannabis. Won't help you with aerial surveillance though.

I don't think I'd want to go with poison ivy as a deterrent to foot traffic. Try blackberries instead. good for visual blockage and they form an impenetrable wall of thorny plants.
2-dsc_1374.jpg

Just be sure you use the seedless kind if they are on your property. And keep an eye out for foragers:
maxresdefault.jpg

In the west, you can create a wall of cactus to discourage tresspassers

huge-cactus-and-prickly.jpg

4312019882_b6328969cd_b.jpg

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Black berries work well. I ruined a new pair of jeans and scratched the shit out of my legs just collecting the berries. lol

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Black berries work well. I ruined a new pair of jeans and scratched the shit out of my legs just collecting the berries. lol

Blackberries do work well as a thick barrier, however they are powdery mildew magnets!!

You may want to keep them at a distance.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I would say to spread seed of aromatics along perimeters and along any pathways or entry points. I get mint seeds( out of a pack of hundreds you'll get Alot of different types of mint) and lemon balm.
These plants seed well and spread rapidly, but usually need to be disturbed to release their smells.
If you were to surround the area so any hikers walking through walked through the aromatics patch before they got close to your grow, it would help cover the dankness.
Of course if these plants don't grow in your area, it would raise some suspicion. But I think mints are very well spread

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
This sorta works for now. I have heard of people hanging plastic "tomatoes" from cannabis to confuse from afar.
picture.php

But once you get closer...

picture.php

I've been bending, pinching, and training trying keep slower pace with the tomato plants. Wish I had one more tall tomato plant, it keeps popping out

PDX Dopesmoker

Here's one that looks sorta similar. Not sure what is called.

View Image

View Image

I think thats called "cardinal vine". I have a bunch of those, the have nice red tube flowers that the hummingbirds loves, but they're a climbing vine so they might not work as a cover unless they have something to climb on. Its also illegal in a number of jurisdictions because its considered a dangerous invasive species.
Imagine the irony of getting busted for pot because someone from the nature conservancy called botanical immigration enforcement on you for growing non-native plants.

St. Phatty

Blackberry hedges are good for small Cannabis plants.

You can trim the hedge to give some areas more light.

The hard part is crawling into the hedge, cutting out sections of blackberry stem, then hauling that out.