What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

Hitch-hiking down the then-gravel Alcan summer of 1978 or '79, maybe early 80s(?), and getting picked up by a very intoxicated fellow in an old Ford Bronco with this playing loudly on the cassette deck. I got out a while later at Muncho Lake.. Figured it was best for my self-preservation to stick my thumb out again, and take a chance with someone else. But good tunes and a number of laughs were had between white-knuckling the door handle and wishing for an ejection seat with a soft landing...

Last edited:

MrBreeze911

Hitch-hiking down the then-gravel Alcan summer of 1978 or '79, maybe early 80s(?), and getting picked up by a very intoxicated fellow in an old Ford Bronco with this playing loudly on the cassette deck. I got out a while later at Muncho Lake.. Figured it was best for my self-preservation to stick my thumb out again, and take a chance with soomeone else. But good tunes and a number of laughs were had between white-knuckling the door handle and wishing for an ejection seat with a soft landing...

Dude I love to reminisce the good traveling days hitchhiking is fun but ya never know who you're gonna get! Haha

MrBreeze911

Hitch-hiking down the then-gravel Alcan summer of 1978 or '79, maybe early 80s(?), and getting picked up by a very intoxicated fellow in an old Ford Bronco with this playing loudly on the cassette deck. I got out a while later at Muncho Lake.. Figured it was best for my self-preservation to stick my thumb out again, and take a chance with soomeone else. But good tunes and a number of laughs were had between white-knuckling the door handle and wishing for an ejection seat with a soft landing...

I hope the future will still be cool...

moose eater

Yep, Johnny had a fairly unique ability to take the most bitter and most sweet memories of life, others experiences or his own, and put them into words & notes that take that feeling, drench it in tears, and leave it in a rainbow smiling. He found humor, poetry and paradox in many things he wrote about.

His story with COVID, his wife getting sick first, his insisting on staying with her at their home, then his getting sick, and then hospital/ICU, and gone.

He was a connection in my life since I was 16 or 17 years old.

Yep, that was John's farewell tune, maybe before he knew it. And you're right, it hits home in a nostalgic way like few others. Life retrospective.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was standing outside tripping with a friend of mine when this was going on inside. Too young to get in plus ya know?
The Allman Brothers Band - Whipping Post - 9/23/1970 - Fillmore East (Official)

Latest posts

Latest posts