What's new

what kind of odor control do you use

peacefulsmoker

ozium

ozium

+1 on the Ozium spray. It really works. Just a few spritzes into the air after smoking. Try not to breathe the mist after spraying.. I used to purchase it at ACE hardware, though Walmart may stock it in the Automotive Chemicals aisle. It's only like 4 or 5 dollars.

Turkey bag about half as much as you can, vac seal it, place it into another bag, and use a paste made of alcohol and baking soda to cover the entire inside package. Seal second bag. Dust with cayenne pepper. Now, if a cop dog get close enough to smell through it, it'll get close enough to ruin its sense of smell and retire the dog, too.

Okay, maybe not the most even handed advice, since it technically involves assaulting an officer, but it works.

DarthFader1

Veteran
no what i ment is.. what are you storing your weed in after the dry..

put it this way.. i just harvested around 8-10lbs.. right.. im drying it at my buddies were my room was during my move.. and im going to have to move it .. about 15-20 miles from his place.. to my new place.. so.. i need to make sure.. my car isnt going to reek.. and i really dont want my new place TO REEEEEK.. at all.. i want it to be nice and no smell anywere.. im trying to figure out what to do .. maybe buy a small closet type thing.. toss a small carbon filter in there. and exhaust it outside..

but my main thing is.. like.. when u got 10 lbs.. and u need no smell.. are you guys jarring it .. bagging it.. what?

A shitload of 3 litre glass jars with rubber gasket on the lid. This will lock in 100% of odor, and is perfect to cure in.

You can usually fit anywhere between 3-5 oz per 3L jar depending on bud density. It does cost a lot to buy all those jars but once you got them you will have them forever..

If your harvesting that sort of quantity id imagine spending a couple grand on glass jars isn't really a problem?

Sure, big plastic containers maybe cheaper but who the fuqq wants to cure/store their harvest in plastic.. Certainly not me

Last edited:

DarthFader1

Veteran
I would add if you buy the glass jars in bulk Always make sure you get them in their original boxes (they usually come in 6 packs), that way you can move them around and store them very easily.

On 2nd thought it probably wouldn't cost much more than 1K for your storage needs. It's an investment for sure. But depends how OCD you are i guess..

darth

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gamma lids on 5 gallon buckets get good reviews.

Ah, I see it's been mentioned. Bit of a brain fart.

Hundreds of glass jars are time consuming to cure in, a huge danger and an overall expensive hassle (IMO). If you're willing to go through all that for quality, my hats off to you. I'd be looking for a glass insert myself.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Gamma lids on 5 gallon buckets get good reviews.

Ah, I see it's been mentioned. Bit of a brain fart.

Hundreds of glass jars are time consuming to cure in, a huge danger and an overall expensive hassle (IMO). If you're willing to go through all that for quality, my hats off to you. I'd be looking for a glass insert myself.

Yeah, i do tend to agree with you re the glass jars.. a couple things i found to improve jar usage is wrapping the jars in a layer of bubble wrap for both protection from breakage and stopping that infuriating sound of clanking glass. How are they a huge danger though?

And yes, i am willing to go to that trouble in the name of quality. I have what you call, the OCD, lol

Now glass inserts, tell me more! Do you mean a glass insert that would fit into say a 5 gallon bucket? I would like to see that yo

darth

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, i do tend to agree with you re the glass jars.. a couple things i found to improve jar usage is wrapping the jars in a layer of bubble wrap for both protection from breakage and stopping that infuriating sound of clanking glass. How are they a huge danger though?

And yes, i am willing to go to that trouble in the name of quality. I have what you call, the OCD, lol

Now that I can agree with ;)

Now glass inserts, tell me more! Do you mean a glass insert that would fit into say a 5 gallon bucket? I would like to see that yo

darth

Moving, burping, storage, packing for sale, etc.

I was spitballing about the insert, though a quick Google seems to bring some decent results.