What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is this bug

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I'm sorry you are having all this stress from these mites. Mites are a bitch once you get those bastards they are hard to get rid of. A mite-free garden is a happy garden. A garden with mites is a sad stressful garden. Smoking or vaping bug shit on your weed fucks up your high. Once you get mites you can have them for as long as you grow. I haven't had a mite in my garden in over 15 years.
Here's how I keep mites out of my garden.
1. I never take clones from anyone!
2. I never go into someone else's garden or let them come in mine.
3. I only clone my own seed-grown plants.
4. I keep the environment from getting too hot and dry. Mostly grow in cool-season only and shut down during hot summer for indoor grows., In hot Summer I grow outdoors. . 😎
They must have come from outside. We have stink bugs, which somehow get in house and are attracted to lights. Neem seems to work if used several times, allowing egg batches to hatch, between treatments. Now reading about HLVd. Doubt I have it since only have MD's cut of GG4. Thinking about bringing in 5 other cuts from seller, and wondering if I should just treat them as if they have it.

mjseeds

For best results, vacuum the plant before spraying Trifecta Crop Control.
Is this a spider mite??? If so what is best to kill them. I probably have everything known to man from when I had broad mites. Will continue scanning leaves in case I have them again also.

Also, where are the stickys???? There was great complete guide to plant problems by MyNameIsStitch.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Has anyone tried alternative ways to kill the mites? @ the swiss forum some users tried suffocating them with co2 or put the plants in tight sealed plastic bags for some days with mixed results.
Imo flooding the room with co2 might work and is less harmfull for the consumer and plants.

revegeta666

Has anyone tried alternative ways to kill the mites? @ the swiss forum some users tried suffocating them with co2 or put the plants in tight sealed plastic bags for some days with mixed results.
Imo flooding the room with co2 might work and is less harmfull for the consumer and plants.
Predator mites. Californicus and persimilis work a charm.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I had thought about that, but was afraid I might kill plants, and do not have access to pure CO2. Someone suggested soaking in 10% hydrogen peroxide for 3 minutes, which is also used to cure cuttings of HLVd.

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Veteran
Predator mites. Californicus and persimilis work a charm.
Looked into that, but expensive for small grower with no income. If I had large number of plants I was trying to save, would go that route. I just need to make sure a dozen cuts grow without them. If there were no bugs, only really need 6 plants to flower.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Looked into that, but expensive for small grower with no income. If I had large number of plants I was trying to save, would go that route. I just need to make sure a dozen cuts grow without them. If there were no bugs, only really need 6 plants to flower.
Californicus could be raised on flower pollen but it's not that easy. Some folks tried it at the swiss forum with mixed results. Imo keeping the temp and rf% optimal is not easy.
One even claimed that he kept persimilis but their only food for is spidermites so i see no way how this could work.
I already have some stuff at home but was not motivated to try.
I will use a small plastic container(take home salad) with microfilter covered holes for air exchange. Some wet moss and a boveda 62 to keep the rh% stable. Feeding will be pollen from an organic supermarket. I hope that the temp in my growroom is enough for them so i don't need an extra heatsource.
I'm not sure if the predatore mites get used to the pollen and can easy switch their food source to mites again.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It's not normal to have mites migrate from cycle to cycle. There's something amiss in a grow when spider mites thrive. If mites flourish in a grow then there is a condition they are keyed in on. Your growing method may be "out of tune" "so to speak" if you can't get rid of mites and have them in every grow. Spider mites are a symptom of an underlining issue that is being undetected. It's the Teacher telling you something is missing in your garden when it comes to growing healthy plants.😎

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
In flower, you can't really do much except vacuum them off. An oz of prevention is worth a lb of cure. Completely clean and sanitize your grow. I use a mix of Cypermethrin and Pyrethrum 1 part of each to 4 parts of water. Spray all doorways edges, window edges, any gaps, where the floor meets the walls all up the walls where they meet and along the ceiling where it meets the walls. I only spray plants in veg if they are showing signs of spider mites and only when the lights go off.