What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is Colombian Gold 🟡 to you?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That picture looks ok in regards to CG. There was more than one version, so keep that in mind. I think you are thinking about the movie Acapulco Gold.

On the colors, I think you are right. To get gold color you have to have a certain plant to work with. That said, there was lots of fake or lower quality AG or CG I believe. Certainly with the AG. Treating the plants or dried material with chemicals to alter the color is another possibility.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bring in the Gold for when I'm old :D
picture (3).jpeg

achille

Veteran
I was going to mention the same on the M1 carbine. hehe I used to have a carbine but not modified like that. That barrel has been shortened as well.

I am assuming the pot you mentioned with cracked seeds was during the seventies or later Loc Dog? Salt water cowboy, that was another book I read. Drowning of the cows did bother me, otherwise a great read.

Super interesting maggotbrain. Thanks for the info. It sounds legit. The taste being in the genetics is something I did not know. redrider who is in Colombia now, thought the curing process was the answer to that smell and taste.

The Colombian '72 from USC is I think, very legit. However, it does not have that heavy incense smell at all. Lots of blending of strains over time and evolving situations make it difficult to exactly figure it all out. Along with secrecy due to illegality.

I never heard from anybody with Belize,Paraguayan etc. weed either back then. Just Mexican and Colombian from central or south america. I have no doubt the other countries did import some though.
In my experience the Colombian Gold 72 from USC has the typical incense smell.

Crazy Chester

Columbian collected 70s from Hyp3rids Instagram
Comes from actually another Source than him, anyway, i thought this one looks very good to me, said to have piney terps , flowers 22 weeks. Does this look right?

View attachment 18822147

View attachment 18822148
Interesting red stems - does she "bleed" red when you take a cutting? I've heard some rare (very) Jack Herer's do that - which has some Columbian Gold in her heritage from the Skunk #1.

romanoweed

I heard Suncuring can break down clorophyll.. but in same time it lowers the cannabinoids. wich is a tradeoff..

so as i imagine it: slight fermentation combined with a bit Suncuring might be a nice compromise. As each process can be executed half the amount..
For me @Raco s bud looks like this Combination.?

Reactions: Gry

OldCoolSativa

I'd be interested to know what kind of genetics, environmental factors and curing process led to that beautiful gold color that Raco got. Mezz Mezrow wrote about the best quality weed he sourced from his connection in the 1920s in Chicago. It came from Mexico, was sold by Mexicans and it was called "gold leaf." So clearly, the art of making gold weed has been around for at least a century, yet is an almost entirely lost art.

bigherb

Veteran
This is a Great article

Much of the younger generation as myself who didn’t experience the imports of yesteryear only have the stories passed down , it’s great to see different experiences/perspectives and details of the strains from yesteryear

This article can come across as Great writing and imagination , but we need to listen more to these old timers stories . As some are just opinions but much of shared experiences are Clear Truth

The part /Fact Santa Marta Reds Early ones / Punto Rojos were grown in Santa Marta next to the Legendary Golds . It’s intriguing to hear

Knowing Charlie Garcia collected the best Oldest punto Rojo he could from Santa Marta to Tolima , in my opinion confirms the authenticity of both stories

The brother Bluebeard , who no one really conversed with or debated even when he questioned Sams on the Topic of Lumbos . He stated the older Colombians were actually as long and longer flowering than the Thais . Sayin the older Colombians were true Equatorial and Thais are not .

Saying in his experience the Haze he grew was Lumbo no sign of Thai and bleed red a true sign of Lumbo / the finer older Punto Rojo

He asked SamS specifically which lumbos were used , punto Rojo was never mentioned at the time . Sams mentioned wacky weed and Gold . Then later a 3way Colombian -magenta a green and lime green .

Well throughout the years details emerged or changed completely. I found the old post from Sams which talks about Haze being a 4 way sativa hybrid 😤

What’s important is we share our experiences with the Community for the Next Generation to Learn from

1luvbigherb

TheDarkStorm

Not my pictures.....but a recent grow of a very good old 70s colombian gold ...i think the lower picture is from a plant that may have gone abit longer than should....i think due to seed making or something....i do have the same but not tried it yet... supposed to be more earthy...no incense. View attachment 18824089 View attachment 18824090
Sam said to me about haze those 3 lumbos he was saying was a guess after evaluating the line when passed to him...he was confident in his abilities....but admitted he dont know really....and anybody that says they know is just guessing.

Nice pics raco..bless

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not my pictures.....but a recent grow of a very good old 70s colombian gold ...i think the lower picture is from a plant that may have gone abit longer than should....i think due to seed making or something....i do have the same but not tried it yet... supposed to be more earthy...no incense.

View attachment 18824089 View attachment 18824090
The bud in the lower pic looks roasted? lol
And many white stigmas...
Here's a bud from same cut ^^ also grown outdoors but in a different climate

1644798870430.jpg

1644798887239.jpg

bigherb

Veteran
Sam said to me about haze those 3 lumbos he was saying was a guess after evaluating the line when passed to him...he was confident in his abilities....but admitted he dont know really....and anybody that says they know is just guessing.

Nice pics raco..bless
Soo you had a private convo with Sams after he posted about the 3 lumbos ?

Considering you shared (he said it was a Guess) , I’m curious what more you can share of his thoughts further than his post ?

I’m interested in what could be this New version of Events.

I believe his Post was directed to me as I posted before him but he didn’t quote me , if I recall he usually doesn’t quote

The Anyone who says they know is just fooling themselves line from Sams is -

Incomprehensible to me , The story I told was second hand from G , the originator . How would the Originator not know what happened, or the man he Mentored ?

In that post you /I refer to

Sams 3 Colombians version Admittedly came from RL who admittedly was not there when G created Original Haze but joined up some years later because G’s interest in his Greenhouse

Then Sams mentioned j a Helper to G when he first Grew up in the mountains , told him all about the Hazes he never saw as Sams returned to SC in 72

I’m not a detective but that’s the Evidence and we have all the proof/ post not necessary to put up again

Soo who is Guessing Really ?

I’m Still waiting for that Pm Reply 😉

1luvbigherb

Last edited: