What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is better for the consumer?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
black market is best for the consumer....don't let big business take over...fuck all them taxes too..don't let them make it their cash cow like tobacco

armedoldhippy

Veteran
it needs to be legal for anyone over 18, period. if you want to grow it, you should be able to buy clones or seeds at garden centers. if you want to GIVE it away to a fellow adult, OK. if you want to sell it at a farmers market, there should be an affordable way to certify that you grew it organically so no one wonders what they are smoking. if you grow indoors, it is only fair (in my opinion) that your electrical work be inspected for say...oh, $25 or $50 bucks, and a "consumers permit" or whatever you want to call it be issued for a certain square footage/number of plants. selling it commercially will always be regulated because of concerns over contamination etc. I won't live long enough to see this come to fruition, but it will eventually happen. "the wheels of justice turn slowly, but they never stop..." gotta keep on keepin' on, and don't give up! :tiphat:

sardineomm

black market is best for the consumer....don't let big business take over...fuck all them taxes too..don't let them make it their cash cow like tobacco
Stoned trout may have a point. I 've yet to buy "honest weed" / medical grade cannabis flowers from so-called dispensaries in P'town. No shortage on attitude when I note the lack of outer layers of capitated trichomes. OTOH, concentrates I've bought are as effective as I've made from well grown, true genetics.

Connecting the dots....

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
so no one wonders what they are smoking. if you grow indoors, it is only fair (in my opinion) that your electrical work be inspected for say...oh, $25 or $50 bucks, and a "consumers permit" or whatever you want to call it be issued for a certain square footage/number of plants. ! :tiphat:
ya I don't want inspections and if you buy ul listed gear your fine...I don't need an inspection for an indoor veggie garden so why weed..and I don't want to be limited to numbers/ amounts
just like veggies ect...I don't want weed treated like tobacco either..i once had looked into growing tobacco and had a 2 person planter and tractor. till I contacted farm bureau and had a talk...mofos will tax your ass hard....free the weed for everyone of legal age..end of story...yeehaw

betshtick

if they tax it like ciggies or booze it will be expensive and the black market will still thrive....I don't think they deserve the tax money after all they done to us smokers

That's zactly how it is in CO.

The rec shops feel like the DMV to me. Stand in line to show ID so you can stand in line again. Oh yeah, enjoy the 30% tax.

Good for the home grower. Real potheads would rather pay 200/zip for homegrown than $99+tax at a rec shop. It's usually worth it in terms of quality.