What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What got you into the wonderful world of cannabis?

mscorpsey

I love marijuana and everything it provides, but I wasn't always this way and neither are most of the other women of the world (according to polls).

Can you remember what made you gal pals with mary jane?

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Hm, my first serious boyfriend turned me on to cannabis. It wasn't a memorable experience at first, and I think I gradually became accustomed to it. I wasn't even interested in growing until a year ago. Now I'm more crazy about growing than about smoking!

mscorpsey

Same with me, hippie! The first time I smoked was with my first serious boyfriend and a group of friends (on a hookah) and I tape recorded the whole thing because I had no idea what to expect, haha.

But you are right, once you grow it, that's it, you're in love forever. :canabis:

bish

1) Hepatitis C and Washington State voters.

8>)
:smokeit:
2) Sick friends

3) I love hydrooooooooooooooh oh oh

:rtfo:

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
11 car accidents later one head on with a semi-truck that i walked away from after our vehicle was sent 50 feet in the opposite direction we were heading.
I developed fibroymalgia, huge blessing disguise. Now I can legally grow here in Canada. Setting up a Dispensary in May, no I will not be charging outrageous prices!!
So thank you Health Canada, do not worry America your fed's will fold soon.
Barack Obama you da man

daydreamer

started smoking as college freshman back in mid 60's. that's right, I'm an aging hippie. I had already eaten peyote in high school, and peyote was actually legal then. I guess my inclination is that I want to experience stuff for myself. forbidden fruit is very enticing :8

Open Eyes

I started smoking when i was 16 years old in High School in the middle 80's. I was a foreigner and cannabis was not widely used in my former culture. Alcohol and Tobacco on the other hand were readily available and i saw what that will did to people and had no will to go down that road.

One thing about education rather than prohibition of a substance is that it works when it is embraced. I still remember seeing a documentary in school when i was 8 or 9 of somebody going through the different stages of alcoholism from start to finish and this put me off of drinking for a long time. I do not think that american schools would show anything like that but i think it would do them some good.

ToughGirl

I smoked and grew quite a bit when I was in HS, but was more fond of growing and selling back then to pay bills (moved out of my parents house at 15). Then I was in the military for quite a few years and couldn't smoke, which ended after I was in a bad car accident and sustained a serious spinal injury and left the service. Afterward I was paralyzed from the waist down for about a year and a half or so. I started smoking again basically just to sleep, pills and injectable pain killers made me sick to my stomach. Anyway, I got very bored just staring at the ceiling for so long, seasons started passing me by. I would watch the sun come up and go down, day after day, month after month. My once extremely athletic body started to atrophy and I started to give up on life and just wanted to die.

I started thinking, 'what can I do that doesn't involve major labor?' just to keep myself occupied. I had a ton of fluorescent lights and a huge empty room, plus pots and nutrients (having been a plant enthusiast for many years). I figured 'what the hell?' and threw a few seeds in some small pots. My first crop was a success on so many levels, it gave me hope and purpose. I crawled to my growroom several times a day, and eventually started walking again. I pushed and pushed myself to do better and grow more, even though I had 10x more than I could smoke. It was the only escape I had from either laying on my back, or physical therapy. My old commanding officer is one of my best friends to this day, he bought me my first HPS lamp for my birthday.

Eventually I started installing shelves and better lights, timers, water reservoirs, etc. I became legal the minute I asked my doctor about it (well not the minute, but the paperwork started rolling that day), since he was concerned that vomiting from pain killers wasn't helping my back very much. All that was years ago, I then enrolled in a community college and started taking horticulture classes at night, which eventually led to me opening a business working with plants full time.

In short, growing MJ saved my life in a way. Without it I would've blown my head off, no question about it. So many people view mj as negative, but those people have never met me. I am a prime example of when MMJ and cultivation can be a positive.

M

MrsEvlme2

Wow, tough girl very inspiring story. You should write a book. Seriously, I'm not trying to be a smart ass.

I started smoking when I was 12. I was already a black out alcoholic at that point. (Had some childhood trauma I'm still trying to forget.) The first time I smoked I didn't feel anything. So the second time I smoke I got wasted cus I thought I could smoke all I want. I knew at that moment that I would never need to drink again. I've always seemed to be in weed since then, through boyfriends or friends.
My husband and I love to smoke. It started getting too expensive to buy it so we started growing. I can honestly say that my husband grows better weed than I have ever gotten before.
When I started smoking I said I would smoke til I die, and now that we grow I can honestly say I will grow til I die.

THC Angel

I smoked my first joint ten years ago (i'm 24) with my boyfriend. It was some afghan hash (I'm not in the US). I really enjoyed the vibe so i'm still smoking and don't think I'm going to stop.

I smoked weed starting my freshman year in high school and except for quitting a few times for a few years here and there (I'm slightly pre-cougarish). Over my lifetime I've been in several major car accidents, one when I was living in New Orleans and was a pedestrian and was walking across the street and was struck by a truck driving 35 MPH and died for 3 1/2 minutes. Add 12 years of competitive sports playing and a few more accidents, one where I was at a stoplight and was nailed by an suv going 45 MPH and crumpled the roof of my car. The hard core opiate use was making me miserable and I asked my dr and he was totally for me going the mmj route. Since then I have gone from taking 180 x 4 mg dilaudid + 180 10/325 hydocodonone/apap and 180 1 mg xanaxes a month to 90x 4 mg dilaudid, 120 10/325 hydrocodone and 60 1 mg xanaxes a month now. My quality of life is so much better. There were days when I seriously considered killing myself, I was so tired of the meds I was taking and the quality of life that I lead. Now my husband and I grow on a decent size scale with a lot of nice strains for the medical community and ourselves and I can say I really haven't ever been happier in my life ever. This month I'm even thinking of dropping the dilaudid altogether I feel so good.

C

cannagirl

My parents were growing before I was born and I kinda just grew up with it. My playroom as a child was turned into a grow room when I no longer used it. I started smoking at age 11 with my older sisters and havent stopped since.

I started really helping out with the family farming biz in HS and things have progressed since then. My growing experiences come from about 8 years of hands on and several raids, busts and robberies. I figure when you start playing in an illegal game things are bound to get messy at times.

Now I live in a medical state and I am completely legal in all aspects of my grow op, so life is all good right now.

We pull down about 12 ladies this weekend, it will be our first harvest in CO and Im looking forward to it!

Cannagirl- I know you are super excited to harvest this weekend, let me know how it went. I made bho with the nycd and blueberry if you can make it down my way again and I'm planning on making bho candies tomorrow.

We should do something next weekend.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Inspiring stories everyone, very blessed to have many of you with us still after so many hardships. :)

For me it all started as a young teen with a quarter ounce of some good red hair colombian and I was sitting on the toilet reading a high times magazine looking at my first real bag of pot and inspecting the buds and out popped a little brown striped seed. A lightbulb went off in my head and I remember thinking "How could they be so stupid to leave the seeds in here now I can just start growing it myself and make as much as I want!" So before long it was a constant battle between my parents & I about the random marijuana plants being grown in the yard and hidden in the best places I could find. My mom even called the cops on me one day and I heard her on the phone and hid the little plants and replaced them with some random garden plants in little pots where the mj plants had been just minutes before. When she went to show the cops my "pot plants" they took one look at them and told her that those are not pot plants what the hell are you talking about lady?! I tried to keep a straight face as I said "yeah mom I told you they weren't pot plants!" lmao

From then on out I found much better places outdoors to put them NOT in our yard. Now this was many, many years ago and times surely have changed but I will never forget that first seed that fell out onto the cover of my high times magazine! And the love affair that has followed...not just to smoking the good green herb, but to preserving a beautiful plant that I love so dearly and has opened my eyes to many truth's in life & pretty much saved mine. Saved it in such a way you could never even begin to imagine. ;) :joint:

C

cannagirl

Cannagirl- I know you are super excited to harvest this weekend, let me know how it went. I made bho with the nycd and blueberry if you can make it down my way again and I'm planning on making bho candies tomorrow.

We should do something next weekend.
Thanks again for the meds the other night, we came home to a power outage and a "j" by the fireplace was jsut what we needed:comfort:

We should deffinitely get together again, although hopefully if all the county permits get approved this week, we will be throwing up a 24 lighter next weekend. Maybe sometime this week, days are better for us as the nights are when we work and run the lights...

Your lolly was really good and helped get me through a long night of work the other day:thank you::thank you::thank you:

the harvest went well, now here to hoping it dries to something special:canabis:

Hijack over, back to regularly scheduled programing...

j-fly

My parents were growing before I was born and I kinda just grew up with it. My playroom as a child was turned into a grow room when I no longer used it. I started smoking at age 11 with my older sisters and havent stopped since.

I started really helping out with the family farming biz in HS and things have progressed since then. My growing experiences come from about 8 years of hands on and several raids, busts and robberies. I figure when you start playing in an illegal game things are bound to get messy at times.

Now I live in a medical state and I am completely legal in all aspects of my grow op, so life is all good right now.

We pull down about 12 ladies this weekend, it will be our first harvest in CO and Im looking forward to it!

YOu are lucky to come from such a cool family. I bet you are chill as hell. Would love to taste your nugz, and blow smoke with you :tiphat: My parents think weed is the devil. I started smoking at 13 and my mom found my stash and whooped my ass with a belt

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just realized I am posting in the womens forum lmao, my bad ladies! Forgive me? :)