What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What did they play at your first Grateful Dead concert?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Saw the Dead on 2 nights in a row, sometime in 1974...

Starcrash looked it up and reminded me of the exact dates..

William and Mary Hall, at the the college, in Williamsburg, Virginia..

I have no idea what songs they played..
I hitchhiked up there (about 45 miles) and the guy who picked me up was a crazed Deadhead who gave me a big corner off a sheet of white blotter acid..
Or was it windowpane? can't remember....Musta been 6 or 7 hits..

the first night's show lasted almost 4 hours and at the end someone came back on stage and said they would play the next night.
If we had our ticket stub, the next night's show would cost one dollar...

So I went to that show too...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saw the Dead on 2 nights in a row, sometime in 1974...

Starcrash looked it up and reminded me of the exact dates..

William and Mary Hall, at the the college, in Williamsburg, Virginia..

I have no idea what songs they played..
I hitchhiked up there (about 45 miles) and the guy who picked me up was a crazed Deadhead who gave me a big corner off a sheet of white blotter acid..
Or was it windowpane? can't remember....Musta been 6 or 7 hits..

the first night's show lasted almost 4 hours and at the end someone came back on stage and said they would play the next night.
If we had our ticket stub, the next night's show would cost one dollar...

So I went to that show too...

Bud only grows & smoke good weed so he forgot what year :biglaugh: it was actually September 11 and September 12, 1973

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
:yeahthats

Thanks star... you know, I actually started a computer file list last winter, of all the bands I got to see back in the old days...

Thanks for reminding me of the actual dates of the Dead concerts!... I put it on my list...Lol

I know the dates of some of the concerts I went to, only because I still have a couple dozen old ticket stubs...

picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Thanks star... you know, I actually started a computer file list last winter, of all the bands I got to see back in the old days...

Thanks for reminding me of the actual dates of the Dead concerts!... I put it on my list...Lol

I know the dates of some of the concerts I went to, only because I still have a couple dozen old ticket stubs...

View Image

You’re just an old hippie that’s all:woohoo:

Chi13

ICMag Donor

View Image

What a great collection and would have loved to see Johnny Winter durng that era. I saw him in the early 80s but not the same.

dramamine

View Image

Would love to have seen the Byrds then.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To be 16 years old once again … 9/3/77
9EDF42C9-E88B-43FF-BAB0-F3C2FDFFF997.jpeg
7BF53672-7AB0-40A9-AE80-1328AB825CC7.jpeg

Attachments

• 4528A5A2-AAC1-4BB1-B287-795FDF6D5819.jpeg
    4528A5A2-AAC1-4BB1-B287-795FDF6D5819.jpeg