What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Watching Right Now Pt II.......

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why Most Californians Aren't Happy with the State | Victor Davis Hanson

moose eater

Watched the last 3 of the Billy Jack series over the weekend, finishing it last night.

Billy Jack, The Trial of Bily Jack, and Billy Jack Goes to Washington.

Had never seen the 2 latter films in the series before, and though simplistic, stereotypical in theme/plot, etc., they were reminiscent of a time that things mattered, but had more unified focus in the struggles.

I hadn't seen Billy Jack since about 1970-1972. 52 years (+/-) later I watched it again. Best of the series.

"Listen chidren to a story, that was written long ago, 'bout a People on a mountain...."

Yeah, that was a special time in this evolution. There was more heart, and truth was a bit more clear then.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I remember the first one.

I'm never going to forget him putting that one side of his foot there on the other side of that guy's face over there.

I, too, had no idea about the other two movies! I'm going in search after I figure out if I can make this thing in this video:

moose eater

I remember the first one.

I'm never going to forget him putting that one side of his foot there on the other side of that guy's face over there.

I, too, had no idea about the other two movies! I'm going in search after I figure out if I can make this thing in this video:

I couldn't eat that without calling a paramedic before I went into diabetic shock, but it looks tasty.

I suspect the hazelnut butter and additives make it better tasting than a standard peanut butter cup flavor, especially with the crumbled cones.

I also noted she added a whole shit-load of powdered sugar.

If you're interested, about 32 years ago, my wife acquired a restaurant recipe from from the owner in Delta Jct., Ak., where she had worked; they served a private recipe for 'French Silk Pie.'

I'll see if she can locate it in our massive collection of hand-written, private, and family recipes. Defines chocolate sinfulness.

Years since we made it, but MAN!!!

--------------------------------------------------
There's actually a 4th Billy Jack movie, the very first one. B-grade at best, but almost like a Broadway play put to bad 60s film, made in 1967, and the introduction of Billy Jack. 'Born Losers'. Mimicks the mainstream perception of the stereotypical 'bad' (1%) bikers (HA, Banditos, etc.) and Billy Jack as a savior of sorts.

He's somewhat chronically in that role. Sometimes to the point of near silliness.

More corny than Billy Jack (2nd movie) and even though the 3rd and 4th movies (Trial of Billy Jack and Billy Jack Goes to Washington) are lesser quality than the movie Billy Jack, the last 2 are not as poor a quality of film as Born Losers.

Barnes & Noble has the set in a DVD case of 3 discs, or you can get it in Blue Ray, too. We purchased standard DVDs, and I think it was about $22.

I'll be gifting the set to my older son soon.

Last edited:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
420giveaway
1862079.jpg

Fallout meets Jurassic Park for teens or something like that... The CGI Monsters were well made but the movie overall was mediocre, they could have made more out of it imho, story was too flat, characters boring and actors just not good. :needcoffee:

moose eater

There's embellished fables of an old cannery ghost town in Alaska you might enjoy reading about, or viewing if it's available in that format. The ghost town was/is called Portlock, Alaska, on the south end of the Kenai Peninsula. Isolated, and on the salt water. Depending on what/where you're reading, only believe about half of it, unless foot-noted really well.