What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you smoking right now UK?

window

Veteran
Maybe grown using bud hardener’s like Rox or Super bud??? I’ve only ever grown the Manny cut, which is dense a fuck when dried but doesn’t come out looking like that, more like what you posted above. Maybe it is the genetics though????
A question for those who come across genuine so called ‘Cali import ‘. All the stuff I’ve come across, has small but super dense bud’s. Now I know a lot of these modern hybrids have varieties like Cookies in their make up which makes the bud really dense but these things are like stones. Is it because the flower’s are vac packed?? Does vac packing sort of shrink the bud and make it super dense??

I’m wondering too, if some of the import these days have been treated with some sort of synthetic terps?? The reason I say this is, my mrs brought a pack like a year ago and she kept the bag and even now when the empty bag is opened, I can still smell it! I mean, not even cheese will do this a year later….well, maybe a hint? Lol, but this is strong. I’m not even sure synthetic terps are a thing, are they? Dodgy if so.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
@window
It looks machine trimmed and laid out on racks a couple of inches deep. Any sort of compression while the bud is damp, will close up the air gaps. You can take a sparse bud and make it compact easily (it's why I said in my pics it's not been packaged). An oz that's been bagged damp is half the size and clumpy. All the bit's stuck together like a well fitting jigsaw. For transport this can be much better than dry buds getting smashed, and taking up more space for the privilege. The machine trim and bed drying leave a high number of flat, close cut, sides. Any bud dried in beds/screens will have a flat side as it squashes under it's own weight. This is a clue to hardness of the product as grown, perhaps not matching the product in hand.

I use big zip-lock bags to bring in my outdoor. They all smell great, even if they miss a years use. I have pondered on why the seem to hold the smell better than the bud did. As I still have both.

window

Veteran
@ f-e,
Yeah that makes sense, machine trimmed and dried on racks, maybe compacted damp.
I wonder if slightly damp bud is vac packed, does it draw out any moisture while the bag is getting sucked in? Lol.
I tried it once but with dry bud and it sort of ruined the weed, made it almost polystyrene feeling, so never bothered again.
I much prefer the look of hung then dry trimmed herb and prefer to do it that way but my last harvest, I had to wet trim as I was going into hospital for an op the next day and couldn’t face the thought of hours/days dry trimming after coming out. The bud definitely has some flat sides, ha ha
Your bud looks great, I really enjoyed Serious 6 and thought it was nice smoke when I tried some outdoors in the U.K once.

Reactions: f-e

window

Veteran
Forgot to add, yeah this is a strong, astringent, almost chemical orange smell in the bag, not natural.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Maybe grown using bud hardener’s like Rox or Super bud??? I’ve only ever grown the Manny cut, which is dense a fuck when dried but doesn’t come out looking like that, more like what you posted above. Maybe it is the genetics though????
A question for those who come across genuine so called ‘Cali import ‘. All the stuff I’ve come across, has small but super dense bud’s. Now I know a lot of these modern hybrids have varieties like Cookies in their make up which makes the bud really dense but these things are like stones. Is it because the flower’s are vac packed?? Does vac packing sort of shrink the bud and make it super dense??

I’m wondering too, if some of the import these days have been treated with some sort of synthetic terps?? The reason I say this is, my mrs brought a pack like a year ago and she kept the bag and even now when the empty bag is opened, I can still smell it! I mean, not even cheese will do this a year later….well, maybe a hint? Lol, but this is strong. I’m not even sure synthetic terps are a thing, are they? Dodgy if so.

bags and jars retaining smell is nothing new .. the idea is to keep the smell contained

indica buds are known to be dense its only when you get to 60% sat 40% indy do you start to get small foxtails... 70% sat 30% indy you get decent dredds and sativas are known

stardawg is a solid indica ... hashplant ...

this is chocolate dawg..

full

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
fresh batch of dawg .... looks like import

cant even squeeze the flowers ... like racing drivers knuckles

people be like ...... dont you get bored of stardawg ......

full

full

full
fresh batch of dawg .... looks like import

cant even squeeze the flowers ... like racing drivers knuckles

people be like ...... dont you get bored of stardawg ......

full

full

full
The first pic of the buds in the bag looks like PGR enhanced flower.

Although I can’t truly judge that example, it’s common that weed that doesn’t pass some of the regs in the states gets shipped this way. Over use of PGRs is definitely frowned upon but in heavy use. Personally won’t go near cali tins for this exact reason. There’s no way of knowing how it was grown.

The main PGRs are Paclobutrazol, Daminozide and Chlormequat Chloride. There’s a long list of these chemicals being extremely hazardous to health ranging from infertility, organ damage, eye and skin problems. Daminozide is a carcinogen that has been banned for human consumption since 1989. All of the above have been found in modern examples of cannabis and are more prevalent than they should be.

Some cultivars result in very tight flower formation but none should be so hard that they can’t be compressed, no matter the genetics.

Due diligence on product should be a priority in my opinion, especially from unknown sources.

window

Veteran
bags and jars retaining smell is nothing new .. the idea is to keep the smell contained

indica buds are known to be dense its only when you get to 60% sat 40% indy do you start to get small foxtails... 70% sat 30% indy you get decent dredds and sativas are known

stardawg is a solid indica ... hashplant ...

this is chocolate dawg..

full

Of course it’s nothing new but the bag I was referring to smells incredibly strong still, unnaturally so imho.
I looked it up and synthetic terp’s are indeed a thing, the smoke was incredibly harsh, so who knows?

I’m aware of how indica and sativa ratios can affect the density of dried flower, was just wondering why the Cali import all seems to have the same look, small, rock hard, tightly trimed little bud’s. f-e’s description of the method’s used make sense, was just wondering if being vac packed for import contributed towards the look? Which people now associate with import herb and pay a premium for.

Yeah, Stardawg is a quality WLD hybrid but I don’t grow it myself as there is just too much of it about but understand why people buy it as it gives them the best bang for the buck they pay.

Great post Kal😀
I have to admit to using Superbud once when it first became available in the U.K, I was enthusiastically sold it from grow shop owner who told me how it would up my yields and give a more solid, dense flower, I was young and naïve. I didn’t like what it did to the plant with the curling leafs as it stopped the stretch and although it did indeed make the bud solid, it affected the visible resin and I’m sure the taste, so stopped using it as it just seemed unnatural, it was banned in the U.K soon after but it’s still around on one form or another and have been offered it under the counter in certain shops but politely decline.

Anyway, back to the thread title, this is what my mrs is smoking, Chi’s Cookie S1. About as dense a flower as you can get, naturally 😎
134D27AD-C45E-48BC-93C2-0894FA0133E0.jpeg

I recently dry sifted some scraggly NLD buds of mainly Seedsman Original Haze and Tom’s Haze with a single bud of Kerala that’s been in the jar for year’s. Only made a small amount but incredibly exotic smoke with a multi layered taste of incense, spice and hash with just a touch of mint. Effect is not so energetic as it was herb, probably as it has been in the jar a while but still up and clear while having a dreamy psychedelic edge, best smoke I’ve had, hash wise for years.

4BF1E6F0-986F-498F-A7E5-21F1B2B13A1C.jpeg

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
orange N cream

orange/grapefruit on the front with a (diesel) that makes it taste like a whiskey on the back drop..

leaves a nice tropical after taste on the pallette that lasts a good 30 mins after the zoot.. you can always tell when someone is smoking oranges cause it emits in the smoke

150s on the z... boxes of it

full

marzian_alien

orange N cream

orange/grapefruit on the front with a (diesel) that makes it taste like a whiskey on the back drop..

leaves a nice tropical after taste on the pallette that lasts a good 30 mins after the zoot.. you can always tell when someone is smoking oranges cause it emits in the smoke

150s on the z... boxes of it

full
Smoked my last joint a few hours ago and this is just teasing me....:love::love::love:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Cookies Kush. I didn't do it anymore, but kept a bit to keep me going. This little nugget would grace anybodies pipe by it's presence. Right now, it's going in mine :)

cookieskush.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
incredible bulk dr kripping easy grow not a bad toot either:rolleyes:
Quotes about 800g per meter iirc. It does indeed yield over the usual 400-650g plants. However, it's one of the very few things that I didn't give a second chance. I remember giving it a friend, and telling him ' it did not come from me ' as I can't bin something a skint friend could get by with.

There are a few strains claim numbers in the 800-1000gpm region, but each have been like a bad outdoor. Not photo worthy.

sandsmp81

Veteran
Was going t
The first pic of the buds in the bag looks like PGR enhanced flower.

Although I can’t truly judge that example, it’s common that weed that doesn’t pass some of the regs in the states gets shipped this way. Over use of PGRs is definitely frowned upon but in heavy use. Personally won’t go near cali tins for this exact reason. There’s no way of knowing how it was grown.

The main PGRs are Paclobutrazol, Daminozide and Chlormequat Chloride. There’s a long list of these chemicals being extremely hazardous to health ranging from infertility, organ damage, eye and skin problems. Daminozide is a carcinogen that has been banned for human consumption since 1989. All of the above have been found in modern examples of cannabis and are more prevalent than they should be.

Some cultivars result in very tight flower formation but none should be so hard that they can’t be compressed, no matter the genetics.

Due diligence on product should be a priority in my opinion, especially from unknown sources.
Was going to say that those flowers look like PGR bud, super dense and too many orange hairs, wonder if has hardly any smell too as that's another giveaway.

That shit scares the life out of me, so many people haven't a clue about it.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
purple stardawg...

unless you have grown any dawg or indica dom plant its hard to have an opinion ..

ive grown both the purple and the manny and the chem d and the buds do on there own come out really really dense ...

currently smoking the purple dawg.. she has a purple taste mixed with the dawg.. she is my fav ...

full

full

Latest posts

Latest posts